Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    I felt like I wasted so much time in the harvest soul room, but I couldn't kill the spirits any faster than I was in order to get out.
    It's on a timer. There isn't anything you can do to speed it up, so you didn't "waste" any time per se.

Seems 85s have an even easier time with this too, presumably due to a higher vengeance cap or something.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Seems 85s have an even easier time with this too, presumably due to a higher vengeance cap or something.
    At 90 it's hard for me to get over 150k vengeance while tanking everything in defile with keeping part of adds on my back. Dunno how much avoid you have at lowlevel twink, probably 50%+? It's still hunting for SoTR just after hit incoming?

Couple reasons it may be easier. For sure it's easier to gear up, as you have random-stats 415 crafts, you can fill your gear with mop quests gear if needed, so it's not cloth gloves omnomnomnom.
    Not sure if it will be easier because of ratings tbh. On example of 409 1H, it's 310 secondary stat on ced's crusher. 85bis, 463 archaeology sword, has ~500stats on it. Probably this multiplier is similar to other items as well. With +60% stats on items you need almost 4x more ratings/point.

Seems to me if you won't be able to cap the vengeance during fight you may have bigger use from LOTS more crit/haste than from +70k(?) hp.
    Last edited by Michalus; 2013-05-10 at 06:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    At 90 it's hard for me to get over 150k vengeance while tanking everything in defile with keeping part of adds on my back. Dunno how much avoid you have at lowlevel twink, probably 50%+? It's still hunting for SoTR just after hit incoming?
    80s have tremendous amounts. I've no experience of the boss at 85, but I've heard about people killing it on their first attempt using the tactic I used at 80. The SotR vengeance bug was fixed with 5.2, since we can't reduce damage taken by 100% anymore (DKs can still technically do it with a _very_ well timed army)
    Couple reasons it may be easier. For sure it's easier to gear up, as you have random-stats 415 crafts, you can fill your gear with mop quests gear if needed, so it's not cloth gloves omnomnomnom.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aelo/advanced

A good friend of mine on his DK. He has what, two crafted 415s? Cloth gloves at 80 are only useful because of their secondaries, but 80s have always been about secondaries, even in cataclysm. Paladins don't even use the 415 items, since DS tier is better for them.

Not sure if it will be easier because of ratings tbh. On example of 409 1H, it's 310 secondary stat on ced's crusher. 85bis, 463 archaeology sword, has ~500stats on it.
    The sky reaver isn't all that much higher ilevel, and it has strength which is far more useful than agility. That said, I'd likely use one of the Madness 416s over the sky-reaver at this point.

Probably this multiplier is similar to other items as well. With +60% stats on items you need almost 4x more ratings/point.
    Which is why it's confusing me. 85s have almost less secondary stats than 90s do atm (in top-notch gear at least), so I can't see how an 85 would be able to kill this boss easier than a 90. Unless the people on the twink forums' soloing thread are lying.

Seems to me if you won't be able to cap the vengeance during fight you may have bigger use from LOTS more crit/haste than from +70k(?) hp.
    If anything, if you can't cap vengeance during the fight, strength would be far more valuable. The thing that makes secondaries more powerful is the huge increase in available attack power. HP is literally only an increase to that number assuming you can cap it.

80s soloing went to crap with the MoP gear as it trivialised basically everything. But as someone who has done plenty of content without the gear, it's hardly really an excuse to blame that.

Which is why it's confusing me. 85s have almost less secondary stats than 90s do atm (in top-notch gear at least)
    not even close

My DK (535) has 27.03% haste, 18% crit, and 75.82% mastery (starts at 50%). (23.14% parry)
    Aelo's 85 has 38.38% haste, 30.67% crit, and 103.89% mastery. (34.13% parry)
    To be fair I'm not stacking secondaries on my gems, but even if I did I'd gain like 5.5% haste.

Also since that's about LK, level 90 characters do not gain AP on avoidance from ghouls/vrykuls because they are too low level. For targets below a certain level only actual damage triggers Vengeance, presumably to prevent exploits pulling an entire map of low level critters against which you are avoidance capped or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    not even close

My DK (535) has 27.03% haste, 18% crit, and 75.82% mastery (starts at 50%). (23.14% parry)
    Aelo's 85 has 38.38% haste, 30.67% crit, and 103.89% mastery. (34.13% parry)
    To be fair I'm not stacking secondaries on my gems, but even if I did I'd gain like 5.5% haste.

Also since that's about LK, level 90 characters do not gain AP on avoidance from ghouls/vrykuls because they are too low level. For targets below a certain level only actual damage triggers Vengeance, presumably to prevent exploits pulling an entire map of low level critters against which you are avoidance capped or something.
    Fair point, but surely the avoidance difference is made up by the "supposed" level difference? I know a boss like LK is too low for 90s, but it's a case in point that you're going to have more avoidance than we do against a lower level target (just as 70s have extremely low avoidance vs ICC bosses), is it not?

Comparing Treckie to my 85, the difference is significantly closer as the Sun-lute problem doesn't exist.

And then there's the health difference, which is extremely noticable against 85 content.

