Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaslice View Post
    Soloed it twice so far. Some interesting observations: -

1) If you kill him (trigger Fury of Frostmourne) and you die, the roleplay bugs out just before Fordring should break the ice. I had to get a GM to intervene and release him. Fordring then killed the Shambling Horrors that were up and the roleplay continued normally [conclusion: Shambling Horrors be buggy, yo!];
    2) If you survive Fury of Frostmourne (did on my 2nd kill), the same roleplay bug occurs and the Lich King will remain 1 HP if you attempt to kill him. However, as before, killing the Shambling Horrors (I believe I had 4, maybe 5 alive) fixes the issue and things continue normally. Lich King instantly died after all the roleplay was complete, which I found to be somewhat amusing [conclusion: Shambling Horrors be really buggy, yo!];
    Interestingly enough, if the RP bugs, you can release and run in to kill the adds/boss without issues. I did this on my video'd kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    Then again - every time I kill all my drudge ghouls early I have not enough DPS / AS proccs to kill him in time and
    wipe to enrage. 511 Item lvl (sad I know...).
    My first solo-kill was done in 507 itemlevel (with 504 weapon), I had 30 sec left on enrage.
    I start killing Ghouls at around 45% LK's hp mark.
    As for timings, it usually goes like this:
    100-70% = 4 minutes
    First transition, 1 minute (not sure but it feels like that), I get LK to about 60%.
    60-40% = 1,5-2 minutes, sometimes even less.
    Second transition, 1 minute again, I get LK to about 29-32%, depending on luck with crits.
    That leaves me with ~7 minutes (4 harvest souls phases, if you count those out, that's still about 4 minutes of full dps time) for the last 20% of his hp.
    My kill this week was done in 516 itemlevel, and I had like 2 minutes to spare when Fury was cast.
    As for gear, I'm hit/exp hardcapped and all out haste (14383).
    Last edited by Lethora; 2013-04-01 at 07:29 AM.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

Do you guys only kill ghouls / spirits with AoE?
    Do you use glyph of focused shield for higher LK dmg or
    normal 3-target AS?
    I was doing focused shield but if I have to switch on adds,
    I consider just using normal AS and not switching -> more net DPS gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    Do you guys only kill ghouls / spirits with AoE?
    Do you use glyph of focused shield for higher LK dmg or
    normal 3-target AS?
    I was doing focused shield but if I have to switch on adds,
    I consider just using normal AS and not switching -> more net DPS gain.
    Focused shield (you can spam it from 75% till 45% usually, since it gets refreshed every 1-2 sec).
    I kill ghouls only with aoe (HotR + Consecration).
    Also using Focused Wrath (or whatever that minor glyph is called) for more dps on LK.
    I dont kill spirits or horrors. Spirits disappear when LK casts Fury of the Frostmourne, Horrors are killed normally after LK is dead.

Ok, i am being "kill commanded" inside frostmournes room, i have solo'd this multiple times already, and now everytime there is 8seconds left on being sent out i just die.

Harvest Soul damaged You 2210 Shadow.
    You died.

from full hp boom dead, thats all it has in combat log, nothing is evading, i got no clue.
    Anyone else had this?

Make sure all the ghouls are dead, I usually start spamming consecration/HotR at 45%.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Make sure all the ghouls are dead, I usually start spamming consecration/HotR at 45%.
    Hm... those are defo dead, thats the only mobs that can cause it?
    Its weird cause i really dont do anything different then i did before ;s.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-04-02 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Hm... those are defo dead, thats the only mobs that can cause it?
    Its weird cause i really dont do anything different then i did before ;s.
    I'm 99% sure it's the ghouls that cause this to happen.
    I experimented a bit and without ghouls I never got this "bug" in p3,
    but everytime I kept ghouls for more procs / dmg this pretty much always happened.
    Fight mechanics seem to be a little twisted when soloing, bet it's the same "bug" that
    causes horrors to reset hp etc.
    GM couldn't tell me if this is true, he just didn't know, but from my trys (tries?)
    (spend a whole day on it and did almost 30-40 wipes) I can almost confirm this now.

There seems to be only this one way choice used - killing ghouls with AoE before p3 starts and
    keeping spirits for max vengeance / procs, althought this is the more tricky way.
    You need to be really good at timing CDs and casting spells in that little window without shriek.
    Seems like I'm not that good pally I thought I was for not being able to kill him yet

Good thing is: need to improve -> will improve.

Had same happen to me, killling off ghouls before last phase solved issue.

Out of curiosity, how are you guys getting to p3 with ghouls still up? 80 twinks I can sort of see, but my ghouls *never* see it passed the first transition. That would explain why I never saw it occur and couldn't emulate it.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Out of curiosity, how are you guys getting to p3 with ghouls still up? 80 twinks I can sort of see, but my ghouls *never* see it passed the first transition. That would explain why I never saw it occur and couldn't emulate it.
    Don't AOE at all, it's a DPS increase on LK to keep them alive until that 2nd transition.

Dropping Cons out of your rotation for the purposes of AS procs, and AS procs alone is pretty shady, even in 5.2 it's still a significant amount of damage lost. Along with that trigger the low HP Enrages of the Horrors which then reset health in p3 would net you a far superior DPS gain, which is what I was relying on in my original kill. But hey, if you're getting kills then whatever works for you.

Well, Ghouls provide so many AS procs that my p2 rotation is usually AS>AS>AS>ShotR>AS>J>AS>ShotR>AS>AS>AS>etc

Dropping Cons out of your rotation for the purposes of AS procs, and AS procs alone is pretty shady, even in 5.2 it's still a significant amount of damage lost. Along with that trigger the low HP Enrages of the Horrors which then reset health in p3 would net you a far superior DPS gain, which is what I was relying on in my original kill. But hey, if you're getting kills then whatever works for you.
    Spamming cons is indeed an overall dps gain but a useless one (add dmg),
    and a net dps loss on LK. You will see that when you try it without,
    and check your timers. You reach transitions much faster with ghouls up,
    and it's really fun to reduce the rotation to AS AS AS shotr (esp. with focus AS glyph).

Only "problem" is to start AoEing ghouls early enough to have em down before p3.
    Esp. with shriek silence you can barely use cons later on in the fight,
    which is the main problem I still have when trying. Still waiting for the first kill...

Don't 90s have enough damage and stuff from gear to just skip p3 if you keep all the mobs from p1? I never had any issue on it, first wipe I had trying that tactic at 80 was 10.3%

I haven't done it yet with the new gear but no, I'm still quite a while off doing 30 million damage in the second transition. I'm able to get him to 28% as of last week coming into p3

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Don't 90s have enough damage and stuff from gear to just skip p3 if you keep all the mobs from p1? I never had any issue on it, first wipe I had trying that tactic at 80 was 10.3%
    No, we don't. The furthest I was able to get was 26%. So killing mobs is a must until we manage to do 100% more dps somehow in the transition phase.

Pity. How hard is avenger's shield critting these days? It's likely mine hit harder as I'm basically vengeance and crit-capped the whole time xD

Your entire toolkit would be hitting harder no? That was sort of the basis on the whole twinking shabang.

Your entire toolkit would be hitting harder no? That was sort of the basis on the whole twinking shabang.
    I doubt my CS hits harder than yours does. The whole reaosn I even managed LK was thanks to the 5.2 GC change. DPS requirements were just too high, even if I could keep at ~130k AP the whole fight. 700k Avenger's shield crits every 1sec gcd with 77% passive haste, (although anything past 50% for that purpose was wasted), kinda trivialised it.