Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Been thinking about this weeks reset, is it possible to cheese the ice spheres the same way you can cheese shadow trap (sitting in the throne)?
    Yes, completely possible.

I've got this fight on farm now, so happy, one shot it again

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Been thinking about this weeks reset, is it possible to cheese the ice spheres the same way you can cheese shadow trap (sitting in the throne)?
    Yes they don't travel up the stairs, but you lose a lot of dps on the boss during the transition. My best advice is to macro Judgement and only use it when you see an Ice Sphere spawn. Another tip is to use TidyPlates and blacklist everything but LK and Ice Spheres, really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I've got this fight on farm now, so happy, one shot it again

Yes they don't travel up the stairs, but you lose a lot of dps on the boss during the transition. My best advice is to macro Judgement and only use it when you see an Ice Sphere spawn. Another tip is to use TidyPlates and blacklist everything but LK and Ice Spheres, really helps.
    My hardest problem isn't dealing with the orbs, its dealing with the sheer amount of damage going out during the secound transition, (mostly defile and everything else) i just wanted to know if the throne was a safe place to be if i need to bail to catch my breath.

Updated the guide today to reflect the more updated strategy, stripped out a lot of stuff that may have only been confusing people. Added an FAQ but it's still a work in progress.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Added some more touches to this, nothing major from the last edit.

Would a mod mind changing the title to 'Protection Gude to Solo H Lich King 25 + FAQ'. I'm hoping to clean up the thread a bit and help avoid the same questions being asked, saves time for everyone.

On that note, the FAQ for now only contains notes to the RP bug and for maintaining an 11/12 lock out for farming. I can't think of anything else besides that which wasn't already covered in the guide, but I'm sure there's something I missed.

Finally, if anyone is truly devoted to farming invincible and wants an easy avenue to do it, I recently began gearing up various alts to help in invincible farming. One of these alts was an 80 paladin which I twinked out, and if you're willing to put the time into gearing it up it's by far the easiest way to farm HM LK. I expected there to be some work needed to actually kill LK, but I got him down on my first sitting without being fully set up. Prices for twink items may vary based on your realm, and I don't know if it'll last once the enchants are made to scale, but for now it's an easy way to double your chances with invincible each week.

Cheers.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

High Overlord
    About twinking - made 85 pala, just was curious how it goes.
    Why 85 not 80.. 5 HoPo container + rly cba to wait for 1 piece of gear on AH. You can gear it up in 415 crafts (haste+something combo), probly easiest way - not only no need to wait for gear, but whole gear+enchants cost is around equal to 1-2 pieces of 409 craps.
    First pull, veni, vidi, vici, ofc no mount. First phase - get as much trash as you can (read dump hopo into healing, put some trash weapon ie heirloom). Later just stand in centre and nuke. Honestly after like 150k vengeance Sacred Shield doesnt matter - seal makes the work. Keep AW+HA for T2 (around 250-270k vengeance), no P3 at all.

It's worth mentioning in the FAQ that the friend who is keeping your save will also be locked out for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenheim View Post
    It's worth mentioning in the FAQ that the friend who is keeping your save will also be locked out for the week.
    Why? Isn't it implied that if someone takes your lockout they themselves will also be locked out of whatever you cleared?

Amazing Signature by Mythriz

Lemme rephrase it

I helped a friend by extending his lockout, he logged his alt with the lockout and he entered ICC first on 25 normal and after I entered ICC and accepted the lockout. He logged off his alt and logged his main where he did the same and took the lockout, I exit ICC and after he converted it to 25HC. When he killed LK I whas still in his party and although the UI doesn't tell me I whas saved, I whas.

It might be because I whas in his party when he killed it (although I whas in Pandaria doing archeology).

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    I have been, it won't let me switch ICC in general to 25man from 10? And LK is still up.
    Your lockout probably has at least one heroic kill in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenheim View Post
    Lemme rephrase it

I helped a friend by extending his lockout, he logged his alt with the lockout and he entered ICC first on 25 normal and after I entered ICC and accepted the lockout. He logged off his alt and logged his main where he did the same and took the lockout, I exit ICC and after he converted it to 25HC. When he killed LK I whas still in his party and although the UI doesn't tell me I whas saved, I whas.

