Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bisket View Post
    Hey guys I just have a few questions about soloing it at level 85 as a prot pally (425 ILVL):
    First off, does anyone have a macro that will automatically target ice spheres first, then the lich king if there are no ice spheres alive? I thought i saw one but i cant seem to find it now.
    How long should i keep the adds alive from P1? like should i kill them at the end of P2?
    actually thats all the questions i have, but any other tips for soloing it at 85 would be appreciated!
    im using 2 macros and makes it so easy i can almost afk during trans

/tar Ice Sphere
    /cast Judgment

after ive hit that a 1-3 times really quick i use

/tar The Lich King
    /cast Crusader strike

aka. judgement is only for sphere during transition, so i see sphere. klick the judge one, then CS one (the last one you can use throughout the entire fight, just move that macro to where you normally have CS

High Overlord
    Hey guys I just have a few questions about soloing it at level 85 as a prot pally (425 ILVL):
    First off, does anyone have a macro that will automatically target ice spheres first, then the lich king if there are no ice spheres alive? I thought i saw one but i cant seem to find it now.
    How long should i keep the adds alive from P1? like should i kill them at the end of P2?
    actually thats all the questions i have, but any other tips for soloing it at 85 would be appreciated!
    Lazy ppl. As I posted on page #12 (1 page back from your post):
    Code:
    /tar Ice
    /cast Avenger's Shield
    /tar The

/tar Ice
    /cast Judgment
    /tar The
    You can use both or just AS one. Tbh with couple dozens of adds, AS will be shining all way long after P1 end.
    Soloing it at 85 is easiest with zerg-tactic. Depending on your gear, make P1 longer for vengeance (but be careful, if you will reach vengeance cap and shamblers will keep berserking, it's sometimes a wipe when youll get a parry from LK). You keep adds from P1 till you'll be killed by Fury of Frostmourne. Tanking P1 should take place on stairs to throne or on top of the throne, to avoid bugging roleplay and need to kill all adds before Tirion will call the Light for help.
    More tips in my post from page #10: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21720282

Most important tip: Be sure your shield have at least 50/100 durability, to be safe just repair yourself after entering the instance - yesterday wiped because my shield got broken halfway T2.
    Last edited by Michalus; 2013-08-08 at 04:22 PM.

Hey michalus, do you have any screenshots/videos showing where on the stairs to stand so it won't bug? I tried taking it up to the top once, but still got shot in the air from the shadow traps. I'd very much like to avoid the fight bugging out, as the last two weeks I've gone back in a killed the adds, but have to nuke lich king down from 40% or so (for some reason he starts healing after I release and run back).

edit: The last two weeks I've been using a strat someone mentioned earlier in the thread where you kite them around the outside of the ring. When I did that they wouldn't reengage when I released and ran back, but the roleplay would still bug.

Quote Originally Posted by babykdog View Post
    Hey michalus, do you have any screenshots/videos showing where on the stairs to stand so it won't bug? I tried taking it up to the top once, but still got shot in the air from the shadow traps. I'd very much like to avoid the fight bugging out, as the last two weeks I've gone back in a killed the adds, but have to nuke lich king down from 40% or so (for some reason he starts healing after I release and run back).

edit: The last two weeks I've been using a strat someone mentioned earlier in the thread where you kite them around the outside of the ring. When I did that they wouldn't reengage when I released and ran back, but the roleplay would still bug.

bottom of the stairs, like a inch before first step comes.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Best advice I can give for this fight, that makes it incredibly easy for me. Might not be the most ideal way of doing things, but it works :P

Do not AOE at all during this, just pure single target on the boss and Judgement on the Ice Spheres. Try to keep SS or EF on you, but tbh when you're spamming SoTR the damage feels minimal.

Phase 1: Prolong this for 8-9 mins, let as many adds spawn as possible.
    Phase 1-2 Transition: Move to the middle. Pure DPS on LK, and macro Judgement to target Ice Spheres. I have AS and SoTR macro'd so they automatically target The Lich King just to be safe. Do NOT use DPS cooldowns here, you need them later.
    Phase 2: Stay in the middle, this phase should be very short if you continue to AS + SoTR spam LK.
    Phase 2-3 Transition: Pop Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger, go all out on LK (continue to attack Spheres with Judgement). He should be dead before Phase 3 starts.

When you hit 10% and get instadeath the adds will still be up which causes the fight to bug, wait for the RP to finish then just release and run back in, go up to the throne and kill the adds THEN kill LK, because afaik you still have to wait for that Paladin guy to break out of the ice otherwise the loot can bug.

I use the Haste elixir and 200 Haste food buff, around 28% haste buffed I think, and a Runescroll of Fortitude. I've only got 510ilvl and have one shot this fight 3 times now using that strat.
    This is ace advice.
    I would like to add one more thing to it. As you get him to 10% use Bubble + Goak + AD + DP. Even tho Fury of Frostmourne hits throught immunity being bubble allows you cast spell since you'r most of the time silenced from Raging Spirits.
    You'll survive the hit and you can keep nuking adds with nice vengance and massive AS spamm. Kill Horrors first then switch to Gohuls.

I kiled LK today first time with my pala 506ilvl with zerg tact very easy,thanks for help.=)

This is exactly where I tank it every week, I never get shot into the air from shadow traps and all of the adds spawn at the top of the throne so you don't have to deal with them during the RP:

Also went on the PTR specifically to do tiny bit of testing with it, you can safely get him to 1hp and won't bug anything out (he won't die until the RP is over and then gets killed by Tirion/Terenas the moment they engage), and you can also skip out on dying without bugging anything out (not really much of an option with the P1 soaking strat but in the future when it isn't necessary it will be nice to know).
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

Just hit 85 and got a bunch of peices off the AH, Do I have to do the zerg strat or do you think I'll be able to go normally through the phases? here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ornahof/simple

High Overlord
    Enchants!.
    "Normally" includes killing 50 ghouls from P1, which will reduce your vengeance. It also includes leaving the frostmourne into bunch of spirits + berserked shamblers + LK. That will hurt.
    Not 100% sure how 80s are doing it nowadays (I mean if 80 can survive leaving the frostmourne with no vengeance into bunch of adds, 85 should survive that too), but as it's possible to safely zerg it on 85, it's probably the best way to do it.
    1 or 2 pages back I've posted armory of my shittiest-geared twink (imba name take from my shaman that was deleted to make space for that ;D) that has done it. Currently without trinkets - sent them to another lowlevel - but also managed to kill that.
    Last edited by Michalus; 2013-08-12 at 04:57 PM.

That last transtion is brutal my best attempt was 15% when I just dropped health before I could react

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Enchants!.
    "Normally" includes killing 50 ghouls from P1, which will reduce your vengeance. It also includes leaving the frostmourne into bunch of spirits + berserked shamblers + LK. That will hurt.
    Not 100% sure how 80s are doing it nowadays (I mean if 80 can survive leaving the frostmourne with no vengeance into bunch of adds, 85 should survive that too), but as it's possible to safely zerg it on 85, it's probably the best way to do it.
    1 or 2 pages back I've posted armory of my shittiest-geared twink (imba name take from my shaman that was deleted to make space for that ;D) that has done it. Currently without trinkets - sent them to another lowlevel - but also managed to kill that.
    80s still can zerg it just fine, but with the upcoming vengeance changes it will be come significantly harder, if not impossible, for an 80 to solo.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    That last transtion is brutal my best attempt was 15% when I just dropped health before I could react
    Keep cooldowns for T2 (you can use DP in T1, but not much more). Dont cap your vengeance before T2. You should have +haste food and elixir up in T2.
    At 85 you can treat mogu power as parry potion. Wait for time without silence for wings + holy avenger. You can use DP in same time, it's last call for it anyway. Keep LK in your range and pray for no parries - SoI can heal for 150k+, tbh it's main source of heal in T2. Chain your cooldowns if needed/possible and nuke.
    Few wipes will do, gl

Hey im having an issue with transferring raid locks to my main character. This week i cleared 11/12 on my DK in 10 man normal. I invited my 85 paladin to the group and switched it to 25 heroic, and proceeded to enter. Any time i enter it i dont get the save warning and its a fresh instance. If i enter it on 25 normal it gives me the clear but wont let me change it to heroic. Any help is appreciated. I keep getting the too many instances because of this issue too so its getting pretty freakin annoying

Hey im having an issue with transferring raid locks to my main character. This week i cleared 11/12 on my DK in 10 man normal. I invited my 85 paladin to the group and switched it to 25 heroic, and proceeded to enter. Any time i enter it i dont get the save warning and its a fresh instance. If i enter it on 25 normal it gives me the clear but wont let me change it to heroic. Any help is appreciated. I keep getting the too many instances because of this issue too so its getting pretty freakin annoying
    Mate u need to kill 10/12 boses on normal 10man then u need to log your alt and inv main in group,u will have sindragosa alive kill that bos and u will have save,switch to 25man when u outside then put hc when u inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    It is pretty difficult to manage at first, I definitely agree on that. However, I've got a short video guide rendering right now (1440p so great quality even when it get's downscaled to 1080 on YouTube, tactics are quite literally 3-4 key points listed on the screen), and I figure that it'll give people some visual idea of how the fight goes down. I'd actually say that once you get it down, it becomes super easy to manage, moreso than most other content I've ever solo'd (and I'm the sort of person who did ZG Tiger boss back in 2009 as Protection - i.e. before we had reliable interrupts, admittedly the most difficult solo I've ever done as a Paladin).

