Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by romulo View Post
    I encountered two problems this week with the heroic lich king.

The first one was trying to switch my lockout from 11/12 10 man normal to heroic 25 man. I had just cleared 10 man and zoned out and was going to switch to heroic 25 while outside of the zone, but it wouldn't let me zone in. The solution to this was to zone in on 25 man normal and then switch to 25 heroic while inside.

The second problem was a bit more involving. After burning the lich king through the second transition and getting harvested, partially through the throne room phase I was getting killed instantly. I had a sneaking suspicion that this was being caused by the adds being up top, however after a few pulls I was able to narrow it down to the shambling horrors, rather than including the raging spirits. I decided I was going to have to kill the shambling horrors; my solution to the problem was unglyphing avenger's shield to let the passive cleave kill them throughout the fight. I was hard burning lich king through phase 1 to be able to get through with as few shamblings as possible. After the shamblings stopped spawning at the first transition, I was going into cleave mode with hammer of the righteous to be able to get them down before the throne room. This ended up being enough damage on them to get them down by the time the second transition had even started; however, this ended up being overkill because they only need to be dead by the time the harvest soul starts.

I'm not sure how accessible this is going to be gear-wise, considering I did this in a full haste setup with 540 item level and the boss still turned into a photo finish burn during berserk. I think it could be done with less for sure but it might take a few more attempts to get a good balance of dps onto the shamblings and keeping good damage on the lich king, since killing the shamblings means you're going to lose a lot of vengeance in the last phase.

Good luck to anyone trying to slay the lich king this week that encounters this problem. Hopefully it gets fixed soon or something because it is a bit annoying to see it change for no reason.
    The solution to the issue with getting randomly instakilled is actually killing the ghouls. I spent a lot of time figuring that one out myself. This is also mentioned in the OP iirc.

Been doing carries with alts and such in previous weeks, but I got a chance to get in there completely alone this week. Goal was to smash the enrage time and get a quick kill, hopefully via skipping p3.

Didn't make it on an early attempt, but when I was able to survive the bugged frostmourne I decided to just kill it and be satisfied with 8:30 for a kill time. Figured it was worth uploading.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Been doing carries with alts and such in previous weeks, but I got a chance to get in there completely alone this week. Goal was to smash the enrage time and get a quick kill, hopefully via skipping p3.

Didn't make it on an early attempt, but when I was able to survive the bugged frostmourne I decided to just kill it and be satisfied with 8:30 for a kill time. Figured it was worth uploading.

Skipping p3 doesn't seem reasonable at 90, it's already tight enough on an 80 with insane crit/haste levels. Good luck though

High Overlord
    Would be nice to skip P3. Hate to worry if I killed all drudge ghouls before end of T2. Dozens of ghouls = GC win . To skip P3 completely during T2 I would probably make P1 longer for 1-2 horrors, but doubt if I would survive that in my crappy gear.
    And about timer.. Last week I killed it in something like 11 minutes including surviving Fury of Frostmourne - all cds for the win, without any hard rush. It looks like it's faster to kill rest of mobs + LK to 1HP on aoe during roleplay, than scratching 10M hp without vengeance after 3mins of /yawn-how-awesome-tirion-is.
    Last edited by Michalus; 2013-05-27 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Skipping p3 doesn't seem reasonable at 90, it's already tight enough on an 80 with insane crit/haste levels. Good luck though
    Meh, it's only tight on 80s if you're in full DPS gear. Stamina is an amazing DPS stat at vengeance cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Meh, it's only tight on 80s if you're in full DPS gear. Stamina is an amazing DPS stat at vengeance cap.
    That's odd, I have a cap of 139k that I don't often reach in the final transition even if I've taken a defile into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    That's odd, I have a cap of 139k that I don't often reach in the final transition even if I've taken a defile into it.
    I've been able to cap my stam set (169ish thousand health), by just getting more adds from p1. That boss is easy to cap out on, at least in my experience.

hmm.. so i did a couple of tries on 10man heroic just to "get into" the heroic version alone. wiped intenionally at 20ish % since i could manage just fine. i i walked out. changed to 25man heroic. but everytime i entered it changed to 10man.. ive heard ppl can do 11/12 10man then switch. have they changed this or?

