Poll: Would you rather have Sylvanas or Garrosh die?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh or Sylvanas?

Which one would you rather be the villain of an expansion? Which one would you rather hunt down in a final raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you know my answer.

However, one of the devs have said whoever the next warchief is will deal with Sylvanas and her wicked ways, so either she reforms, or will be replaced (oh boy, I can see it cries of anguish already)

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh makes for a better main expansion villain. Sylvanas taking the role would reek of Wrath, but on a smaller scale.

I'd like to see them both die nonetheless. Garrosh is very uninteresting for a final boss, so my vote atleast goes to Sylvanas. To be honest, I hope Garrosh won't be the final boss of MoP at all. Maybe the 7th sha (when he finally summons it) will kill Garrosh, and then take over Orgrimmar with his sha minions.

I'll be ready to catch all the tears with my mouth when the fans cry about Sylvanas' death :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Garrosh makes for a better main expansion villain. Sylvanas taking the role would reek of Wrath, but on a smaller scale.
    Thats very true. Garrosh is a representation of war, and war is a concept that can show the worst of anyone and so easier to make into an evil for the plot. Sylvanas and her story is very much scourge focused and unless we delve into the scourge storyline again, we don't see her as a main bad guy in anything soon.

Deleted
    I still want some interaction between all the Windrunner sisters before Sylvanas get killed of, if you does get killed of. + We still don't have any real candidates to replace her, unless you count Nathanos which haven't really done much except getting role of hunter trainer since he was a killquest/questgiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well you know my answer.

However, one of the devs have said whoever the next warchief is will deal with Sylvanas and her wicked ways, so either she reforms, or will be replaced (oh boy, I can see it cries of anguish already)
    Hey if they replace her with Lillian Voss I won't complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats very true. Garrosh is a representation of war, and war is a concept that can show the worst of anyone and so easier to make into an evil for the plot. Sylvanas and her story is very much scourge focused and unless we delve into the scourge storyline again, we don't see her as a main bad guy in anything soon.
    That, and the fact remains that she -- at her worst -- is pretty much Arthas lite. Watered down Arthas wouldn't make for a very exciting end boss; we'd just be thinking, "Haven't we seen this before somewhere?"

If she ever dies, I doubt it'd be the main focus of an expansion.

Uh, I want garrosh to die in that situation, but only I want Sylvanas to live, not because I want Garrosh to die.

I'd rather wanna have her as a villain; a glorious one, that survives!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    An Encounter where the actual Boss flees and leaves a Chest didn't get that much appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    No setbacks. And be like a Saturday cartoon villain but actually be villainous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would much rather see Sylvannas die.

It'd make it the fourth time she's done so.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    Hey if they replace her with Lillian Voss I won't complain.
    Isnt she dead? Not undead but dead dead after that necromancer decided to play with her for a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Isnt she dead? Not undead but dead dead after that necromancer decided to play with her for a bit?
    In scholo we defeat her but don't kill her and she goes: leave me here, to die. Does that mean she's dead? I don't think so. She is a very conflicted character who I think would rather be dead then go on as an undead. But can that be changed? Not beyond reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they wanted to her die they would have made her die on the spot. When they leave it ambiguous like that it basically means she's alive. I don't know what they plan to do with her, but I think it's going to be big. She just comes out of nowhere and is that powerful? She's also this weird ass class that resembles a DK/spriest hybrid. It'll take more building, but I have a feeling she MIGHT take over Sylvanas in the future.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-02-17 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh makes a much much much better villain, the guy is the embodiment of chaos (Even among his people) and war.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-17 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    In scholo we defeat her but don't kill her and she goes: leave me here, to die. Does that mean she's dead? I don't think so. She is a very conflicted character who I think would rather be dead then go on as an undead. But can that be changed? Not beyond reason.
    I kind of wish Lillian would get some further development too, she could be a good character, if she just gets her head together.

Deleted
    I don't like the sound of that... o_o

The Dark Lady is my waifu Queen. Long may she reign.

(I'd be so butthurt if they decided to kill Sylvanas off. She's one of the few really interesting characters left, in my opinion. Just look at the polarising effect she has on the fanbase. It'd be a shame to throw that away on a raid encounter.)

I kind of wish Lillian would get some further development too, she could be a good character, if she just gets her head together.
    She like the forsaken in general needs to find a purpose. Something that will push her to keep from falling into a depression or worse. What that is and if we'll even see it anytime soon is a mystery.

Garrosh needs to go, he's turned into a very flat character.