I solo this on my DK and just a small tip to anyone attempting this,most know if u need to u can avoid being knocked off the platform by orbs by standing in front of or on the stairs,well i use this same strat in phase on shadow traps,i stand at the bottom of the stairs on the pull and never move in phase 1.Shadow trap dmg is very minor and this keeps you from movement which can result in a dps loss and that is very crucial on this fight at this point in time.Good luck and hope this tip helps someone.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    Thanks for the guide, finally had some time to do this and got him on the 6th pull. I'm retarded and forgot what shadow traps did on the first one, lol.
    So funny I did the exact same thing, I totally forgot what shadow traps did and just stood there like a moron first try

Really nice guide, heard it where possible so tryed it before i did read your guide.
    10mil short on dmg but where kinda easy to fix after reading how you did this.
    Thanks

Glad to hear it helped you. Congrats.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Btw, I found a way to avoid roleplay bugging out. When LK kills you with Fury, Horrors move to their original spawn positions. If they are far enough from Tirion, RP does not bug at all.
    So, I just kite LK around outer edge of the platform (part that falls down after Quake), and all the Horrors spawn there. When RP starts, Horrors move away and stand somewhere in the air, Tirion breaks free and you don't have to spend extra time running or killing those Horrors, since they don't re-engage unless you move close enough to them.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 13/14H.

Awesome! need to try

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Btw, I found a way to avoid roleplay bugging out. When LK kills you with Fury, Horrors move to their original spawn positions. If they are far enough from Tirion, RP does not bug at all.
    So, I just kite LK around outer edge of the platform (part that falls down after Quake), and all the Horrors spawn there. When RP starts, Horrors move away and stand somewhere in the air, Tirion breaks free and you don't have to spend extra time running or killing those Horrors, since they don't re-engage unless you move close enough to them.
    Wouldn't think they are going to their spawn positions, thought they always go for those 3-4 spots around the platform. Im progressing it on my DK and tried to tank it on throne - traps explode under you but if you're standing hugged to the back of "chair" youre not flying (dk still low geared, need more dps so trying to reduce movement). Unfort still dying somewhere in t1-p2, but will check on pala next reset if they will go back to the throne if I'll tank whole p1 there.

Wouldn't think they are going to their spawn positions, thought they always go for those 3-4 spots around the platform. Im progressing it on my DK and tried to tank it on throne - traps explode under you but if you're standing hugged to the back of "chair" youre not flying (dk still low geared, need more dps so trying to reduce movement). Unfort still dying somewhere in t1-p2, but will check on pala next reset if they will go back to the throne if I'll tank whole p1 there.
    I've heard this was possible. Basically makes the boss a fight in two places; The throne, and the middle of the platform. Trivialising fights is fun!

Thanks for this guide, very helpful. Got my first kill last week (Ice Spheres + chain silences from Raging Spirits made it tricky for me if anything), and one shotted him this week. Didn't even unequip gear at the start, didn't use SoT + no potions used and managed to kill him with a good minute or so until berserk.

Brilliant to know that I can now comfortably solo farm this amazing mount.

I tanked on the throne the whole phase and they all ran there at the end and the RP didn't bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    I tanked on the throne the whole phase and they all ran there at the end and the RP didn't bug.
    Same, it seems the RP bugs when Tirion is put into combat by the Horrors (thus he will stop doing anything until he's out of combat).

High Overlord
    Anyone else experienced problems with sharing 11/12 "N->HC" lockout after patch? Doing everything as always and nothing's killed inside..

Anyone else experienced problems with sharing 11/12 "N->HC" lockout after patch? Doing everything as always and nothing's killed inside..
    Lockouts usually get wiped on patch weeks.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 13/14H.

I encountered two problems this week with the heroic lich king.

The first one was trying to switch my lockout from 11/12 10 man normal to heroic 25 man. I had just cleared 10 man and zoned out and was going to switch to heroic 25 while outside of the zone, but it wouldn't let me zone in. The solution to this was to zone in on 25 man normal and then switch to 25 heroic while inside.

The second problem was a bit more involving. After burning the lich king through the second transition and getting harvested, partially through the throne room phase I was getting killed instantly. I had a sneaking suspicion that this was being caused by the adds being up top, however after a few pulls I was able to narrow it down to the shambling horrors, rather than including the raging spirits. I decided I was going to have to kill the shambling horrors; my solution to the problem was unglyphing avenger's shield to let the passive cleave kill them throughout the fight. I was hard burning lich king through phase 1 to be able to get through with as few shamblings as possible. After the shamblings stopped spawning at the first transition, I was going into cleave mode with hammer of the righteous to be able to get them down before the throne room. This ended up being enough damage on them to get them down by the time the second transition had even started; however, this ended up being overkill because they only need to be dead by the time the harvest soul starts.

I'm not sure how accessible this is going to be gear-wise, considering I did this in a full haste setup with 540 item level and the boss still turned into a photo finish burn during berserk. I think it could be done with less for sure but it might take a few more attempts to get a good balance of dps onto the shamblings and keeping good damage on the lich king, since killing the shamblings means you're going to lose a lot of vengeance in the last phase.

Good luck to anyone trying to slay the lich king this week that encounters this problem. Hopefully it gets fixed soon or something because it is a bit annoying to see it change for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by romulo View Post
    I encountered two problems this week with the heroic lich king.

The first one was trying to switch my lockout from 11/12 10 man normal to heroic 25 man. I had just cleared 10 man and zoned out and was going to switch to heroic 25 while outside of the zone, but it wouldn't let me zone in. The solution to this was to zone in on 25 man normal and then switch to 25 heroic while inside.
    Definitely a solution to the problem! Worked for my farming group after having the problem of not being able to switch from 10 man normal to 25 man heroic while outside the instance since patch 5.3.
    Much thanks!
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama