Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    The explosions don't kill you, they hit for like 18k. It's ghouls being alive upstairs that kills you, some sort of anti-evade mechanic I have to assume. It doesn't always happen though (like 9 times out of 10 maybe) so if you still had ghouls up then you got lucky.
    Yeah I'm perfectly aware as to what exactly wipes me, however choice has mentioned that if you don't get hit at all when you get sucked into frostmourne you can leave ghouls up. I was just mentioning that during my kill i was almost certain that some sort of explosion had connected, and you have seemed to at least clarify that the glitch doesn't happen 100% of the time, which is good to know, and probably explains how I was hit but still managed to survive.

I'm not sure not getting hit at all has anything to do with the ghouls blowing you up or not, on my early tries before this bug was really known about I remember trying exactly that and still having the insta-death on most attempts.

It can be avoided, but it comes down to a little more than just not being hit from memory.

Firstly, incase it was missed. I've uploaded footage of me surviving FM with ghouls alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bPzLors#t=424s

As you can see, they are plentiful.

Getting hit by pretty much any damage will 10/10 times in my experience kill you. That said though I've attempted this several times and locked up in a terribly, only to come back a few seconds later to be dead. Generally I thought I was clear of bombs or spirits and hence believed it may be completely unavoidable. Such lock outs have never occurred for me at any other time apart from FM with ghouls up.

The simplest solution is simply to ensure the ghouls dead off, at this point in the expansion I personally don't think there should be a need to push the ghoul uptime anywhere near the start of p3 unless you're pushing for like a 500 ilevel kill.

Ultimately, I don't have the most insight to offer on this because I can't really be bothered pushing the numbers unless I want a really fast time, generally I'll just kill them as they come and not worry about it. Watch some top gear and such.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

I might be a bit after. and alot of raging and frustrating fuckups!

guess what!

NO KING RULES FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post

guess what!

NO KING RULES FOREVER!
    Grats on the kill

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post

guess what!

NO KING RULES FOREVER!
    Grats, I've been watching this thread for some time while doing my own attempts and it is refreshing to see you get it down! Speaking of which I have another question that I hope someone will answer:

I already have this fight down, but I am absolutely dreading it this week because of the massive amounts of damage that go out during transition phases (the first one is easy to manage) but the secound one (when defile is down) usually forces me to LOH, I also typically have to move out of defile in late term P3 (by late term I mean less then 20% on LK, to survive). I usually HA as much as i can in preparation of the damage but it is often times not enough.

To clarify, its usually the adds that hurt me a crap ton (in additon to the damage coming from the LK's transition ice crap) every time i switch targets to an Ice orb, which i do as quickly as possible, i lose some Hpower generation and usually fall below 90% and start getting trucked.

Any advice?
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2013-06-27 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Grats, I've been watching this thread for some time while doing my own attempts and it is refreshing to see you get it down! Speaking of which I have another question that I hope someone will answer:

I already have this fight down, but I am absolutely dreading it this week because of the massive amounts of damage that go out during transition phases (the first one is easy to manage) but the secound one (when defile is down) usually forces me to LOH, I also typically have to move out of defile in late term P3 (by late term I mean less then 20% on LK, to survive). I usually HA as much as i can in preparation of the damage but it is often times not enough.

To clarify, its usually the adds that hurt me a crap ton (in additon to the damage coming from the LK's transition ice crap) every time i switch targets to an Ice orb, which i do as quickly as possible, i lose some Hpower generation and usually fall below 90% and start getting trucked.

