Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.2 Warlockworth playing?

I have played this game since BC and have always plate my warlock as my main. I have reached 2600+ in arena and have been 2300+ every season. Except this season I have T2 threw RBGS which in ashamed of but that's a whole different story!

My real concern is how will locks be after 5.2 goes live I still plan on playing my warlock but already started to level a death knight just incase it's as bad as it seems it will be.

I know warlocks get hit with the nerf bat more than ther classes just because everyone hate us but it seems blizzard is really putting it to us in te 5.2 patch without any dmg buffs a little survival buff and removing sac. Blood fear nerf was needed but they made the spell useless now.

This is in all honesty the first time I have ever considered rerolling. I love warlocks and the whole play style but blizzard is making it hard for me to want to continue playing the class. Even Nadagastt knows things are bad...

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Natixsphere; 2013-02-17 at 12:27 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.

If you know what I'm saying....and I think you do

(dots on rollerskates, fuck yah!)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Lol!! I didn't know what you meant at first -.-

I played when mages were shit in TBC. Stop complaining. It's not as bad as it sounds. Either play the class you 'love' or reroll like the rest of the FOTM'ers if you want "an easier time".

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    I played when mages were shit in TBC. Stop complaining. It's not as bad as it sounds. Either play the class you 'love' or reroll like the rest of the FOTM'ers if you want "an easier time".
    Mages shit in TBC? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Mages shit in TBC? LOL
    Obviously, you haven't played a mage at high ratings in TBC.

already gearing warrior,

its not as bad as it seems. Iam sure the upper elite 1% of players who push classes to their limit will suffer major problems in pve and pvp being competitive but below that nerfs dilute and dissipate sufficiently for everything to still remain generally on the same base. Spell Mechanics being influenced has more wider influence however but we can always work around them and they definitely do not make us useless.

What's obvious is that you're lying and have no evidence to prove they were bad.

Warlocks are awesome? I see that as a reason to keep playing

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    What's obvious is that you're lying and have no evidence to prove they were bad.
    No, you're lying and have no evidence that they were good.

c wat i did thar?

Did you even play back then?

No, but I've met many high rated mages in TBC. Maybe you were just bad?

RMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    No, but I've met many high rated mages in TBC. Maybe you were just bad?

RMP.
    Yeah, you've met mages at high ratings, but nothing compared to the vast majority of locks, warriors, rogues, priests, hunters and resto druids.

Also, RMP always lost to WLD with half a brain.

Mages went oom so fast that it was ridiculous.

Having only damage in form of the ele you could summon out for 1 shatter, where after you were pretty much useless.

Locks countered them so bad, they could kill them naked.

Sheep being useless versus the only healer that was used - resto druids.

Yeah, mages were amazing back in TBC!

I for one, am interested to see how it will pan out before shelving my lock for PvP. Namely if they can bring burst under control then it will hopefully help us in arena.

Still not too convinced affliction will make a come back yet in 5.2 compared to demo or destro.

Deleted
    I've seen some Affliction warlocks keeping a sick spread damage across the board in 5v5.

Demonology is quite sweet though, isn't it?

Demo still is pretty good if you ask me. I still plan on playing my warlock in the beginning to see how things are. I must say though have been lvl my dk it is pretty fun! Haha still love my warlock though!!

Obviously you're clueless since RMP was one of the best setups around, comparable to WLD only. Also in 5s mages were going strong. They were vunerable to viper sting but still were top tier class.

OT: locks are looking grim for next season and main reasons for this are: rogues and monks buffs (they're huge for boss classes), affliction still being in the gutter with its reliance on MG for serious dmg output, DK got freebies as well but think rogues will lock them down yet again, demo loosing it's burst. Blood fear nerf with melee uprising will just promote training locks even more and it'll be hard to create counterpreassure.

P.S. Still i'm not going to discard class - rogue buffs will promote RLS and ele buffs will probably be enough to force ppls train shamans and leave more space for lock.
    Last edited by Nyaldee; 2013-02-19 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Obviously you're clueless since RMP was one of the best setups around, comparable to WLD only. Also in 5s mages were going strong. They were vunerable to viper sting but still were top tier class.

OT: locks are looking grim for next season and main reasons for this are: rogues and monks buffs (they're huge for boss classes), affliction still being in the gutter with its reliance on MG for serious dmg output, DK got freebies as well but think rogues will lock them down yet again, demo loosing it's burst. Blood fear nerf with melee uprising will just promote training locks even more and it'll be hard to create counterpreassure.

P.S. Still i'm not going to discard class - rogue buffs will promote RLS and ele buffs will probably be enough to force ppls train shamans and leave more space for lock.

Ermm just curious they already nerfed Demo once.. They are nerfking it again? I was really looking forward to smoke bomb double chaos wave for the win!!! Lol

I do not think it is going to be as bad at some are thinking.

Yes, the changes to Blood Fear suck and the talent has been rendered useless. You can still spec into two instant cc's, granted they do not have the same duration, but it is enough to create some space when you are being trained in arena.

In regards to RBG's, I think Locks will still be okay. I think they only dmg nerf in regards to destro is the 5% decrease from GoSac.

Deleted
    Your getting green fire for goodness sake
    relax.