When the cannons get frozen, kill the alliance mobs on your boat, jump over and kill the mage then jump back and get in the cannon.
Wait. You can clear it all 10man normal and switch up to 25hc for LK?
I've been clearing 25normal and end wing bosses on heroic. Is that system now obsolete?
Arneia/Panthea - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> 25man Horde - Tarren Mill - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info
nvm - problem solved thanks to an other thread
Last edited by Jansn; 2013-03-16 at 06:37 AM. Reason: nvm - problem solved thanks to an other thread
Looking for a few tips.... I keep having a lot of trouble during the transition phases. First one isnt too bad, i ususally save HA and wings there to help surviving all the dmg. I just really feel like i get shit on during those 2 parts, am i supposed to save my cds for them too? I managed to get a few off before being silenced on some attempts. And i always panic and start moving around trying to avoid and see the ice spheres which distracts me from attacking and staying alive. Speed wise i dont think im doing too bad, my best attempt was 36% at 9 minutes. Doing around 200-210k dps by that time. Maybe i should switch some dps gear out for tanking gear? Or change gems around or something..... Its basically my whole ret set with t14 4pc and thunderforged tanking legs. Im only at around 700k health without any stam scrolls.
So any thoughts on what i could be doing better?
This is pretty much what I did to go about the transition phases.
Make sure you're either not killing spirits at all or following the method I listed in the OP. With the GC change those spirit's are definitely worth keeping alive for more vengeance, AS procs and to not need to swap off.
1. Have a target sphere macro set, and ideally also an LK targetting macro. Since the 5.2 change and with not killing any horrors or spirits you should have AS procs coming out of your ears. As a result you should be sitting on judgement to kill off the spheres.
Turning off name plates help keep your vision clear, everything will be stacked up right on LK and they should spawn in a radius around him. You simply see the animation for the sphere, mash your macro and hit judgement. Ideally you shouldn't need to move once you have this process down.
2. You'l have high vengeance during this portion, generally higher than any other point in the fight, WoG is at LoH levels during transitions and since the damage itself is generally covered by SS if you find yourself falling behind a WoG will get you out of trouble pretty much by itself.
3. Try to be forward thinking with your cds, you can't be bursted down up until p3 so in those phases it's worth using just to keep damage chill. Hold off on AD since it's your only cd that can be cast while silenced. Also remember that AM is a good cd in transition phases because it's almost all magic damage.
Your health shouldn't make a big impact since most damage is absorbed by SS anyway. If you can get the method down for those transition phases you should be able to kill it.
I usually filter the ghouls/spirits/horrors out on tidyplates so the only nameplates that show up are the orbs and the LK himself. Less confusion since you really don't need to see the plates of everything else.
Finally soloed the bastard. Had some p3 wipes, first to instakill from ghouls - decided to spam consecration / HotR starting at 45% of LK, all ghouls died before p3, then it was just surviving. Had couple of bad wipes (16-18%) because of silences. The kill was clean, tried to save AD for Fury of the Frostmourne but didnt have Guardian up and wasnt topped off, so I died on that and had to run back to get LK down from 10% to zero.
Meh makes me wish I still raided on my Paladin. Looks good though for the next tier, LFR gear should be sufficient then
Thanks for the guide, can't wait to give this a shot when I get a few more ilvl points. Also thanks for the tip about running ten man up and until the Lich King before switching over, that'll come in handy ^^
Having the same issue as animma had, got him to 32%, second Harvest Soul.
after +- 12 Seconds I just died instantly without any clue (combatlog don't show anything).
First Harvest Soul was just as it used to be, running around, avoiding spirits -
getting out and continuing.
I remember having this issue ever since we tried LK25 HC as 80.
Is this just a bug they didn't fix or is there any game mechanics I don't realize?
Soloed it twice so far. Some interesting observations: -
1) If you kill him (trigger Fury of Frostmourne) and you die, the roleplay bugs out just before Fordring should break the ice. I had to get a GM to intervene and release him. Fordring then killed the Shambling Horrors that were up and the roleplay continued normally [conclusion: Shambling Horrors be buggy, yo!];
2) If you survive Fury of Frostmourne (did on my 2nd kill), the same roleplay bug occurs and the Lich King will remain 1 HP if you attempt to kill him. However, as before, killing the Shambling Horrors (I believe I had 4, maybe 5 alive) fixes the issue and things continue normally. Lich King instantly died after all the roleplay was complete, which I found to be somewhat amusing [conclusion: Shambling Horrors be really buggy, yo!];
3) Eternal Flame is surprisingly powerful. I used this on my 2nd kill over Sacred Shield. I found it to be way stronger - in fact I use this talent whenever I tank now, in general. Also, make sure it's active when you get out of the Harvest Soul room though or things can get dicey fast and look for an opportunity to refresh it at < 10 secs since you'll be dealing with the RNG of silences from multiple adds, which can give you a headache (Aura Mastery can be used in an emergency to give you a 6 sec window to free heal).
All-in-all, this was definitely one of the more challenging and fun things I've done in this game (and that includes heroic end-game raiding). Will definitely be looking forward to this each week, even when I finally get Invincible, this will probably still be a regular thing to do [WTS LK 25 HC :P]!
Oh, for reference, my ilvl for my first kill was 514 iirc, 2nd was 517 (using a 502 wep each time). Using haste setup with hit cap/hard xp cap (mostly my DPS gear).
My bug does occur every time I have drudge ghouls from P1 left and enter Frostmourne room.
After 10-15 Seconds its an instant death with no obvious reason / spell / dmg incoming inside the room.
Every time I killed all the drudge ghouls with AoE (cons, HotR) it worked just fine.
Then again - every time I kill all my drudge ghouls early I have not enough DPS / AS proccs to kill him in time and
wipe to enrage. 511 Item lvl (sad I know...). I still can't survive taking all raging spirits into phase 3,
if I manage to enter last phase with 3 or more spirits alive it's pretty
much a matter of seconds - perma silence + Dmg = wipe. Can't do shit with shriek up, no CDs, no heal.
While killing all raging spirits and taking all drudge ghouls into phase 3 gave me a shit ton of AS procs
and a 30% LK - 6:30 enrage left timer (pretty damn fast - but buggy).
I can't really see how you manage to survive that spirit's shriek silence.
Its not even the Dmg, it's the silence that sucks so hard, and watching Choice's video
makes me wonder why you've got so few debuff uptime. I've got like a 1-2 seconds window without silence.
No way killing the spirits with just AoE.
Spent like the whole day on it now...