Any advice?
    /target Ice Sphere
    /cast Judgment
    /targetlasttarget

/target Ice Sphere
    /cast Judgment
    /targetlasttarget
    Im dieing from the damage going out not the spheres, a macro that casts judgement is dangerous (at least in my experenice) because if judgement happens to be on cooldown and I didn't quite notice that it didn't die I'm absolutely screwed. I use two seperate macros that are on my q and e keys to target spheres and then target the LK.
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2013-06-27 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Im dieing from the damage going out not the spheres, a macro that casts judgement is dangerous (at least in my experenice) because if judgement happens to be on cooldown and I didn't quite notice that it didn't die I'm absolutely screwed. I use two seperate macros that are on my q and e keys to target spheres and then target the LK.
    Judgment cd is so short with haste though (unless you aren't haste stacked), you said yourself you're having issue when having to swap targets to spheres and something like that would make it seamless. You'll be getting so many gc procs during those phases that you barely need to use judgment rotationally anyway. Other than that I'll just suggest EF like I do to everyone, though none of them ever listen =p

Judgment cd is so short with haste though (unless you aren't haste stacked), you said yourself you're having issue when having to swap targets to spheres and something like that would make it seamless. You'll be getting so many gc procs during those phases that you barely need to use judgment rotationally anyway. Other than that I'll just suggest EF like I do to everyone, though none of them ever listen =p
    32% haste atm, reading your reply and thinking about it honestly you're 100% correct, i could honestly skip judgement in my rotation during transitions and probably do just fine. I've been using Eternal flame since like wipe #4, and its amazing. I generally use it when i expect to take spikes (right before i get sucked into the sword, and right before the first and secound transitions start to pad the damage a bit. I guess its mostly just fine tuning on my end then. But thank you immensely for your feedback.

You can kill the spheres with melee abilities as well by the way, as long as you're quick about it. They take roughly 1-2sec after being targetable to actually do anything.
    That's at least what some DKs (ie: me) do.

Other than that I'll just suggest EF like I do to everyone, though none of them ever listen =p
    Might try EF this reset :P

Edit: Used EF, not sure if that made much of a difference but I one shot it on the first go.

Tact used:

Prolong Phase 1 until about 7-8 mins in (boring but worth it imo), stack in the middle for Remorseless Winter, use macro to kill Spheres with Judgement only, no AoE just pure AS and SoTR spam on LK. Keep going and the 2nd Remorse Winter occurs pretty fast. This time pop Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger, again AS procs and SoTR on LK with Judgement on the Spheres. Keeping EF ticking on me.

In 508 gear I got him down just before Phase 3. Release, run back in, kill everything, then kill LK once Tirion has broken out the ice.

Haste elixir, haste food, 320 haste gems in every socket, haste enchants, haste reforges and stamina scroll.
    Last edited by quikbunny; 2013-06-28 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks for the guide! I have been trying it myself, and I am having the issue where I get stuck dead during the RP. I tried killing off all the ghouls prior to P3 to see if that corrected the issue, but it did not. And I have tried releasing and running back, but the fight is reset when I return. The only thing that I can think of that's happening is that I'm zoning into a different instance when I return, and not the one where the RP is going on. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Thanks for the guide! I have been trying it myself, and I am having the issue where I get stuck dead during the RP. I tried killing off all the ghouls prior to P3 to see if that corrected the issue, but it did not. And I have tried releasing and running back, but the fight is reset when I return. The only thing that I can think of that's happening is that I'm zoning into a different instance when I return, and not the one where the RP is going on. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue?
    I've run into an issue a few times where instances soft reset if you try and corpse run without a raid group. Invite a friend (or group with one of your alts), convert to raid, and you shouldn't have the issue where he disappears.

Keyboard Turner
    Has anyone else had the issue of not being able to switch the raid from 10man to 25man after clearing the place excluding LK ofc?

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    Has anyone else had the issue of not being able to switch the raid from 10man to 25man after clearing the place excluding LK ofc?
    Turn to 25N outside, enter, and turn to 25H inside.

Keyboard Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Turn to 25N outside, enter, and turn to 25H inside.
    I have been, it won't let me switch ICC in general to 25man from 10? And LK is still up.

I have been, it won't let me switch ICC in general to 25man from 10? And LK is still up.
    Did you kill any boss on 10 heroic?
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Are you in a group? Difficulty changes seem to not work sometimes if you try doing it solo.

Been thinking about this weeks reset, is it possible to cheese the ice spheres the same way you can cheese shadow trap (sitting in the throne)?