1. #1

    Holy paladins! Professions and garrisons,what are your WoD choices?

    Well met.

    WoD will launch on Nov. 13th however raids will not release until two and a half weeks later,during which time we'd want to gear up full BIS and make sure we're ready for Mythic.

    This includes making sure you have:
    1 potions.
    2 flasks.
    3 all the crafted gear (upgraded 3/3)
    4 the enchants
    5 gems (although few items in WoD will have gem slots,so this would probably go down on our priority list)

    WoD introduces something new as far as that's concerned:Garrisons.They will allow you to craft epics without having the profession for it,if you have the plot.However there are some complications.For one,people with the BS profession and plot will be able to craft epic gear the fastest,due to the generation of Truesteel Ignot but even with that you wouldn't have enough to get all of your crafted gear (in WoD you have 8 pieces of crafted epics you can upgrade from 640 to 655 and then to 665) which means you will have to either buy some off the AH for absurdly expensive prices.[Also for some reason there aren't any 2H weaps/intellect mace/shield from crafted gear even though there are 1Hs which can be upgraded from 630 to 645 to 655,which I believe makes them BIS until raid quality loot.
    Alchemy plots can grant you access to flasks and potions,trading post can grant you access to mats for all professions (regular mats,not things like Truesteel Ignot).Enchanting lets you DE items as well as make your own enchants.
    Another thing to note is that it seems like our DMC is going to be utterly useless , grants int as a stat and gives a proc of spirit,chance on hit (not sure what the developers were thinking :Angry: ) 640ilvl ; Also the engineering goggles,even though they can also be upgraded to 665,they don't seem to have secondary stats at all :Confused:

    Other than that,I don't think there are any important buildings I've missed out on (?)
    Still haven't looked into the garrison mission for an epic we'd get every few weeks.

    So what do you,as raiders,think would be the most efficient buildings and professions to get?

  2. #2
    Basically have to get BS now. With prof perks being taken out, BS is now best in slot as it will continuously generate gear for yourself, your alts, and to be sold on the AH.

  3. #3
    I'm not a fan of gear crafting professions, just because I can get that as a loot no matter how RNG the drop is. Yes, there are may be some BiS in it, but as a healer, I am used to "working with what I have".
    The other way you can look at it the gear will go to DPS or sometimes tanks more now, because we won't have INT-only plate. Now that is a problem we have to consider, so having BS is probably a solid choice, for starters anyway. Also Engineering, because reasons. Alchemy is a mostly money making/saving profession. Garrison wise, DE is a good thing to have, other than that - just complement the ones you have.
    But thats IMHO. I bet there is somewhere a guide with all cookie cutter profession/garrison combinations.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,563
    I'm a blacksmith and inscriptionizer on my holy paladin, I have a gatheing alt just in case.

    The DMC card will be chance on heal I'm sure, just a bug/beta thing to be cleaned up.

    Eng goggles get cogwheel sockets, that is where you get secondary stats.
    You're a towel.

  5. #5
    Can't we equip only 3 crafted epics? Or did I miss something? Maybe I misunderstood tooltip..

  6. #6
    The warforged gear that blacksmiths can make or those that have the forge can make have one major problem. Currently you can only have 3 warforged pieces equipped on beta. That includes the blue warforged pieces, weapons, shields, rings, necklaces and cloaks. So unless they change it you won't be having 8+ pieces of it but only 3. I just found that out on my paladin when I went from ret to prot and had the warforged crafted 630 sword and shield and could only equip 1 other piece.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    The warforged gear that blacksmiths can make or those that have the forge can make have one major problem. Currently you can only have 3 warforged pieces equipped on beta. That includes the blue warforged pieces, weapons, shields, rings, necklaces and cloaks. So unless they change it you won't be having 8+ pieces of it but only 3. I just found that out on my paladin when I went from ret to prot and had the warforged crafted 630 sword and shield and could only equip 1 other piece.
    Ahh,must've missed that part.Well,if that is the case at least they're making it a bit more interesting by letting us have fewer options.If you've crafted gear on the BETA I have a few questions if you don't mind answering:

    1. How do you level BS in WoD,other than getting the random items you turn in for skill,or is that the only way?
    2. How much Truesteel Ignots do you get daily after your BS 700 and you have the BS plot on level 3
    3. When you reforge the an item's secondary stats,do you get to choose which stats you reforge to or not?
    Last edited by Akam3x; 2014-09-02 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Edit:mistake

  8. #8
    I currently have Blacksmithing and Engineering as professions. Even with being able to only equip 3 crafted pieces I think I will keep those for the beginning (maybe later drop BS for Alchemy, though) and make sure I get buildings on my Garrison to complement the main profs.

