Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocolas View Post
    Givin to you by america... you know nothing.
    Did you just claim that the T-34 is american...

Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    thank the brits for the night raids, that was their department, we did the daytime raids, which took heavier losses since you could see them more easily.
    American RAF Wellingtons did the deadlies night boming raid. The heavy death toll forced them to switch to night raids and terror rather than precision. I should also mention that the bombings were carried out because of a token war declaration.

Again, this is not bashing. You (some americans) see europe as a single entity. Many of the europeans you ask for thanks have suffered more from the allies then from the germans.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    You know Ka, I almost cannot believe that you are even debating this. If the Russians had taken all of Germany they could have taken the rest of western Europe as well.

But Stalin was a nice guy right?
    They couldn't take Finland.

Winter War
    Part of World War II

Date 30 November 1939 – 13 March 1940
    (3 months, 1 week and 5 days)
    Location Eastern Finland
    Result Moscow Peace Treaty

Territorial changes
    Cession of the Gulf of Finland islands, Karelian Isthmus, Ladoga Karelia, Salla, and Rybachy Peninsula, and rental of Hanko to the Soviet Union.

Belligerents
    Finland + * Foreign Volunteers
    Soviet Union

Strength
    Finland

337,000–346,500 men
    32 tanks
    114 aircraft

Soviet Union

425,640–760,578 men
    998,100 men (overall)
    2,514–6,541 tanks
    3,880 aircraft

Casualties and losses
    Finland

25,904 dead or missing
    43,557 wounded
    1,000 captured
    957 civilians in air raids
    20–30 tanks
    62 aircraft
    70,000 total casualties

Soviet Union
    126,875 dead or missing
    188,671 wounded, injured or burned
    5,572 captured
    3,543 tanks
    261–515 aircraft
    323,000 total casualties

*Volunteers arrived from various countries. By far, the largest foreign contingent came from neighbouring Sweden, which provided nearly 8,760 volunteers during the war. The Swedish Volunteer Corps (Svenska Frivilligkåren), formed from the Swedes, the Norwegians (727 men) and the Danes (1,010 men), fought on the northern front at Salla. In total, Finland received 12,000 volunteers.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    World War II was primarily fought in Europe. Which continent is the US in?
    umm... you do know that 2 russians soldiers got 1 gun.. the other carried the ammo.. then told to charge a mg-42? Im surprised at how you dont know your own history. America wouldnt do that... we are smart.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 12:18 AM ----------

The parts to build it were.. and the labour that but it together were... the ships that transported it were... come on man.

If you have something negative to say about my country, by no means don't continue beating about the bush with it. What's wrong with being Russian?

Only if you have a selective perception of history. The reason why Germany attacked Russia so early was that Britain stalled them, and they either had to procure fuel supplies or run out. The Nazi armies were running on short supplies from the onset of the war.

No.
    sticks and stones would be a major exaggeration but we did help out quite a bit with lend lease:

In total, the US deliveries through Lend-Lease amounted to $11 billion in materials: over 400,000 jeeps and trucks; 12,000 armored vehicles (including 7,000 tanks); 11,400 aircraft and 1,75 million tons of food.

I somewhat doubt the figure of 11 billion is adjusted for inflation
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

10+ Year Old Account
    umm... you do know that 2 russians soldiers got 1 gun.. the other carried the ammo.. then told to charge a mg-42? Im surprised at how you dont know your own history. America wouldnt do that... we are smart.
    Apparently that trait has watered down since the war. You're shifting goal posts with literally every post you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    ಠ_ಠ
    Your education has failed so miserably that I have difficulties expressing just how much I believe it failed.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 01:10 AM ----------

I'M not the Russian...

