Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still happened to me yesterday, never been a problem though. Just release, run in and kill all the adds and then go on LK (don't bring him down to low, kill him after Tirion starts autoattacking as sometimes LK resets and Tirion might get the only killing blow and steal your kill.. outside of the placing statue thing)

Gratz with mount

What I actually do now besides spawning adds on the edge (so they run there on RP) to speed up the kill by ~2minutes: I pop all CDs to survive Fury, beat LK down to 0.5% and then happily die. Adds run out, RP continues, I get ressed and finish LK with couple of hits. My average kill time went from 17.5-18 minutes (that's including RP and finishing Horrors off) to 14-15minutes (depending on whether I get 3rd Frostmourne phase or not).
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

I can't survive in the last phase of transition(with quikbunny strat)..iam constantly silenced. Any tips?
    Last edited by keyblade9891; 2013-07-25 at 11:06 AM.

Finally bothered to do this last night, did it 2nd try, a lot easier than I expected. However, no mount.

I know it depends on gear, but what % do people generally start AoEing the ghouls down (25H)? I either kill them off too quickly and die during the phase change, or don't even come close to killing them, and subsequently die in the Frostmourne phase. I mean, I REALLY wish they'd fix that bug, it's making this ridiculously frustrating (considering if you've gotten that far, you've probably got both the gear and skill the finish it and most certainly are capable of running through the FM room phase without dying), but until they fix that/if they ever fix that, what % should I be looking to start AoEing?

I did try the extend-P1 strat, but I figured that at 494 ilevel, I wouldn't have the gear to be able to take out 31M health during the transition, even with the massive amounts of vengeance and pulling 300K+ DPS. I'll give it a few more shots, but I just don't think I can pull it off. Surviving the first phase is easy enough, but I don't trust myself to be able to beat the rest of his health down in what is supposedly a 5-6 minute window. I imagine if I was in 525 or so, it wouldn't be that difficult to do, but I'm just not sure about it. So, I really need some sort of idea on when the ghouls need to start being killed off. It's a real fine balance between keeping them alive long enough for chained and constant GC procs, and killing them off to avoid the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by keyblade9891 View Post
    I can't survive in the last phase of transition(with quikbunny strat)..iam constantly silenced. Any tips?
    Kill off the raging spirits. Sure, they give extra vengeance, but the silence is an absolute killer. Try this macro;
    Code:
    /tar The Lich King
    /tar Raging Spirit
    /tar Ice Sphere
    That basically reverse-prioritizes the nuke order. If there's no Ice Sphere's alive, it'll target a Raging Spirit. If there's no Raging Spirits OR Ice Sphere's alive, it'll target the Lich King. Hit the macro when you see the orb drop, use AS/Judgement. Once it's dead, hit the macro again and start nuking the Raging Spirit. If there's none of those alive, beat the living daylights out of the Lich King (again, using the macro to target him).

I was having similar trouble since upping it to 25h this week from 10h last week, and I've now resorted to killing the Raging Spirits off, just so I know I can get a WoG off when I need it. I've not yet solo'd 25H, so I figure that it's probably better to play it safe. Sure, ShoR is ~40% reduction and almost spammable thanks to GC procs, but I figure that if I get in trouble, I'm gonna need to get a WoG off.

Killing off the spirits does take a lot of time. It'll extend the fight, but it's probably the biggest difference between a wipe and a kill.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

High Overlord
    I know it depends on gear, but what % do people generally start AoEing the ghouls down (25H)? I either kill them off too quickly and die during the phase change, or don't even come close to killing them, and subsequently die in the Frostmourne phase. I mean, I REALLY wish they'd fix that bug, it's making this ridiculously frustrating (considering if you've gotten that far, you've probably got both the gear and skill the finish it and most certainly are capable of running through the FM room phase without dying), but until they fix that/if they ever fix that, what % should I be looking to start AoEing?
    About %'s, it's not rly something like "start aoe at 45%, it will be ok for sure". I usually started it around 45 and continued it for whole T2, and it was ok. But can't guarantee it will be in your case . Be sure to make P1 as short as possible if you want to get rid of adds. With this strategy I was able to get like 130k vengeance during P2 and just like 50-70k during P3. That makes difference a lot.
    "The Bug".. well. I prefer to see fight as it is, rather than seeing something they made with Kalecgos in SWP. Yuck. They should remove ghouls going further into that way of "making things available for everyone". Imo first 2 phases require same skill as normal, if any. P3 itself.. it was always ment to be worst, wasn't it? What skill require moving away from giant black circle that will explode after 3secs. What skill is needed to see that valkyr you're attacking is below 55%? Third phase - frostmorune, ghosts, bombs, defile, spirits (pala soakers ftw!) oh and 30M on lich king in the meanwhile

