Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I'm guessing these scam call don't happen within the US? Cause I've never gotten one.
    U.S. don't do these kinds of scam calls. They do kidnapping scam calls. Its been in the news lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I found that:

Hilarious.
    Oh my god I recognize that voice! Thats the same person who called me, she seemed to have less patience with me though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Do your phones actually start beeping immediately after hanging up? Because I've only ever seen that in movies.
    Yeah ours do
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I found that:

Hilarious.
    Hahahahaha this is SO hilarious. XD HAAAALP HELLO?!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I've watched enough Heroes to know what lvl 5 is...

10+ Year Old Account
    I get calls at my office all the time (like, literally every day around the same time) from "the IT department" saying that they've been getting virus messages from my computer and they need access.

It's kinda fucked up. There's no chance that I would be confused, but it seems like the kind of thing where if you work in a big corporation where you have an entire IT department where you might not know everyone that someone could easily think it was a real call. And of course, not everyone is tech savvy. Other then me, the rest of my office is older women who aren't too familiar with computers and if it wasn't the case that our "IT department" was one guy they all know, they could easily be taken in.

I feel bad for anyone tricked by those kinds of messages.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    they are a holes for doing stuff like this and deserve to be messed with as much as possible, it may be funny when experienced people answer these calls but just imagine all the elderly people that have no idea about computers falling for it
    Yeah, unfortunately my mother-in-law nearly fell for this once, luckily I was home and proceeded to troll the dude for about 20 minutes until I got my jetski air horn out and let it off in his ear, lol.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I'm guessing these scam call don't happen within the US? Cause I've never gotten one.
    Yeah, they do. It happened to my Mother-in-law, as I posted above.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    good ol microsoft scam callers!

"Microsoft": Hello im looking for James?
    me: Speaking!
    "Microsoft: Hi my names Alex and im calling from level 5 technical support team!
    Me: Level 5, never heard of you guys!
    "Microsoft": We're an top level team that deals with major problems
    me: Oh ok
    "Microsoft": Anyways, Im calling you today in regards to you computer, its been transmitting a signal thats caused a major US bank to shut its computer system down and i tracked your IP to this phone number!
    Me: really? well thats strange, considering i dont have a computer at all
    Microsoft: According to my infomation, Yes you do and i need to access your computer to fix the issue.
    Me: Tell me something, what sound does a truck make when reversing?
    Microsoft: A beep noise?
    *Hangs up*

Oh gee oh gee, I guess they discovered my secret plans to kill the major us banks....then again i dont know much about the major US banks as it is!
    i would say "so if i bought down a major bank and why are you calling me and not the police/fbi? im sure they can do a better job of stopping me than you."
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I worked at a call center at my university up until last semester and I still remember the political polls and surveys we used to do and when I get these guys calling me at my house I always troll them hard. The surveys I did at the call center lasted like 8 mins at least and I always turn the calls around to take a "quick survey". Ends up being super fun asking about their views on Chris Christie, how he handled Superstorm Sandy and if they would vote for him.

Often after a few minutes if taking MY survey, they put their supervisor on the line and I survey him. Usually ends up with THEM hanging up on me!
    Last edited by Lockstatus; 2013-02-17 at 08:50 AM.