I did speed up P1 in the video, and brought it from over 10 minutes into around 1 minute, but I left in part of that phase at normal speed so I could show how I manage shadow traps and mobs (so as not to bug the fight out). The rest of the footage is running at around 1.15x normal speed (purely to sync it with the audio track I've got lined up). Sure, you can tank on the steps, but I figure some people might be more interested in a more traditional method that involves 'no risk'.

Also, thanks to the footage, I should be able to do the calculations for 5.4 later tonight or sometime tomorrow. I can confirm that ALL mobs, even those that are grey, give vengeance appropriate for their damage. This means that the ghouls are still worth keeping for that alone. However, whether it'll be the case in 5.4 is something I'll only be able to say once the calculations are done. They're obviously still worth it for GC procs, but for vengeance, I'm not sure.

I'll be watching through the video, and making a note of exactly how many mobs are fighting me throughout the fight, taking 15-30 second snapshots of vengeance, DTPS and DPS from the 70-10% phases (since those run at relatively normal speed), and trying to graph it. It might only be a few weeks to 5.4, but I really want to try and figure out whether it'll be possible in my current gear (or even in the 535's I'll have access to).
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | Node.js Monkey | Supporter of error 418 (I'm a teapot)
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL, Python, JS + jQuery, HTML + CSS, Ruby, Node.js (+ Express & Socket.io)

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

in regards to the group kills, by "all players have threat on at least one raging spirit each", do you mean everyone is tanking a spirit themselves? i have been tanking them all and just having people gain threat but they keep getting picked up. it just hit me that they might need to each actually tank them...would like some confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Synfiction View Post
    in regards to the group kills, by "all players have threat on at least one raging spirit each", do you mean everyone is tanking a spirit themselves? i have been tanking them all and just having people gain threat but they keep getting picked up. it just hit me that they might need to each actually tank them...would like some confirmation
    Yes, everyone who you don't want picked up needs to be tanking something, generally a spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Finally managed to get the video rendered and uploaded (took 5-6 attempts to get it right - been a long time since I rendered anything). It covers the zerg method tactics, and the macro is in the description but for convenience;
    Code:
    #showtooltip Avenger's Shield
    /tar Ice Sphere
    /cast Shield of the Righteous
    /cast Avenger's Shield
    /tar The Lich King
    The steps there cover the basic routine of the fight.

Watch it in 'Original' for the best quality.

I've also got some solid unmitigated damage numbers now. These are approximate based on the video evidence and some calculation (total peak vengeance - boss granted vengeance / number of adds), but are very close to what I'd expect;

Boss Damage : 1100000 (1.1M).
    Add Damage : 110000 (110K).
    Number of adds: 70.
    Vengeance Peak: ~162000 (162K).

Add Damage is the average between both the ghouls and the shambling horrors. Obviously, as a tank most of that is mitigated or avoided completely, and at 90, it obviously translates into very low actual damage.

The number of adds, I manually counted in the normal speed footage, and there were a total of 70 (so 71 mobs including the boss). The peak vengeance, as stated above, was around 162K. Since that's 1.8% of unmitigated damage, total incoming damage was around 8838000 (8.84M).

As of 5.4, this amount of damage would translate into 132570 vengeance (1.8% -> 1.5%).

Thanks to these values, the graph looks like this;

Blue: < 5.4/Current
    Green: > 5.4

The < 5.4 value is a little off, so it's safe to assume the > 5.4 is a little off too, but either way, there's still a ~120K difference. Remember though, the < 5.4 values include vengeance from the AoE's (Remorseless Winter and Defile), whereas the 5.4 values won't include these.

In short - We're still screwed, and my earlier predicted numbers validated this. The GC change might be nice, but it won't do a thing to account for such monumental loss of vengeance. I'm more concerned now than I was before since the numbers are even worse than my earlier predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Also went on the PTR specifically to do tiny bit of testing with it, you can safely get him to 1hp and won't bug anything out (he won't die until the RP is over and then gets killed by Tirion/Terenas the moment they engage), and you can also skip out on dying without bugging anything out (not really much of an option with the P1 soaking strat but in the future when it isn't necessary it will be nice to know).
    Did you do it on Heroic? What tactic did you use? What gear level?
    I'd get on there myself to try it out, but it's a large-ish download (even though it can be streamed, I'd rather not), and I'm not sure I've got the time to get setup for it and actually run through it again over there.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | Node.js Monkey | Supporter of error 418 (I'm a teapot)
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL, Python, JS + jQuery, HTML + CSS, Ruby, Node.js (+ Express & Socket.io)

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    In short - We're still screwed
    Maybe, in short future, it's next boss to be soloed by taking him through berserk

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Maybe, in short future, it's next boss to be soloed by taking him through berserk
    Not really, I don't predict he'll become unsoloable (also given better gear/stats) unless you're trying to do it via Zerg Strat.