First time I did it with "~10mins P1 strategy" was around 510ilvl. Keep in mind that you won't need expertise with 70% overal damage of avenger shield. Just softcaps, haste makes waste. It's around 480-500k dps needed to kill it before frostmourne. Makes easier when shamblers start to berserk (6mins after they are summoned, they get enrage for good). Currently im around 520ish in protspec and tbh.. I'm using fast shitty weapon (dalaran sword, 1.8speed lol, srsly) for fast SoI ticks there, and force part of adds to attack my back during P2-T2, for more vengeance (few steps back, few steps forward quickly). Nothing rly happens. 2 nobrain macros that are helpful:
    Code:
    /tar Ice
    /cast Avenger's Shield
    /tar The

/tar Ice
    /cast Judgment
    /tar The
    And just spam

About killing raging spirits.. I would suggest to keep them alive, or kill lets say max 1-2 total (probably just to "feel safe", it will have no big impact on the game anyway). For sure you shouldn't do it in P3, it's guaranteed berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Code:
    /tar Ice
    /cast Avenger's Shield
    /tar The

/tar Ice
    /cast Judgment
    /tar The
    And just spam

About killing raging spirits.. I would suggest to keep them alive, or kill lets say max 1-2 total (probably just to "feel safe", it will have no big impact on the game anyway). For sure you shouldn't do it in P3, it's guaranteed berserk.
    Thanks for that. I actually figured out during an attempt not long after my last post that having macros the same as those would be the easiest. I did use both the AS and J macros, but realized that only the AS one was needed.

I originally tried extending it to 7 minutes on P1, only to reach 25% on the LK before Frostmourne. I then started extending it a little more. In the end, I had to extend it to almost 10 minutes to be able to beat him, and even then it was extremely close. All I was spamming through the entire phase was the Avenger's Shield Ice macro and ShoR/SotR. I saw AS hitting the ice orbs, but the switch was so quick that it didn't even look like I'd changed target from the Lich King. The important thing is that GC proccing almost instantly resets the GCD on AS, but this didn't happen if GCD was happening from Judgement. So, basically, it's a 2-button transition, with 1 of those buttons not being on the GCD. Using judgement would have compromised my chance at the kill.

Even pulling 450K DPS, I beat him over the 10% mark with literally 2 seconds to spare before he would have ported me into Frostmourne. Also, I think that the WoG glyph helped me just enough to warrant using it over anything else.

I know where I'd been going wrong before - I was moving too much, concerned that the mobs were walking behind me. This meant I was sometimes moving out of melee range of the LK, purely because the number of mobs, the health plates, and the ground effects meant he got lost in the crowd. A few attempts before the kill, I realized that this wasn't a problem, since it was extra vengeance, and there were still enough mobs in front to keep GC constantly procced. On the kill, I just stood still and nuked.

Loot: Heroic Glorenzelg (the 1 item I truly wanted out of this - the mount is so low on drop rate that I'm not holding out for it, and it's also not a mount that particularly looks that good, despite the prestige attached to it), and Heroic Royal Scepter. There's really no items for transmog on the LK that stand out besides Glorenzelg, so it was nice to get that for my ret set.

So, it's possible at 494, but I'd say that the zerg tactic is the only real way to manage it, and you need to extend the first phase for much longer than someone in 510+. If you do that though, the next 60% health goes pretty quickly, and the 40-10% part is very intense but perfectly manageable. The entire fight, even extending the first phase to 9:30, still only took 11:30 minutes total. I'd also say that the haste build is pretty mandatory to be able to pull off the kill at this gear level. Mastery falls far behind since damage reduction isn't a problem, but beating him down through the transition certainly is. I'm sat on approx. 20.6% with the 200 haste food buff. As you say, expertise isn't a big deal for this, and I'd hazard that 7.5% is enough, but only so that you can build the necessary HP in P1 to survive at the start (until you get enough adds for GC to proc regularly). After that, it's not even a consideration.

Trinket Choices: Brutal Talisman 530 2/2, Darkmist Vortex LFR 483 0/2. I did try with 1/2 LFR Lei Shen's FO, but found more value in the haste proc and static strength as opposed to the opposite.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

I wish you could skip the healing boss, otherwise i'd be trying this on my warlock
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I wish you could skip the healing boss, otherwise i'd be trying this on my warlock
    go go friends?

