View Poll Results: Should there be more gold from the act of pvping.

Voters
226. This poll is closed
  • Yes

154 68.14%
  • No

72 31.86%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Should there be more gold from pvping?

Some people love to pvp, that is all they want to do. Such players do not want to often or at all go out and do dailies and/or que for random scenario/dungeon. They spend their time in rated or random bgs or doing arena, sometimes doing world pvp. This leads less gold for time spent playing. Playing here means working on Rep, valor, doing raids, scenarios or dungeons and ofcourse pvp.
    Should it be, when you kill a player in the world or in a bg, that they can be looted for gold like a mob (not that dead players gold mind) and i mean significant not in silvers. Should completing a rated or random bg or doing arena games award any gold? If not why not if yes why is this your opinion.
    Pvpers can work the auction house and spend time on professions do they need more gold from doing what they enjoy most. PVP.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is an RPG at its core. I do agree with Blizzard's philosophy that PvP in this game should be affected by pve RPG elements such as gear, stats, gold, professions and character advancement. Therefore, you should be forced to apply yourself in one area of pve to maximize your pvp character. This game has always been like this.

I don't understand how anyone could actually play this game ONLY for pvp. That means every time you log on, you play battlgrounds and areans only. No quests, no dungeons, no farming, just pvp. They have tournament realms for people like this.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could actually play this game ONLY for pvp. That means every time you log on, you play battlgrounds and areans only. No quests, no dungeons, no farming, just pvp. They have tournament realms for people like this.
    Generally people who "only" PvP do PvP as end game, they don't do Raids/dungeons/Scenarios, Farming old content and doing quests don't generally fall into the same catergory, I know pretty much only PvPers and this is how we all do it, It's pretty hard to do no PvE if you count in quests also^^

I would like to see a Wager system, So you can set up wargames and well, wager a certain amount against the opposing team, Also only on wargames so then you choose your opponents, so you can't moan about getting grouped against wintraders.

Edit: Ofcourse PvP still costs money, with enchants/gems/pots and flasks etc, So i think their should be a slightly better monetry reward, the only thing that costs you more in PvE is repairs, you ofcourse still get durability damage in PvP, Just not from dying so it takes alot more time to red line your gear^^
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2013-02-16 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After having made a shitton of money with barely any effort by doing Leatherworking, I can't say PvP should award a lot of money anymore. I literally made above the 40k gold by selling leather chests/gloves and selling some enchants.

Most people who can't make money are the ones who don't have any professions. If you cba to lvl up professions to maximize your character, then why would you want money for gems/enchants?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say, for the sake of "equality", add a small gold amount to pvp queue's, similar to the LFG/LFR tool. Something like, 4-5g per loss, 10g per win for a random BG. Nothing major so it doesn't make it feel like a way to farm gold, but enough to reward people that don't need the honor, or to help the people who are working their way along with gear for enchants/gems/reforging.

You already have a massive problem with AFK bots in PvP if you add in gold as something you gain as well, expect the bot problem to become even worse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    You already have a massive problem with AFK bots in PvP if you add in gold as something you gain as well, expect the bot problem to become even worse
    Not when it isn't as efficient as other methods of obtaining gold.

We don't need a lot of gold in PvP, but a little help to pay the repair bills from getting knocked of EotS map, and enchants and gems or whatever would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    Not when it isn't as efficient as other methods of obtaining gold.

We don't need a lot of gold in PvP, but a little help to pay the repair bills from getting knocked of EotS map, and enchants and gems or whatever would be nice.

Loot the dead bodies they contain gold as is. the idea of giving gold for PvP is beyond terrible imo. And trust me bots will come when you give $$$ rewards even if they are abysmal, heck you have a bot problem without any $$$$ reward and giving more rewards means you will encourage more bots.

Deleted
    Loot the dead bodies they contain gold as is. the idea of giving gold for PvP is beyond terrible imo. And trust me bots will come when you give $$$ rewards even if they are abysmal, heck you have a bot problem without any $$$$ reward and giving more rewards means you will encourage more bots.
    Those bots are not there for the gold, but honor. Adding a minor gold reward won't make much of a difference since the ones farming honor are already in BGs and the ones farming gold will have much more effective methods for it.

Edit: is there anyone that even bothers to loot bodies in PvP? It's a waste of time, which is precious in PvP. People would probably not even touch them if there wasn't a cast time on it.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-02-16 at 08:27 PM.

Loot the dead bodies they contain gold copper and silver as is.
    If it wasn't for the Darkmoon artifacts, looting those bodies would feel like looking under your couch for loose change. It's a really, awfully low amount of money and should either be buffed or what the OP mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

Deleted
    i think a small bit, maybe a little bit of gold from arena wins/BG wins.. i dont think a huge gold gain is needed, but a small one would be nice. to help pay towards new gems/enchants for new gear.

You mean the dead bodies that you can only loot half the time that barely gives anything? That really doesn't cut it. This is really an equality thing here between pve and pvp. You can get away with not making any money while pveing and afford what you need as you go along but you can't do that with pvp and that is the core of this argument.

I haven't looted any pvp bodies in a while so I had to look it up, apparently you only get like 30 copper now? Ya like I said that doesn't do anything, really there's no reason for that to even be there anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The darkmoon artifacts sell for 200g or more. If you loot a few bodies every bg you will get least 1 every game. Every month I have at least 30-40 of these in bank waiting to sell.

The problem is bots, of course. I would rather just have anything a PvPer needs (such as PvP gems and enchants) be available for honor, and make it where gear takes no damage at all in BGs and arena, or against players in general. A pure PvPer (like me) would still get no gold, but it would no longer matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The problem is bots, of course. I would rather just have anything a PvPer needs (such as PvP gems and enchants) be available for honor, and make it where gear takes no damage at all in BGs and arena, or against players in general. A pure PvPer (like me) would still get no gold, but it would no longer matter.
    This would be the way to go however i'm not convinced people would try to farm gold if they put a little gold reward for doing a bg. Botting ore and herbs would probably way more profitable.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Players going afk in RF still get loot, fail bag and gold for the que, so don't give me that poor reasoning.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that you should get no money via pvp whatsoever but I don't think your durability should go down on pvp items. If you are using pve items in pvp you then obviously pve'd therefore can pay for repairs. Other than that the special pvp currency honor etc should be sufficient for a pvpers needs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I think that you should get no money via pvp whatsoever but I don't think your durability should go down on pvp items. If you are using pve items in pvp you then obviously pve'd therefore can pay for repairs. Other than that the special pvp currency honor etc should be sufficient for a pvpers needs.
    You have not stated why you think there should be no more gold for pvpers.

Enough bots as it is - no need to encourage them. PvP - Conquest & epics. PvE - Valor & epics & REPAIRS.

Professions -> gold

After reaching your conquest cap, make each rated pvp win give a small (say, 50ish for Arena and 100ish for RBG) gold bonus.

Would have the side effect of increasing rated pvp participation as well by incentivizing playing beyond your cap.