Jesus, LOOK AT THE DAMN LOCATIONS! If you don't recognize it - google it.
    Really? I hope you're aware that Britain literally lost everything in battle, and then got bombed to hell before the US showed up with an actual competent army to save the them and the world.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I did the math just now, know what it came up as?
    Doods, stop frothing at the mouth, you know how hard it is to get a decent vacation in what's left of their job?!
    didn't you guys read the quotes from the russian bomber crews?
    "In Soviet Russia, you take vacation on the job, cheap flights that way"
    Guam must be nice this time of year.

(seriously glad I adjusted my own attitude, you guys sound crazy when you get all tweaked over this small, nothing, shit. I didn't realize it when I was right there along with you....but it's true. Like a bunch of lunatics.)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    They couldn't take Finland.
    I remember hearing it had something to do with Stalin purging anyone who could oppose him - which was basically all the competent people.

Deleted
    If you have something negative to say about my country, by no means don't continue beating about the bush with it. What's wrong with being Russian?
    I like living in a free country where I have rights.

Only if you have a selective perception of history. The reason why Germany attacked Russia so early was that Britain stalled them, and they either had to procure fuel supplies or run out. The Nazi armies were running on short supplies from the onset of the war.

No.
    I am willing to tolerate ignorance from you Ka because naivety always amuses me, but don't you dare distort history to fit your point of view.

The Nazis were stupid to invade Russia and be paralyzed by the winter, but U.S. supplies were vital in ending the war. Please educate yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Le...veries_to_USSR

Listen to your fellow countryman Stalin himself. I'm sure you are a huge fan of Stalin.

Joseph Stalin, during the Tehran Conference in 1943, acknowledged publicly the importance of American efforts during a dinner at the conference: "Without American production the United Nations could never have won the war."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    sticks and stones would be a major exaggeration but we did help out quite a bit with lend lease:

In total, the US deliveries through Lend-Lease amounted to $11 billion in materials: over 400,000 jeeps and trucks; 12,000 armored vehicles (including 7,000 tanks); 11,400 aircraft and 1,75 million tons of food.

I somewhat doubt the figure of 11 billion is adjusted for inflation
    I've never denied the aid that the US sent; see the last page. But, again, saying that the US was the be all end all saviors of World War II is facetious, and pretty much comes from an education on the war based on comic books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop grasping at straws Ka, Admit you got American help and be humble about it.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop grasping at straws Ka, Admit you got American help and be humble about it.

Thank you.
    Perhaps you should... you know.... read the pages before you post.

Apparently that trait has watered down since the war.
    I think im in love...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I remember hearing it had something to do with Stalin purging anyone who could oppose him - which was basically all the competent people.
    Yup good old Stalin killed most of the experienced officers ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Russian machine never break right? Good Ol' American parts that make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    American RAF Wellingtons did the deadlies night boming raid. The heavy death toll forced them to switch to night raids and terror rather than precision. I should also mention that the bombings were carried out because of a token war declaration.

Again, this is not bashing. You (some americans) see europe as a single entity. Many of the europeans you ask for thanks have suffered more from the allies then from the germans.
    the RAF is British, m8, and you accuse me of thinking of europe as one country?

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 06:25 PM ----------

I've never denied the aid that the US sent; see the last page. But, again, saying that the US was the be all end all saviors of World War II is facetious, and pretty much comes from an education on the war based on comic books.
    Ok, sounds like were mostly on the same page then.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

10+ Year Old Account
    umm... you do know that 2 russians soldiers got 1 gun.. the other carried the ammo.. then told to charge a mg-42? Im surprised at how you dont know your own history. America wouldnt do that... we are smart.[COLOR="red"]
    Yeah, your soldiers were each given a gun before beeing told to charge a mg-42

Maybe they are testing how close they can go to USA without being detected?

Not that they are planning something, just because having that info may or may not be useful in the future.

Information is power.

USA often sends aircraft into space they are not allowed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    ...as you know yanks like to start wars out of the blue and then decide to drop nukes on people.
    Honestly I feel so blessed that I was born in the digital age, for thousands of years mankind has existed without the ability to have 24 hour access to people so fucking stupid they imply the United States started World War 2.