Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Azael says UA will be top damage 5.2 arenas
    Nadagast says that UA will still be in a rough spot due to reliance on MG/Haunt or CDs

Not really sure.

This'll be my first season to be serious about arena(we've been practicing in 5.1 but are behind the gear curve), so I'm hoping for, like 1800~ with my MLS team. I hope that they fix UA by the next season so I can push further without feeling like my class is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Your getting green fire for goodness sake
    relax.
    Right you do know not eevryone will be able to get this off the bat and its a rare drop from a bear or frog or some kind of random creature. Than you have to do some BS quest line to even get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Nadagast says that UA will still be in a rough spot due to reliance on MG/Haunt or CDs

Not really sure.

This'll be my first season to be serious about arena(we've been practicing in 5.1 but are behind the gear curve), so I'm hoping for, like 1800~ with my MLS team. I hope that they fix UA by the next season so I can push further without feeling like my class is a problem
    You realise both can be correct, right?

Aff probably will top damage, but it's spread over 3 targets and comes in slowly, and at a predictable and steady pace. This makes it as easily outhealed as damage could possibly be.

That, and aff's problem is survivability and how easily it is shut down and subsequently wrecked by melee. Many melee are getting massive buffs in 5.2.

1800 as a warlock will be easily done. You'll just have an easier time doing it as a spriest or mage in 5.2.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post

Aff probably will top damage, but it's spread over 3 targets and comes in slowly, and at a predictable and steady pace. This makes it as easily outhealed as damage could possibly be.

That, and aff's problem is survivability and how easily it is shut down and subsequently wrecked by melee. Many melee are getting massive buffs in 5.2.

1800 as a warlock will be easily done. You'll just have an easier time doing it as a spriest or mage in 5.2.
    If Afflic has such a problem with melee, Howl of Terror and Blood Horror will help, tons. Also... the entire point of dot cleaves was that the damage wasn't outhealable (a word? lol) because of spread damage and CC's. I would more be worried that Diffuse Magic from monks flat out crushes Affliction locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post

Yeah, I know both can't be correct, which is why I said "Not really sure."

I just don't know.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    If Afflic has such a problem with melee, Howl of Terror and Blood Horror will help, tons. Also... the entire point of dot cleaves was that the damage wasn't outhealable (a word? lol) because of spread damage and CC's. I would more be worried that Diffuse Magic from monks flat out crushes Affliction locks.
    Howl of terror doesn't help much now, and I think most locks will be taking Unbound will instead of blood horror. Blood horror doesn't seem to stack on the PTR, which makes it less useful; i thought it was supposed to have charges.

The big thing is the lack of damage outside of Malefic Grasp and Haunt or CDs. Since it's so difficult to cast right now damage is low. Doesn't mean that Locks aren't viable, just that they're very comp dependent. Not all classes are, many can play with just about any comp; spriests, 5.2 rogues, and 5.2 monks come to mind.

The dots should be outhealable, but we should also be able to apply pressure to a single target, we just can't right now, certainly not if we've got a competent melee on us. Particularly a cleave team; a healer with an interrupt plus 2 melee=12/15 seconds of no casting, not to mention stuns or other ccs.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know both can't be correct, which is why I said "Not really sure."

I just don't know.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 04:47 AM ----------

Howl of terror doesn't help much now, and I think most locks will be taking Unbound will instead of blood horror. Blood horror doesn't seem to stack on the PTR, which makes it less useful; i thought it was supposed to have charges.

The big thing is the lack of damage outside of Malefic Grasp and Haunt or CDs. Since it's so difficult to cast right now damage is low. Doesn't mean that Locks aren't viable, just that they're very comp dependent. Not all classes are, many can play with just about any comp; spriests, 5.2 rogues, and 5.2 monks come to mind.

The dots should be outhealable, but we should also be able to apply pressure to a single target, we just can't right now, certainly not if we've got a competent melee on us. Particularly a cleave team; a healer with an interrupt plus 2 melee=12/15 seconds of no casting, not to mention stuns or other ccs.
    Oh, I agree that Lock is very comp dependent, and I know they suck if they can't MG which is almost never, I'm just saying they do have self-peeling tools because all I hear people complain about is that melee will just non-stop train them into the ground.

