1. #1

    Help against Warriors

    Hey, im playing different classes in pvp. Lately i play a lot on my lock. And i feel kinda helpless against warrior.
    I mean they are saying they get nerfed all the time and that they arens so strong and stuff. But i really feel like i cant do shit.

    Here is how my fight goes:

    1. Warrior uses berserker rage
    2. Charge and stun (i cant fear him, he is immune)
    3. I pop some survival cds
    4.Shockwave + hard faceroll, ok i gotta use trinket, even with def cds my hps going low very quick
    5. Finally i can fear! Maybe i can breath for a sec. He uses trinket and heroic leap
    6. He fears me and my pet
    7. At this point i have done almost no dmg, i used all my def cds and my trinket. He has pretty much full hp while he has done about 500k dmg.
    8. He just stands and watches me running around in fear
    9. Charge + Dead

    So now no matter what class i play (in example lock), where in between this total annihilation and stun madness i have a point where i can somehow counter?

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral nerdjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,104
    Of all classes warlocks tend to be destroyed most easily by warriors, and that's a pretty severe disadvantage when you consider how op warriors currently are. If you're just talking 1v1, the only chances you should really have involve terrain abuse with portal/gateway or blowing him up in a coil as demo.

  3. #3
    If in imaginary world u will put in fair 1vs1 some skilled lock and war, there is no chance for lock to win atm. Just mechanics, ofc there is plenty of examples when lock kicks asses but face the thuth atm lock dun have currently skills,spells to push back for enught time to nuke some execption in some cases might be demo.

  4. #4
    If go demonology the warrior won't be able to kill you if you use portals, demonic leap, demonic knockback, pet stun, and dark regeneration-healthstone glyph. And you don't even need to juke, since it's all instant casting. Try it out, you'll have a much easier time if you learn how to play it.

  5. #5
    Like the above posters said Demo is your best bet at beating them 1v1 for aff to win you would need to just completely outplay tem and be able to spam MG the entire time in order to make your dots do enough dmg than his self heals... It's sad but w/e they are being nerfed I think in 5.2 o I may be wrong who knows... Lol

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Hey, im playing different classes in pvp. Lately i play a lot on my lock. And i feel kinda helpless against warrior.
    I mean they are saying they get nerfed all the time and that they arens so strong and stuff. But i really feel like i cant do shit.

    Here is how my fight goes:

    1. Warrior uses berserker rage
    2. Charge and stun (i cant fear him, he is immune)
    3. I pop some survival cds
    4.Shockwave + hard faceroll, ok i gotta use trinket, even with def cds my hps going low very quick
    5. Finally i can fear! Maybe i can breath for a sec. He uses trinket and heroic leap
    6. He fears me and my pet
    7. At this point i have done almost no dmg, i used all my def cds and my trinket. He has pretty much full hp while he has done about 500k dmg.
    8. He just stands and watches me running around in fear
    9. Charge + Dead

    So now no matter what class i play (in example lock), where in between this total annihilation and stun madness i have a point where i can somehow counter?
    Honestly Warlocks lack any kind of mobility when constantly being focused by melee. I never have had a hard time dealing with Locks even on my Ret Paladin. Mostly every spell in a Warlock's tool kit has a cast time and they lack any escape mechanism on a low CD unless you are Demo. Well you have Demonic Gate but its nothing compared to a mage's blink, instant cast and good control.

    Also to be noted Warriors counter locks hard with their short anti fear CC so you ain't going to get a chance to CC a Warrior often. A good Warrior will not pop Berserker Rage at the start btw. Its a noob move to pull.

    Warlocks really shine when spreading damage from the back. A warlock can dish out a ton of damage if not focused quickly. Warlocks are similar to boomkins, however, boomkins have some kind of mobility but still suck when trained by melee. However, a Warrior has a really hard time with a Fire or Frost Mage.
    Last edited by wynterlyn; 2013-02-22 at 12:01 AM.

  7. #7
    What blizzard should do it just change fear to a horror effect and no more warrior issues for Warlocks!! ^^

  8. #8
    *shrug* you last longer than i do

    i see no mention of ports or gateways

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    What blizzard should do it just change fear to a horror effect and no more warrior issues for Warlocks!! ^^
    They are doing that, They changed blood fear to blood horror, But it's also a buff placed on yourself where when you get hit, you horrify the target away for some odd seconds. But they did take away your instant fears so you'll have to hardcast them again, but warriors being unable to rage out of your initial CC will be a benefit i think, atleast from a 1v1 perspective.

  10. #10
    If you're facing warriors, use Unbound Will instead of Blood Fear and go Demo, as the other posters have stated. 10% hp cost for not sitting in his stun is better than a fear he will instantly dispel (via berserk).

    When he pops all his CDs, teleport away. Make sure to stay in range of your portal, and have it someplace he can't just leap to. The bridge in Blade's Edge is obviously the best for this, but even teleporting behind a pillar so he can't leap/charge you instantly is good.

  11. #11
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,721
    Just gonna leave this here, but as a warlock you can't really win 1v1 against any class unless they are ignoring you.
    You're nothing more then a fear/healthstone/gateway bot that can trow out some damage during dark soul.

    The best you can do it just going demonology and abuse LoS and double port ( which is getting nerfed in 5.2). Just have your imps and felguard burn him low enough and finish with chaos waves.
    If you are not making full use of your portals, gateway and leap, there's no chance you'll ever win. Just build up fury and let your pets do most of the damage, once you have a decent amount go nuts and finish it.

  12. #12
    If you are destro you can usually get some pressure during the shadowfurys you lay out and only use of instants while feeding yourself HP with embers. Also portals are quite boss.

  13. #13
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    If you are destro you can usually get some pressure during the shadowfurys you lay out and only use of instants while feeding yourself HP with embers. Also portals are quite boss.
    Yes, but you are never going to get past second wind unless you can get a chaosbolt off which is near impossible to do against a decent warrior in a 1v1 scenario.

  14. #14
    Plus if you do get the cast off it is probably because he used mass spell reflect at the last second.

  15. #15
    have him pop CDs, port on top of pillar, wait for CDs to run out, pop your CDs and kill him
    /collect points

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •