Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Alright, finally managed to find the time to get into ICC, easy solo'd as 506iLvl, BIG PROPS to @Synthaxx for all the help! <3

It went down on the 2nd try tho, because on the first boss was ~15% with 10sec left on transition, but tunneling much didn't noticed the ice thingie... :/

Fully reforged/gemmed/consumables for Haste, sitting at ~24% haste, 711k hp.

No mount tho :/

Grats!

I will be curious to see how well you and others do after 5.4 is released in a couple weeks.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Killed it in a little under 13 minutes on PTR on my first attempt.

Things that have been changed:
    - Infest no longer grants vengeance
    Wait, what? Infest no longer grants Vengeance? It isn't considered "fire," though, right? What about Necrotic Plague?

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Wait, what? Infest no longer grants Vengeance? It isn't considered "fire," though, right? What about Necrotic Plague?
    There shouldn't be necrotic plague if you're soloing it

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    There shouldn't be necrotic plague if you're soloing it
    I was thinking of soloing it as a DK, though that's obviously off-topic. Even as a paladin I imagine there are ways to get Necrotic Plague (engineering dummy?)

After soloing this fight I can say its a nice proving ground before 5.4. Too bad mount didn't drop. Better luck next week. Time to try Yogg.

Great guide!
    Last edited by lnn0; 2013-09-03 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I was thinking of soloing it as a DK, though that's obviously off-topic. Even as a paladin I imagine there are ways to get Necrotic Plague (engineering dummy?)
    Back in my early early LK kills, 10 man or some such I don't even remember, I used JC healing statues and bubbled myself to drop threat so plague was cast on me.

How easily should I be soloing this?

Edit: Hyperlink was far too subtle (I); http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twink/advanced ~
    Edit: Yeah, nfi how this guy does it. I can make it to phase 2 by popping defensive/offensive(HA) CDs to ensure I can pull off superman WoGs when I randomly spike low, but those random spikes in conjunction with phase 2 damage is ridiculous and ends up killing me. Basically if SS falls for even 0.1 seconds, I get 100-20'd (with a bit of luck on the mobs part, I'd be getting globalled). Going to try a ~ 93% CTC set, but I'm pretty sure the issue will persist.

Update: Okay 37% with CTC set. Going to get some rest and try doing this while I haven't been awake for 50+ hrs. I'll record/upload for the other 85's in this thread who have expressed their interest/are having trouble.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-09-10 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Please refrain from excessive use of font tags.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by xCev View Post

Edit: Hyperlink was far too subtle (I); http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twink/advanced ~
    Edit: Yeah, nfi how this guy does it. I can make it to phase 2 by popping defensive/offensive(HA) CDs to ensure I can pull off superman WoGs when I randomly spike low, but those random spikes in conjunction with phase 2 damage is ridiculous and ends up killing me. Basically if SS falls for even 0.1 seconds, I get 100-20'd (with a bit of luck on the mobs part, I'd be getting globalled). Going to try a ~ 93% CTC set, but I'm pretty sure the issue will persist.

Update: Okay 37% with CTC set. Going to get some rest and try doing this while I haven't been awake for 50+ hrs. I'll record/upload for the other 85's in this thread who have expressed their interest/are having trouble.

Sadly, in 3 days it'll become impossible
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-09-10 at 06:17 PM.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by xCev View Post

Most important of all, imo your reforges are wrong. Never reforge haste away, especially for some funny avoidance stats. Mastery scales better. For all (~90) runs I have made (90paladin, 90DK, 7x 85paladin - worst/best geared: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...palek/advanced , http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uinbg/advanced) most important thing is balancing expertise with haste. Imo softcap is enough. AS, which is over 60% of dmg, won't miss, and you won't waste too much rating. Usually getting 2-3 parries in a row in T2 ends up with a wipe - no SoI ticks. Keep cds for T2.

Sadly, in 3 days it'll become impossible
    Was sure about that ages ago . I have few ideas for this after 5.4, but gonna wait till patch. And, even if.. 85-90 in 1-2 days, new lfr/flex drops decent ilvl gear. It will be ok ;P
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-09-10 at 06:17 PM.

Eventually at 560 gear you could probably just faceroll it with Ret + Drums of Rage. Until then... well, just be good at DPS, have gear, and whatnot. I'll probably continue trying it my current method and see if I can make the 15 minutes, if not maybe plan to tank him through berserk

Guys, I keep getting LK to 20%~ ish percent until he ports me into Frostmourne and I have to run away or something but I always get instagibbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Guys, I keep getting LK to 20%~ ish percent until he ports me into Frostmourne and I have to run away or something but I always get instagibbed.
    You have ghouls alive, they cause you to instantly die in p3. You need to kill them prior.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    You have ghouls alive, they cause you to instantly die in p3. You need to kill them prior.
    When I am INSIDE Frostmourne I get gibbed, not outside. I can run around for a little bit maybe even bubble and stuff but then BOOM im dead.
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

No...what choice is saying is if even ONE ghoul is alive you will die ALWAYS the room does not kill you by taking damage and it never has. That room only does 2k every sec + 30k if a spirit hits you and 22k if a ball hits you. Ghoul alive outside while you are in the frostmourne room kills you instantly everytime. You have to kill them all during p2 as you push into p3.

Oh. I should've known. Is it ghouls only or the big guys too? What's the best/fastest way to AoE them?
    My armory

It's just the ghouls. Just start consecrating once you hit p2, they should die by p3, and you can start using HotR if shit is going badly.

Killing them off will probably increase the healthpool of the boss going into p3, but that shouldn't stop you.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    No...what choice is saying is if even ONE ghoul is alive you will die ALWAYS the room does not kill you by taking damage and it never has. That room only does 2k every sec + 30k if a spirit hits you and 22k if a ball hits you. Ghoul alive outside while you are in the frostmourne room kills you instantly everytime. You have to kill them all during p2 as you push into p3.
    It isn't every time but it is often enough that it is too annoying to rely on. I've had a couple times where I got lucky and survived.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing & Progress
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Titan
    So, with 5.4 now live in Europe, I've headed back in to see whether my predictions and graphs regarding the zerg strategy were correct. Sure enough, the vengeance I reported in my earlier post were close to correct. Overall DPS has dropped significantly, and this is with the DPS legendary cloak and DPS meta. When the cloak procs, it pumps my DPS up to 130-230K for the time that the proc is up, but at 1.29 RPPM, it quickly drops back down to more normal numbers that you'd expect from 20-30K vengeance.

I managed to extend the first phase to 8 minutes before I decided to push it over. Even at this point, my vengeance was still only sat on ~28K (around 57 mobs total including boss). By the end of the first transition, he was at ~65%, which is up from the ~50% I used to get him to before the patch. Eventually I wiped due to the sheer amount of damage being cause by the adds. It's basically impossible to keep large numbers of adds alive now as sacred shield is significantly nerfed due to the lower amount of vengeance, as is our self-healing for the same reason. I honestly think that they should have said 'Challenge modes and pre-MoP content' with regards to this change. I understand why they made the change (and why CM's were excluded from it), but I still don't understand their reasons for including old content in with the nerf.

TLDR: Zerg strat is no longer possible. Even with exceptional gear and the GC change, we lost too much vengeance in this particular fight to make it viable.

I'm going to attempt it now by wiping out the ghouls as they pop up (i.e. the original strategy). The GC change has made a lot of difference, so perhaps just having horrors up will be enough, though I'm not sure whether I'll need to wipe out the raging spirits as well. The legendary DPS cloak proc will help significantly with this method, so I figure that it's worth a shot.
    [...]

Managed to solo him today, was close though. I pushed into the 2nd phase with about 5 horrors up and no dps on adds. Killed the small ghouls during the end of 2nd phase and transition. Was running with ef which kept me alive with np. He enraged at 13%, but i had all my cds left so the last 3% wernt an issue with insane vengance. used drums of rage in the 2nd transition, legendary cloak did about 8% of my dmg, meta gem 3%(which is actually a really big nerf).
    Last edited by pascher24; 2013-09-12 at 07:05 AM.