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Keep in mind that unless you want to bother and clear it every week again and again, you will have to keep lockout for extension on another toon anyway

High Overlord
    If anyone plan to farm it on 85s and would be interested in gear - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...powah/advanced - this is probably most shitty gear that will allow to kill it (in game it's shown 374, probably coz of heirloom trinkets /yes, got no trinket for whole 80-85 leveling time). Was in rush to level this up and kill it before reset, and no 85 gear on AH /facepalm
    Got 2 wipes before understood that while fight goes further, shamblers go berserk and I'm already at my 260k vengeance cap. Rest goes just as usual (BoM, food+100has, elixir+750has, mogu power for parry in T2).

You really don't need to push him to 10% before the end of the 2nd transition. Sure it makes the fight shorter, but the past 2 weeks that I killed him I was absorbed and did not die. Once you are inside the adds stop hitting you and you just need to pop CDs when you come out to survive until your vengeance builds back up. I think this week I will go with a shorter P1 (maybe 5-6 minutes) and see how long P3 lasts.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    You really don't need to push him to 10% before the end of the 2nd transition. Sure it makes the fight shorter, but the past 2 weeks that I killed him I was absorbed and did not die. Once you are inside the adds stop hitting you and you just need to pop CDs when you come out to survive until your vengeance builds back up. I think this week I will go with a shorter P1 (maybe 5-6 minutes) and see how long P3 lasts.
    Ghouls. Not sure if they still bug frostmourne, but as it was already done in "proper" way (some kind of challenge to face every boss mechanic that is available for solo encounter, at least for me), now prefer to just burn it down.

Ghouls. Not sure if they still bug frostmourne, but as it was already done in "proper" way (some kind of challenge to face every boss mechanic that is available for solo encounter, at least for me), now prefer to just burn it down.
    They still do, happened to me when I failed the check last week on my 80.

Edit: It is possible to survive it, I'm still not completely certain on it's cause but I'm confident it's to do with taking ticks of the AoE debuff, and it has some interaction with SS. Since on most of my recorded footage down there the death occurs when I reapply SS. As I said, far from certain and I'd suggest still sticking to clearing them or skipping. But there is a way to prevent it.
    Last edited by Choice; 2013-07-31 at 12:28 AM.

Is it worth it to twink a 80 Paladin for this? I've been debating it but don't want to if it'll get nerfed soon

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    Is it worth it to twink a 80 Paladin for this? I've been debating it but don't want to if it'll get nerfed soon
    Depends.
    - 85 will still have a chance to kill it after vengeance cut to 50%hp, 80s.. I'm almost sure they won't (I'm keeping 1% for some random guy who will get 50% haste and ton of crit and kill it with, dunno, 70k vengeance? - not sure how much hp have 80 twink)
    - cost of 85 gear allowing you to kill it starts from like 1k gold (check link above) compared to couple thousands per part for lvl80 (not a problem for me tbh, but point 3)
    - imo its way easier to kill it as 85, and leveling 80-85 takes me usualy around 3-4 hrs (quests & dungeons till 84, 84-85 solo grim batol from entrance till first boss, takes 40-60mins to ding 85 - up to 38k xp for mob (depends on mob), ~140k per boss).
    Last edited by Michalus; 2013-07-31 at 01:33 AM.

Depends.
    - 85 will still have a chance to kill it after vengeance cut to 50%hp, 80s.. I'm almost sure they won't (I'm keeping 1% for some random guy who will get 50% haste and ton of crit and kill it with, dunno, 70k vengeance? - not sure how much hp have 80 twink)
    - cost of 85 gear allowing you to kill it starts from like 1k gold (check link above) compared to couple thousands per part for lvl80 (not a problem for me tbh, but point 3)
    - imo its way easier to kill it as 85, and leveling 80-85 takes me usualy around 3-4 hrs (quests & dungeons till 84, 84-85 solo grim batol from entrance till first boss, takes 40-60mins to ding 85 - up to 38k xp for mob (depends on mob), ~140k per boss).
    Okay then I guess I'll be leveling up to 85

Gameplay wise there's no challenge as a level 80. But I'd agree that its a huge hassle to prep an 80 character verses an 85. If I could do it again I'd have made it an 85. I have faith that with the GC change that an 80 toon might still be viable, but I'm not holding my breath.

Are we aware that vengeance cuts will also be put into old raids, and not just the new ones? Obviously it won't impact 85-90 much unless I guess you do the endurance ghoul strat, since I know on my 90 I typically top out at 100-120k.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Are we aware that vengeance cuts will also be put into old raids, and not just the new ones?
    /who knows - 0 players total.
    They can do it as a general rule like v=MIN(vengeance, 25%/50% hp), or make some funny hidden instance/boss-specific script. First option is faster. Second allows for some corrections if needed on certain bosses. Dunno.
    At my best geared twink I have capped vengeance while T2 on 380k. Idd, blizzard's aim is to balance the game for high-end content, but things like that are ridiculous.