It might be because I whas in his party when he killed it (although I whas in Pandaria doing archeology).
    I can't remember whether just being in the party gets you locked or if you have to be present when combat starts, thought it was the latter. Then again I remember constant hassles with the ICC locks back in Wrath lol. Stupid things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

About twinking - made 85 pala, just was curious how it goes.
    Why 85 not 80.. 5 HoPo container + rly cba to wait for 1 piece of gear on AH. You can gear it up in 415 crafts (haste+something combo), probly easiest way - not only no need to wait for gear, but whole gear+enchants cost is around equal to 1-2 pieces of 409 craps.
    First pull, veni, vidi, vici, ofc no mount. First phase - get as much trash as you can (read dump hopo into healing, put some trash weapon ie heirloom). Later just stand in centre and nuke. Honestly after like 150k vengeance Sacred Shield doesnt matter - seal makes the work. Keep AW+HA for T2 (around 250-270k vengeance), no P3 at all.
    so 25 hc is realy doable as a lvl 85 twink? I have ~lvl425 geared twink as well, but I thought, its not possible dpswise.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze View Post
    so 25 hc is realy doable as a lvl 85 twink? I have ~lvl425 geared twink as well, but I thought, its not possible dpswise.
    I'd say it's somewhere at faceroll level . As said above, just nuke him in T2 - I assumed that moving out of frostmourne with 0 vengeance and facing couple horrors+LK+rspirits will be a wipe.

How I'm exactly doing it..
    - eat vendor haste food
    - keep haste elixir (rapid is its name I think) in bag
    - BoM
    - Put some trash weapon and be sure your shield is on high durability (wiped twice coz my shield broke, using heirloom one in P1 now)
    - P1: SoI, keep SS, dump HP into healing (you will need it anyway). Attack just as much to stay alive (I usualy end P1 with around 150-160k vengeance). More vengeance you have, more heal from SoI, more absorbs, easier to stay alive
    - P1-T1 run: sometimes a cooldown is needed, horrors scratch on back rly hard when enraged. Drink your haste elixir. Equip normal weapon (enchanted) and shield
    - T1,P2: Stand in centre, SS as you wish. Keep HA+AW for T2. SS is optional. Around 200-220k vengeance
    - T2: Perfect timing would be defile cast on like 42-40% LK's hp. AW when you wont be silenced, HA. Nuke. Usually takes me around 40secs to nuke him from 40% to ~9% (he will cast fury also in transition)

+6mins of killing the boss after roleplay
    Last edited by Michalus; 2013-08-08 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo, caught it when linking own post ;p

Don't forget that you won't be able to do it in 5.4 on low-level toon anymore, since vengeance will be capped at 50% hp in 25H.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 12/14H.

I don't think I would have ever even tried to do this if I didn't see this thread. So thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Don't forget that you won't be able to do it in 5.4 on low-level toon anymore, since vengeance will be capped at 50% hp in 25H.
    You won't reach that cap at level 85, or if you do it will impact you very minimally. Also I'm not really sure how that cap will be applied to old (pre-MOP) raids or if it will even take place at all, it still hasn't hit the patch notes.

tried something just for lulz this week. stood "afk" having phase one for 9 min, rest of the fight took 2½ min after that and 0 frostmourne:P was fun as hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Didn't know YouTube video links had viruses in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Depends if you consider AMVs a virus.

I've been trying to make it easier on myself since the enrage really scares me...

I don't do any consecrate until transition 2, where I pop all cds and consecrate all the ghouls down.

Until then, my GC procs are crazy, and LK usually dies 1-2 min before enrage.
    EDIT: my ilvl is 515 btw with a 503 weap.
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2013-07-11 at 06:27 PM.
    wuz i rly hear m8?

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    tried something just for lulz this week. stood "afk" having phase one for 9 min, rest of the fight took 2½ min after that and 0 frostmourne:P was fun as hell!
    Sad thing is, that takes the rng out of "omg did i kill all the ghouls", perhaps making a method like this easier for a first timer or anyone (such as myself) who doesn't want to bother with having to kill ghouls.

Amazing Signature by Mythriz

Spent a few hours trying to do this yesterday and the closest I got was a few % off a kill then enrage happened. Currently at 524ilvl in prot. Not sure what I'm doing wrong really, I tried killing off some raging spirits for less silencing which helps a bit but enrage catches up on me. Sometimes the horrors 2 shot me as soon as I get out of Frostmourne but I guess thats RNG.

Ahh well, will try more later on or something.

Edit: Tried again for another few hours, still haven't got anywhere. Tried the tactic Kittycovox said above and was off 0.5% a kill before getting ported into Frostmourne and yeah, insta death . Never got that close again in the rest of the attempts damnit.
    Last edited by Korscheltellus; 2013-07-11 at 10:35 PM.

Only reason I killed him was when he berserked I got enough vengeance to get a 1.3m avengers shield crit