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    hmm.. so i did a couple of tries on 10man heroic just to "get into" the heroic version alone. wiped intenionally at 20ish % since i could manage just fine. i i walked out. changed to 25man heroic. but everytime i entered it changed to 10man.. ive heard ppl can do 11/12 10man then switch. have they changed this or?
    Rather sure that you get saved to 10hc if you pull it on 10hc. It is a 'bug' on bosses that used to have limited attempts (a.k.a. ToGC and LK), you get locked when you pull them, not when you kill them.

This is just a guess, dunno if they fixed it. Just know it used to be like this.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Rather sure that you get saved to 10hc if you pull it on 10hc. It is a 'bug' on bosses that used to have limited attempts (a.k.a. ToGC and LK), you get locked when you pull them, not when you kill them.

This is just a guess, dunno if they fixed it. Just know it used to be like this.
    aka no lk 25 for me til next week? so i gotta clear ALL on normal then switch to 25 hc at 11/12. dammit. missing one 10man hc item for mog. guess that has to wait then >.<

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    aka no lk 25 for me til next week? so i gotta clear ALL on normal then switch to 25 hc at 11/12. dammit. missing one 10man hc item for mog. guess that has to wait then >.<
    You can clear 11/12 on 10 man normal, go out and switch it to 25 man normal. Go back inside and switch it to 25 hc.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post

It's not a bug. Whenever you're switching to HC with any bosses killed in instance, you get locked - being exact the dialog pops up with a question be saved or get lost in 1minute. As far as I remember it's like that since cata-prepatch. There's a simple reason why you think it's matter of limited attempts.. There was no "heroic" mode for 10/25man before ToTC, and even if you left the instance for let's say XT after Levi/Razor/Ignis, you were locked for him even if you didn't kill him, as lockouts had their own IDs. 25man was called "heroic" prior to release of patch with toc (remember quest called "Heroic Judgment at the Eye of Eternity"?). Later it was ICC, fact also with limited attempts, but have nothing to do with. Later was Halion, that was just single boss so you didn't see dialog about heroic lockout when switching to hc.
    After cata you could join with incomplete normal save to another group with matching save (they have no bosses alive that you have already killed), but if you did ANY boss on HC, you could go only with group that helped you to get that HC save - after cata and funny 10man raids sharing lockout and loot with royal-size raids, Heroic lockouts have their own IDs. Also in current content on bosses that have no limited attempts, changing from normal to hc asks you for save.

That's shortened history of "The Bug".

Ok, so update for the week. cleared 11/12 normal and was able to get heroic 25 set,

i got LK to 60ish % but then this occured

The Lich King Infest damaged You 116721 Shadow.
    Raging Spirit Melee missed You. (Parried)
    The Lich King Melee missed You. (Parried)
    Defile Defile hit You 24824 Shadow.
    Raging Spirit Melee missed You. (Missed)
    Raging Spirit Melee missed You. (Dodged)
    The Lich King Infest damaged You 41070 Shadow. (104831 Overkill)
    You died.

i had around 4-5 shambling horrors up and 3 raging spirits. took way to much dmg and no idea how to counter this..

Edit: armory if anyone wants it... not that i think it'll help.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Midraxx/simple
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-06-12 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Link

If you're below 90% when the infest hits it ramps up quickly until you're above it again. It's a good way to ramp up vengeance but unless you have some cds or a bubble/loh you'll be overwhelmed quickly. Just keep note when you have the debuff and WoG if your SoI isn't catching up.

so uhm. if i use single target HW, and single target AS glyphs i die due to way to many adds up at second transition, if i DONT use them i cant beat enrage time ( managed to get to 28%)... i should prob wait til i get a 522++ wpn :s

Weapons have a very small effect on your damage output.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Stacking the adds shouldn't kill you in itself, the silence can occasionally RNG you to lock you out of heals for long periods, but if you're stacking GC you should have 100% SoTR uptime and basically never fall sub 90%.

Keep up sacred shield, you don't need to infest-game to beat the berserk at all (really only if you are looking for speed-kills).

ok getting closer, 18% at best. enrage and boom dead, not sure how you can have such high duration on sotr in your vid... if i got like 20sec imao id win this so easy at that stage..

76 wipes later. im clearly to stupid to get this done atm. il just wait for more gear...
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-06-13 at 10:14 PM.

Dumb question maybe, but are you using seal of insight? Horrors + spirits being "way too much damage" feels a bit wrong.