Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Only reason I killed him was when he berserked I got enough vengeance to get a 1.3m avengers shield crit
    Are you standing in defile? are you using focused sheild? are you keeping adds up (not aoeing except to kill ghouls?) I finish the fight with a lot of time to spare, although you might be having trouble with only 20% haste anyway.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Don't forget that you won't be able to do it in 5.4 on low-level toon anymore, since vengeance will be capped at 50% hp in 25H.
    It's still up in the air really, I'd say it's a safe bet that it won't be possible. But with the amount of mobs you get on you at near avoidance cap, you already has significant GC output, but there's enough globals free right now to gain a significant benefit. But yeah, still be losing around 70k AP at level 80.

It's a long shot, and I'd agree the 85 is a safer option.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    Are you standing in defile? are you using focused sheild? are you keeping adds up (not aoeing except to kill ghouls?) I finish the fight with a lot of time to spare, although you might be having trouble with only 20% haste anyway.
    I'm standing in it when I think I'm not going to die but phase 3 is always so dodgy for me I have to play super defensive sometimes. And yeah I use focused shield and wrath and I think I only killed one raging spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Why would I want a mount I can’t see?
    Good question.
    Made my day!

OT: great guide, once ive leveled my paladin, ill try it
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

High Overlord
    Don't forget that you won't be able to do it in 5.4 on low-level toon anymore, since vengeance will be capped at 50% hp in 25H.
    Easy math after 3 beers - At ~250k vengeance it takes me ~40-45secs to bring him down from 40 to 10%. I should be able to meet dps requirement even <200k V, and tbh you have around 65-70secs there anyway (ice ring cast, transition, quake, few secs of p3 before first teleport to frostmourne), never counted it though.

Without all gear that I have planned to get, I'm currently at around 280k hp unbuffed at 420ilvl (with 1 stamina trinket - as far as I remember those 'end time' instances drop one trinket with stamina, and I soloed first of them without problems, so should be able to solo rest). Bit more gear, +stamina gems instead of haste ones (I still have no professions btw - bs+jc incoming) and 400k hp in instance is quite real to get.
    On-use proc from brooch is next 36k hp (+18k vengeance cap) for 20secs.

I would wait till 5.4 before possting that it will be impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Scoliopteryx View Post
    Spent a few hours trying to do this yesterday and the closest I got was a few % off a kill then enrage happened. Currently at 524ilvl in prot. Not sure what I'm doing wrong really, I tried killing off some raging spirits for less silencing which helps a bit but enrage catches up on me. Sometimes the horrors 2 shot me as soon as I get out of Frostmourne but I guess thats RNG.

Ahh well, will try more later on or something.

Edit: Tried again for another few hours, still haven't got anywhere. Tried the tactic Kittycovox said above and was off 0.5% a kill before getting ported into Frostmourne and yeah, insta death . Never got that close again in the rest of the attempts damnit.
    Best advice I can give for this fight, that makes it incredibly easy for me. Might not be the most ideal way of doing things, but it works :P

Do not AOE at all during this, just pure single target on the boss and Judgement on the Ice Spheres. Try to keep SS or EF on you, but tbh when you're spamming SoTR the damage feels minimal.

Phase 1: Prolong this for 8-9 mins, let as many adds spawn as possible.
    Phase 1-2 Transition: Move to the middle. Pure DPS on LK, and macro Judgement to target Ice Spheres. I have AS and SoTR macro'd so they automatically target The Lich King just to be safe. Do NOT use DPS cooldowns here, you need them later.
    Phase 2: Stay in the middle, this phase should be very short if you continue to AS + SoTR spam LK.
    Phase 2-3 Transition: Pop Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger, go all out on LK (continue to attack Spheres with Judgement). He should be dead before Phase 3 starts.

When you hit 10% and get instadeath the adds will still be up which causes the fight to bug, wait for the RP to finish then just release and run back in, go up to the throne and kill the adds THEN kill LK, because afaik you still have to wait for that Paladin guy to break out of the ice otherwise the loot can bug.

I use the Haste elixir and 200 Haste food buff, around 28% haste buffed I think, and a Runescroll of Fortitude. I've only got 510ilvl and have one shot this fight 3 times now using that strat.
    Last edited by quikbunny; 2013-07-12 at 08:00 AM.

High Overlord
    RP bug occurs when adds (that reset after death to fury of frostmourne) stand too close to tirion and somehow keep him in combat. Tank it on top of throne to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Easy math after 3 beers - At ~250k vengeance it takes me ~40-45secs to bring him down from 40 to 10%. I should be able to meet dps requirement even <200k V, and tbh you have around 65-70secs there anyway (ice ring cast, transition, quake, few secs of p3 before first teleport to frostmourne), never counted it though.

Without all gear that I have planned to get, I'm currently at around 280k hp unbuffed at 420ilvl (with 1 stamina trinket - as far as I remember those 'end time' instances drop one trinket with stamina, and I soloed first of them without problems, so should be able to solo rest). Bit more gear, +stamina gems instead of haste ones (I still have no professions btw - bs+jc incoming) and 400k hp in instance is quite real to get.
    On-use proc from brooch is next 36k hp (+18k vengeance cap) for 20secs.

I would wait till 5.4 before possting that it will be impossible
    I was under impression that lvl 85 toons have around 200k hp. Been a while since Cata finished, I don't even remember the hp values. My bad :P
    But I'm pretty sure it will be impossible for lvl 80s.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

I was under impression that lvl 85 toons have around 200k hp. Been a while since Cata finished, I don't even remember the hp values. My bad :P
    But I'm pretty sure it will be impossible for lvl 80s.
    I've got 461k on my 85 with the ICC buff :P

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Best advice I can give for this fight, that makes it incredibly easy for me. Might not be the most ideal way of doing things, but it works :P

Do not AOE at all during this, just pure single target on the boss and Judgement on the Ice Spheres. Try to keep SS or EF on you, but tbh when you're spamming SoTR the damage feels minimal.

Phase 1-2 Transition: Move to the middle. Pure DPS on LK, and macro Judgement to target Ice Spheres. I have AS and SoTR macro'd so they automatically target The Lich King just to be safe. Do NOT use DPS cooldowns here, you need them later.
    Phase 2: Stay in the middle, this phase should be very short if you continue to AS + SoTR spam LK.
    Phase 2-3 Transition: Pop Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger, go all out on LK (continue to attack Spheres with Judgement). He should be dead before Phase 3 starts.

When you hit 10% and get instadeath the adds will still be up which causes the fight to bug, wait for the RP to finish then just release and run back in, go up to the throne and kill the adds THEN kill LK, because afaik you still have to wait for that Paladin guy to break out of the ice otherwise the loot can bug.

I use the Haste elixir and 200 Haste food buff, around 28% haste buffed I think, and a Runescroll of Fortitude. I've only got 510ilvl and have one shot this fight 3 times now using that strat.
    Cheers for the advice, just downed him using this tactic . I think the issue I had before was using AW/HA too early I guess.

Hmm i assume with that many adds up you literally don't use crusader strike or judgement (besides on orbs) at all then. Awesome.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

It's a great strat and I'll probably use it next week but it seems like it would take some of the fun out of the fight.

I can no longer switch from 10man normal to 25 heroic, it tells me
    "You are ineligible to participate in at least one encounter in this instance
    because you are already locked to an instance in which it has been defeated."

Any hints on that please?

Just did 11/12 10 normal and wanted to switch.
    I can only switch to 10man heroic...
    | Lychnuchus | Männlych | Natürlych | Gebrechlych |

f'*$% your infractions, my signature was smaller than 500x100 and >50 kb. Someone needs a life.

dude.. just switch to 25man and then 25hc

/facepalm

Thanks...
    | Lychnuchus | Männlych | Natürlych | Gebrechlych |

f'*$% your infractions, my signature was smaller than 500x100 and >50 kb. Someone needs a life.

Used this strat tonight for my first go at this, made the fight extremely trivial. The only hard part about it was not falling asleep before the 9 minute marker.

Did it at 508 ilvl, and with all the buffs listed above I was at just over 20% haste, still was no problem at all. Also the runescroll isn't necessary as you never get anywhere near with vengeance (I think the highest I saw was 150k AP from vengeance and I was at 827k hp). Me personally I ran the 1 defile out of the middle because my 2nd attempt at it I died to an ice sphere and I'm blaming defile for messing with my tunnel vision.

Also as someone else had mentioned if you tank him at the top of the throne at 10% all of the adds return to their spawn point, and this will make it so Tirion will break out of the ice at the appropriate time (also this makes it so you can eat all of the shadow traps because the knockback won't send you anywhere). There is no need to kill the adds at all after you rez as the first time I did this on my 80 twink paladin I was afraid to touch that mob of adds up there and left them alone until after I killed LK and he still had loot on him.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

Finally got around to giving LK 10 Heroic a shot at solo tonight, since I was missing Bane of the Fallen King. Went through most of ICC in 10-man, but did do 25-man Deathbringer for the 'Full house' achievement (which I didn't have), and switched to ret for some bosses.