    What we also might get is the War Mill to have one of our 3 weekly bonus rolls for free as I have read somewhere that they seem to be quite costly. There are a few options how to get them (Apexis Crystals, Gold, Honor points, Garrison resources, War Mill) but each of those is just useable once per week.

    Jewelcrafters building... idk. Not tested personally yet. I've done lots of dungeons on the beta and only ever seen one socketed item drop (a trinket), so I have no idea if this actually would pay off. However, loot tables are not fully implemented yet, so it remains to be seen.
    Enchanting and/or Alchemy building seems to be nice to have as well. Also the Lumber Mill might get quite important at the beginning for having a better supply on resources.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeah View Post
    I currently have Blacksmithing and Engineering as professions. Even with being able to only equip 3 crafted pieces I think I will keep those for the beginning (maybe later drop BS for Alchemy, though) and make sure I get buildings on my Garrison to complement the main profs.

    What we also might get is the War Mill to have one of our 3 weekly bonus rolls for free as I have read somewhere that they seem to be quite costly. There are a few options how to get them (Apexis Crystals, Gold, Honor points, Garrison resources, War Mill) but each of those is just useable once per week.

    Jewelcrafters building... idk. Not tested personally yet. I've done lots of dungeons on the beta and only ever seen one socketed item drop (a trinket), so I have no idea if this actually would pay off. However, loot tables are not fully implemented yet, so it remains to be seen.
    Enchanting and/or Alchemy building seems to be nice to have as well. Also the Lumber Mill might get quite important at the beginning for having a better supply on resources.
    Currently on the BETA I have:

    Lumber mill for a steady income of resources and the barn to get the savage bloods for crafting (planning on swapping the barn after I get the BoEs in favor of the trading post,with it I can just turn in my garrison resources which will presumably be useless at that point,for mats for food buff,flasks and enchants),for the minor plots:BS(BS is one of my profs) , alchemy since the plot gives you flasks/pots @ level 3 and enchanting,however I plan on going for the engineering plot (compliments my other profession) to get the goggles,assuming they put sockets into them and into inscription to get a DMC for free (The inscription plot wasn't working for me though,so I'm not sure if I can make the DMC,although I should be able to) ; after getting my goggles/DMC I'd go to what I currently am on the BETA:enchanting&alchemy

    Also the dwarfish bunker for the free coin,short-term the coin might not be that bad,but long term it can become tedious (500 honor/500g/100 apx crystals/garrison resources - you need to pic 3 out of the 5 and you're either stuck with tedious farm you have to do per week on every character or giving gold,this isn't much but it piles up and I'm broke anyway)

  10. #10
    Forgive the noob question, but all the profession "self" perks like:

    enchanting - personal ring enchant
    tailoring - cloack embroiderys
    bs - bracers and fists sockets
    ecc. ecc

    ARE GONE?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Juther View Post
    Forgive the noob question, but all the profession "self" perks like:

    enchanting - personal ring enchant
    tailoring - cloack embroiderys
    bs - bracers and fists sockets
    ecc. ecc

    ARE GONE?
    Yes, those benefits exist no longer in WoD

  12. #12
    QQ no more parachute etc. from engineering then.. that sucks

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Saljin View Post
    QQ no more parachute etc. from engineering then.. that sucks
    I believe some of the engineering perks will stay,but they will be available for everyone.The rocket boots stay and are changed,not sure about the gloves/glider/parachute

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Akam3x View Post
    I believe some of the engineering perks will stay,but they will be available for everyone.The rocket boots stay and are changed,not sure about the gloves/glider/parachute

    The glider is a consumable item that can be used by anyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •