Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't even have 130k AP for the most of the fight. It floats around 80-100k usually.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 92 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

Updated for 5.2 - additions or edits are bold.

- Mention is made to the GC stacking strategy
    - Mention is made to the bug caused in p3 by aforementioned strategy
    - Noted the triviality of killing the spirits as was done in my original kills

Hope this guide continues to benefit people. Cheers.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

High Overlord
    Thanks for the guide, encouraged me to go there and try - eventhough I wasn't convinced I can do it, after comparing my 11k buffed haste in ~508ilvl (no hardcaps ofc lol, retri gear) to your gear.
    So far killed it 2 times - on first kill managed to survive last 4% on berserk, while performing "omg-soul-reaper-inc LoH-AM-DP-AD-GoTAK" combo, ~250k melee hits + 600k Soul Reapers are just brute. This week kill went way easier - according to log timestamps I had over 1min to berserk - ignored T2 Spirits and just tried to push sacred shield between silences.
    On 2nd kill got funny bug - I survived fury of frostmourne (probably cooldowns, it slapped me for 425k). Was hoping the horrors will go away gently as on first kill, but nope. Lich King's roleplay started and stucked just before Tirion should release. Well, brought LK to 1hp in the meanwhile (he's trully invincible past that point), but when last horror died, Tirion woke up and started the "light give me strength" part. Just after that it was possible to finish the work.

Anyway.
    Tip #1 - If roleplay bugs, kill creatures left (spirits and ghosts disappeared after fury of frostmorune, somehow) before arsing a GM.
    Tip #2 - Figured it out after wiping few times just after getting out from Frostmourne due to lack cds + silence and LK+4h+~6spirits+ghosts attacking me. Inside frostmourne dont soak any dmg. When I enter it, I have around 70-80k vengeance, and I just refresh sacred shield on last sec of Vengeance (gives like ~70k absorb I think). When ghost or bomb hits me for mere 20k, Vengeance duration is refreshed, but its like 2k.. For me this way was way smoother, even if its only 1 or 2 "ticks" of s-shield left after leaving the Frostmourne.
    Last edited by Michalus; 2013-04-14 at 05:14 PM.

Getting to P3 consistently, then I go inside and I'm killed by Harvest Soul, not entirely sure what causes this, is it the vargul mobs?

Never mind, it was the ghouls.
    Last edited by Rasstapp; 2013-04-16 at 06:12 PM.

Just did this tonight with 515 ilvl, not had so much fun in solo a encounter in a long time, hit enrage once as well cause of a slipup
    and the Shambling Horror bug at the RP at the end scared me but i just had to run inn and Kill them : p tirion is scared of Shambling Horrors
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos and Lets Plays

I just soloed it in 12 mins without hitting enrage in full Ret gear in Prot spec. I've used a similar but more riskier guide than yours. I just kept ghouls, Shambling horrors and Raging Spirits alive for more vengeance and 95% procs for instant Avenger Shields. I ate the whole duration of Defile and silences from Raging souls. At that point I had like 160k+ vengeance and still at 95%+ HP. Used the Eternal Flame talent because who doesn't love to have a hot that heals you for 90k-120k each 2.50 secs for 30 secs that can even crit! Killed ghouls when I was about to hit phase 3 because of that bug that kills you inside Frostmourne if ghouls are still alive.
    Last edited by Arganos9211; 2013-04-20 at 10:24 PM.

Quick question here: as of this lockout, how do you guys handle the lockout progression? Are you full clearing the raid (bar LK) solo in 10s or 25s, and if so what difficulty? I've heard some mixed things about the raid not swapping sizes and whatnot so I wanted to ask. (:

High Overlord
    How I'm keeping the lockout to avoid clearing it every single week:

First week:
    - 10/12 10N alone
    - took char from my other account to come inside for 11th boss, also 10N (you can ask a friend for example) - seems to me you can also clear it on 25N or mixed 10/25N, just don't touch HC mode
    - friend/alt leaves the party, you leave the instance, switch to 25HC, enter instance accept the save, nuke the Lich King

Next weeks:
    - Friend/alt invites you as a raid leader, extends the 11/12 lockout, and sets raid difficulty to 25H, BUT IS NOT ENTERING INSTANCE
    - You enter, accept 11/12 progress, friend leaves the group, and you nuke the Lich King

If you don't have 2 accounts, it's also doable on single account, but you need someone to help you with doing you+you raid and probably kill 11th boss on your alt. And every single week asking someone to help you with group so lockout can be copied. It's way easier with 2 accounts. Most important thing is don't touch any HC before LK. Obvious reasons.

Thing with not swaping raidsize/difficulty happens when you have no group and you're saved on heroic mode (ofc you can't change raidsize inside the instance, only difficulty). It tends to set back to lockout values while entering instance. Getting a raidgroup forces the size/difficulty, if that's the problem.
    Last edited by Michalus; 2013-04-21 at 07:21 AM.

Since originally posting this I've been able to kill BQL on 10 normal along with dreamwalker(thus able to clear 11/12 by myself), I personally still clear it weekly just before it's some alright gold and it's a chance to unwind. I can vouch for the above strategy working though.

Had no issues with transferring lock outs.

Grunt
    It's possible to re-use an 11/12 normal lockout and clone that to extend to a 25HC lockout using only a single account. It involves using some silly Blizzard Logic (nothing hard, just something you wouldn't really think to do). But if you have a friend, you can just xfer it the usual way as explained above (friend invites, you enter, he passes lead, invite friend's other toon, kick 1st character, convert to heroic (it should be on 25N player before entering)).
    Last edited by Novaslice; 2013-04-21 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling

I would just like to say thanks alot for the guide.

I just got my first kill- and i was thinking 'dam that was a fun fight, im looking foward to doing it again and again'

Then I notice Invincible dropped first try!!!!

Killed him for the 1st time tonight, at the had standard RP bug so I had to run back and kill horros to unfreeze it, but during that I noticed that LK started to get his health over time. By the time I was done with horrors he was 100% again, but RP continued as usual jsut had to go though his entire hp pool again to actualy kill him. Any idea what may have caused that?

Can't say exactly what did it, I assume when you say you ran back you're saying you killed yourself and zoned back in?

Just to clarify for the future, the RP bugs when you survive Fury with Horrors still alive. Tirion won't break free until all horrors are dead, as soon as they die the RP will continue. I can only assume that the reset was due to you running back. Should it happen again simply kill the horrors and the RP *should* continue.

And congratulations Tomhvk on the mount.

I had similar issue. When you run back, just hit LK once while you are dealing with the Horrors. That puts him in combat and stops his hp regen. He only heals for 2-3% for the time you spent running back if you do it fast.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 92 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

GG bro. So, with 520 ilvl, should be no issue? Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by 0966adamm View Post
    GG bro. So, with 520 ilvl, should be no issue? Looking forward to this!
    I did it in 528 ilvl gear only 9 tries (which i consider to be VERY quick), and made ALOT of mistakes, so 520 should be easy

High Overlord
    My first kill was at 507ilvl with 496MH and 489Shield . Now it's around 515, mostly retri gear (still sucking mainhand).
    There's a lot of rng at this fight, mostly because of raging spirits. I tend to kill one of spirits from each transition to reduce a bit chance to get silence-locked when needing a heal.
    Haste have biggest impact there imo. With ~120k AP, next 3k AP won't differ much, but couple% of haste will do. You won't jump over rng rly, if things will go very bad, you will die anyway

LK solo is old, id like to see Gunship solod that would be more impressive

This is pretty awesome. I might have to consider reconstructing a protection set just to give it a try.

Thanks for the guide, finally had some time to do this and got him on the 6th pull. I'm retarded and forgot what shadow traps did on the first one, lol.

The eternal flame tip was nice, i hit the berserk twice, after going eternal flame and execution sentence I got him to 10% with 3 mins remaining, but experienced the bug where all the shamblers were still up so I had to release and run back, kill them, then the rp finished and I could finish off lk.

I felt like I wasted so much time in the harvest soul room, but I couldn't kill the spirits any faster than I was in order to get out.

Thanks again, well done, I look forward to running it weekly!

Ironially, I did wipe more soloing gunship, than I did on LK haha, but I did just solo everything on 10man then zoned out and swapped it to heroic 25m.