It's my first time soloing anything beyond Gunship on the Paladin, but I remembered most of the fights from Wrath. So, I got to the LK, and decided on 10-man. My prot gear is only 489 and until yesterday, I had a PVP shield, and the blue 1H mace from a scenario or such (one of the quests). Replaced those with the Elegon Axe and Steelskin shield. My health was around 688K total, and I was using the traditional mastery gearing purely for survival reasons. Overall DPS through to the 10% mark was 59K, so fairly low, but then again, 10-man and not as greatly geared as I wished. Survival was the key, and it was a real challenge for me. I'd say the only thing more frustrating was Kanrethad on my lock.

I opted for Divine purpose simply for the fact I noticed myself not using HA on cooldown. At one point I got 5 procs in a row, all of which went on ShoR. Most commonly I'd get 2 or 3 procs in a row. I also opted for Holy Prism with a macro to cast on myself. This was both for the healing and the AoE damage. The shorter cooldown than my usual choice of ES meant it became more regular.

I initially struggled during the Frostmourne phase. As others have mentioned, the ghouls are what cause it to bug out - all of them need to be dead before you get ported in. It took me several attempts and eventually finding this thread to figure out what was wrong. Following that, I had a few problems with Infest. I noticed that although I stayed >90% most of the time, an infest would usually hit around the same time as I got hit by several of the adds. Unless I could hold them off and get myself up above 90% within a few seconds, the slippery slope would start and I'd wipe. It was totally unrecoverable on most attempts.

Eventually, I decided that to be on the safe side, I'd just avoid the defile. Sure the damage is extra vengeance, but it's extra damage that I feel was working against me due to the Infest. On the kill attempt, I had 3 Frostmourne phases, and every single one was so perfectly timed, as it allowed me to heal up to full without worrying about the damn silence. On one of the phases, I was at 11% when I got ported in.

LK get's to 12%, I get another Frostmourne phase, clear it, and then keep dragging him around the edge. He get's to 10%, kills me, and I noted that all of the Shambling Horrors (I called them Dave, Earl, Ryan, and Pete, or DERP for short) spread out. 2 went to stand on the stairs, another stood on the far right side of the platform, and the other stood where I died on the far left side of the platform. The RP continued, Tirion broke out, I got ressed, and the horrors didn't aggro until I forced them to (I figure that the last 3M was going super slow, so use them for vengeance again). Finished him off, looted, and all I got was 2 crappy daggers and a DK token.

Something to note regarding the 'final' phase spirits - they DO have a leash range. Arthas dropped the first set in the middle, and I kited him around the outside for that phase. Every time the spirits would aggro, they'd reset shortly before getting to me. Some hit from time to time, but being able to avoid getting chain bombed by them reduced a lot of the damage. The damage wasn't enough to kill me even when they all decided to hit me anyway, but avoiding it still saved me the hassle of dealing with the damage and trying to get off a heal in between the silences.

I had hoped that I'd be able to solo "Been waiting a long time for this" in 25 as well, but without the plague, that's a no go. However, solo killing him has proven that I can do it, and given me more of a reason to go and finish off my prot set. I figure once 5.4 hits and I get 520+, I'll be able to consider 25 heroic. I originally started getting my prot gear sorted to finish off the Ulduar 25 Meta (only need Steelbreaker, Crazy Cat Lady, and the Vezax one - Vezax will be the most difficult without a doubt, kinda wish they'd fix it so Prot Paladins weren't in such a bad spot for this fight compared to other tanks).
    Ex-coder, gamer - Stepped away from dev.
    Done/Planned: Leedsfest 2014, Mallory Knox (Nov 2014), Deaf Havana (Dec 2014) | Upcoming: Soundwave (Feb 2015)
    Awaiting UK/EU tour dates: Of Mice and Men, Jimmy Eat World, Architects (>Mar. 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    If NSA is building my profile from tonight's "browsing habits", they're in for a treat: women with three breasts, men with two penises, fake nipples...

I'm currently farming this on 2 lvl 90's and 6 lvl 85 twinks. That mount shall be mine.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    I'm currently farming this on 2 lvl 90's and 6 lvl 85 twinks. That mount shall be mine.
    Hah thought only I'm the bonkers one [90pala, 90dk, 90drood + 3x 85pala + 2x leveling pala] on main account + [3x 85pala + 2x leveling pala] on 2nd account to boost on dualbox my toons that cant solo it (was tied with RaF, so why not..)

// Half-offtop..
    Besides.. I was always weak in calc of probability so not sure..
    If theres let's say x=2% chance that something will happen, so 98% chance that something wont happen, so in lets say 10 tries = (0.98)^10 that it won't happen, so in 10 tries it will be [1 - (0.98)^10] (=~18.3%) that it will happen? XD

<= 5 years of IT studies /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post

Also, unless it was just a fluke, I think they may of fixed the issue of Tiron not breaking out of his prison with adds still up and close to him.
    Last edited by fierceangelx; 2013-07-25 at 06:50 AM.