Honestly, the only comps I see afflic working in at all are MLS and MAYBE shadowcleave but I honestly think a shadow priest will fit better for shadowcleave.

Oh, I agree that Lock is very comp dependent, and I know they suck if they can't MG which is almost never, I'm just saying they do have self-peeling tools because all I hear people complain about is that melee will just non-stop train them into the ground.

Honestly, the only comps I see afflic working in at all are MLS and MAYBE shadowcleave but I honestly think a shadow priest will fit better for shadowcleave.
    Well, consider this: You are being trained by a warrior, you Howl, he beserker rages and is out of fear, you put up blood horror, he trinkets, you cast fear...well now you're fucked aren't you.
    It's worse if there are two melee.
    If you survive their CDs then it's a different story, but it's that first 30 seconds that is so dangerous.
    I play MLS, and am hoping that my mage will be able to peel off of me enough for me to get a cast or two off. It's definitely a long game comp, gotta peel and get people out of position to score a kill.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 05:36 AM ----------

Well...That's interesting. Demo just got some pretty significant buffs. I like demo, though many high end locks hate it, it may be that it's the way to go for Locks in 5.2

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, consider this: You are being trained by a warrior, you Howl, he beserker rages and is out of fear, you put up blood horror, he trinkets, you cast fear...well now you're fucked aren't you.
    It's worse if there are two melee.
    If you survive their CDs then it's a different story, but it's that first 30 seconds that is so dangerous.
    I play MLS, and am hoping that my mage will be able to peel off of me enough for me to get a cast or two off. It's definitely a long game comp, gotta peel and get people out of position to score a kill.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 05:36 AM ----------

Well...That's interesting. Demo just got some pretty significant buffs. I like demo, though many high end locks hate it, it may be that it's the way to go for Locks in 5.2
    Yeah, definitely a big peel necessary comp, I agree, but honestly with the 52% buff to frostbolt damage letting the mage freecast is just as bad as letting Afflic free-cast. Also warriors are getting a pretty hefty chunk of their burst problem getting nerfed. Heroic Strike, being off the global CD, its a pretty big loss. They will still be fine though.

Though, yeah, you would maybe be better off just being Demo or Destro, as if you can even one chaos bolt off on a target in a deep freeze you should be golden, that plus frost mage burst will drop your target.

before the 20/2 patch notes, yes locks are shit loads of fun and pretty viable at rbgs and 3's.
    after 20/2 patch notes, lol hope we wont turn into fotm...

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Yeah, you've met mages at high ratings, but nothing compared to the vast majority of locks, warriors, rogues, priests, hunters and resto druids.

Also, RMP always lost to WLD with half a brain.

Mages went oom so fast that it was ridiculous.

Having only damage in form of the ele you could summon out for 1 shatter, where after you were pretty much useless.

Locks countered them so bad, they could kill them naked.

Sheep being useless versus the only healer that was used - resto druids.

Yeah, mages were amazing back in TBC!
    Just because you lose to OP Classes doesn't mean your Class is weak.

Yeah, definitely a big peel necessary comp, I agree, but honestly with the 52% buff to frostbolt damage letting the mage freecast is just as bad as letting Afflic free-cast. Also warriors are getting a pretty hefty chunk of their burst problem getting nerfed. Heroic Strike, being off the global CD, its a pretty big loss. They will still be fine though.

Though, yeah, you would maybe be better off just being Demo or Destro, as if you can even one chaos bolt off on a target in a deep freeze you should be golden, that plus frost mage burst will drop your target.
    I certainly enjoy Demo, but I like UA more. I don't know, will have to see how each feels. The buff to chaos waves, 15% is HUGE, and it would mean I won't have to cast much, which is the strength of Demo, hard to lock out. However the UA dispell protection is probably going to be pretty strong in 5.2, will have to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Just because you lose to OP Classes doesn't mean your Class is weak.
    according to mages it does lol. Because ferals and sp were out of control this season they need buffs

Deleted
    I have played this game since BC and have always plate my moonkin as my main. I have reached 2600+ in arena and have been 2300+ every season. Except this season I have T2 threw RBGS which in ashamed of but that's a whole different story!

My real concern is how will boomkings be after 5.2 goes live I still plan on playing my moonkin but already started to level a feral just incase it's as bad as it seems it will be.

I know moonkins get hit with the nerf bat more than ther classes just because everyone hate us but it seems blizzard is really putting it to us in te 5.2 patch without any dmg buffs a little survival buff and nerf nature's vigil. Typhoon nerf was needed but they made the spell useless now.

This is in all honesty the first time I have ever considered rerolling. I love boomkings and the whole play style but blizzard is making it hard for me to want to continue playing the class. Even Zarhym knows things are bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    I have played this game since BC and have always plate my moonkin as my main. I have reached 2600+ in arena and have been 2300+ every season. Except this season I have T2 threw RBGS which in ashamed of but that's a whole different story!

My real concern is how will boomkings be after 5.2 goes live I still plan on playing my moonkin but already started to level a feral just incase it's as bad as it seems it will be.

I know moonkins get hit with the nerf bat more than ther classes just because everyone hate us but it seems blizzard is really putting it to us in te 5.2 patch without any dmg buffs a little survival buff and nerf nature's vigil. Typhoon nerf was needed but they made the spell useless now.

This is in all honesty the first time I have ever considered rerolling. I love boomkings and the whole play style but blizzard is making it hard for me to want to continue playing the class. Even Zarhym knows things are bad...
    Are you asking if you should start playing a Lock? I'm a bit confused by your post. Just general commiserating? Wrong post? We're talking about whether or not 5.2 Warlocks are going to be viable.

Not really sure.

With recent buffs to unholly dks their deceases i'm betting on them for top damage in 5.2 arenas. I agree with Nadagasts opinion - haunt isn't bad, it was like that forever and didn't handicap spec, but MG impact on dots power simply gimped multidotting too much. Imo affli will work next season becouse rogues and (hopefully) unholy dks will be on rise next season, but in itself affliction now is badly designed spec from pvp standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    I have played this game since BC and have always plate my warlock as my main. I have reached 2600+ in arena and have been 2300+ every season. Except this season I have T2 threw RBGS which in ashamed of but that's a whole different story!

My real concern is how will locks be after 5.2 goes live I still plan on playing my warlock but already started to level a death knight just incase it's as bad as it seems it will be.

I know warlocks get hit with the nerf bat more than ther classes just because everyone hate us but it seems blizzard is really putting it to us in te 5.2 patch without any dmg buffs a little survival buff and removing sac. Blood fear nerf was needed but they made the spell useless now.

This is in all honesty the first time I have ever considered rerolling. I love warlocks and the whole play style but blizzard is making it hard for me to want to continue playing the class. Even Nadagastt knows things are bad...

What do you guys think?
    Welcome to my world, I quit WoW cause of this.For me Warlock will be forever my favorite class and I want to remember it as it was.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:04 AM ----------

Are you asking if you should start playing a Lock? I'm a bit confused by your post. Just general commiserating? Wrong post? We're talking about whether or not 5.2 Warlocks are going to be viable.
    Nothing to worry about, a troll just passed us.

Please don't confuse viable w/ facerolling. A good warlock will always do well. Same goes for most classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Please don't confuse viable w/ facerolling. A good warlock will always do well. Same goes for most classes.
    I understand this that rank 1 players will always be good at the class. I consider myself to be better than most locks on my server. But the problem is that hen only let's say random number 5% of the people who play locks can play them good and make it to high ratings even when the class is down than there is deff a problem with the class. Warlocks in my opinion are one of the harder classes to play I have a warrior and a dk an a Mage. Deff more to be aware of when playing a lock I still plan on playing him after the patch but am deff worried about how viable we will be. Hopefully our OP rogue friends will remember the amazing days of RLS and carry us threw the season!!! ^^

Just keep it cool fellow locks :P i bet at the start there will be cry fest, but as season goes it will get better someone will post some super pro uber skilled gameplay and from now on lock will be consider op

Lol lets hope soo!!! Haha