We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

View Poll Results: Is WoW too RNG orientated?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 45.59%
  • No

    37 54.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The token system is like Lucy and the football with Charlie brown. Oooh. I have an extra token roll, maybe, maybe, crap just gold again.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

  2. #22
    are you sure that wow is 100% rng based? I think that unless we see the source code we can't say that, also is pretty simple for blizzard devs to implement "controls" over rng
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

  3. #23
    Titan Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    12,776
    I think RNG is essential to a good MMO, but I feel to much is actually very damaging.

    Back in Tier 11 (Cataclysm) my guild was clearing Magmaw since it was open and available to kill. We got Blackwing Decent down fairly quickly, and started to farm it on Heroic. We ran that raid every week for the entire tier, and I missed only one raid during that whole time. For the entire tier, the Magmaw Stamina Trinket, never dropped. Week after Week it would never drop for me.

    The same is occurring now, I've ran Mogu'shan Palace at least 5 times a day (Through Specific & Random) for the Stamina Trinket off the second boss, and I have been doing this now for around 2 weeks, and it has yet to drop once.

    Both these cases, have been extremely frustrating and annoying, I've worked hard to get the item(s), I continue to put in hours worth of work to find alternatives that'll suit me until I get them, farming Heroics for Justice Points to cover the gap on my gear.

    I would like to see some form of reward for my efforts, as it is now gone well beyond the point of a nuisance. I'm not going to quit over a few items, but I do find that my participating in the game falls the longer I am not rewarded for the work I am doing. I've started playing less, as I can't even be bothered to log in knowing I won't get it, if I run it another time each day.

    All comments are my own personal views & opinions.

  4. #24

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Pretty sure it's more exciting to actually get the item than to, like, not.
    Only because getting the item is lucky.

  6. #26
    Titan Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    12,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Only because getting the item is lucky.
    I agree, but not getting the item at all due to RNG is one of the most horrible feelings.

    All comments are my own personal views & opinions.

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans nemro82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Eorzea/Azeroth
    Posts
    2,746
    WoW wouldnt last 8 years if there was no RNG. Everything on schedule, everything planned everything...boring.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    UNLIMITED TRIES are OK with the RNG. But when you have to sit and wait for one entire week for another try, it's getting out of hand already. One difficulty superimposed to another difficulty is completely unnecessary.
    Maybe Blizzard should sell lockout resets for old content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

    RPG is non-canon by default. (MickyNeilson)

  9. #29
    Titan Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    12,776
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    WoW wouldnt last 8 years if there was no RNG. Everything on schedule, everything planned everything...boring.
    I don't think people are wanting to be have everything done on a timer, and to a routine, but i'd be nice if every boss kill, earned you say, 3% more chance on the gear you want?

    All comments are my own personal views & opinions.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Maybe Blizzard should sell lockout resets for old content.
    Now that's something I could get behind.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    A little RNG is great because you get the "I WIN" feeling.
    Too much RNG especially when it's tied to the best gear just feels unfair.

    I could give a crap about mounts.

    lol who gets a i win feeling when he clearly knows he achieved nothing but only has been lucky.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •