Without all gear that I have planned to get, I'm currently at around 280k hp unbuffed at 420ilvl (with 1 stamina trinket - as far as I remember those 'end time' instances drop one trinket with stamina, and I soloed first of them without problems, so should be able to solo rest). Bit more gear, +stamina gems instead of haste ones (I still have no professions btw - bs+jc incoming) and 400k hp in instance is quite real to get.
On-use proc from brooch is next 36k hp (+18k vengeance cap) for 20secs.
I would wait till 5.4 before possting that it will be impossible
Do not AOE at all during this, just pure single target on the boss and Judgement on the Ice Spheres. Try to keep SS or EF on you, but tbh when you're spamming SoTR the damage feels minimal.
Phase 1: Prolong this for 8-9 mins, let as many adds spawn as possible.
Phase 1-2 Transition: Move to the middle. Pure DPS on LK, and macro Judgement to target Ice Spheres. I have AS and SoTR macro'd so they automatically target The Lich King just to be safe. Do NOT use DPS cooldowns here, you need them later.
Phase 2: Stay in the middle, this phase should be very short if you continue to AS + SoTR spam LK.
Phase 2-3 Transition: Pop Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger, go all out on LK (continue to attack Spheres with Judgement). He should be dead before Phase 3 starts.
When you hit 10% and get instadeath the adds will still be up which causes the fight to bug, wait for the RP to finish then just release and run back in, go up to the throne and kill the adds THEN kill LK, because afaik you still have to wait for that Paladin guy to break out of the ice otherwise the loot can bug.
I use the Haste elixir and 200 Haste food buff, around 28% haste buffed I think, and a Runescroll of Fortitude. I've only got 510ilvl and have one shot this fight 3 times now using that strat.
Last edited by quikbunny; 2013-07-12 at 08:00 AM.
RP bug occurs when adds (that reset after death to fury of frostmourne) stand too close to tirion and somehow keep him in combat. Tank it on top of throne to avoid that.
I can no longer switch from 10man normal to 25 heroic, it tells me
"You are ineligible to participate in at least one encounter in this instance
because you are already locked to an instance in which it has been defeated."
Any hints on that please?
Just did 11/12 10 normal and wanted to switch.
I can only switch to 10man heroic...
dude.. just switch to 25man and then 25hc
Did it at 508 ilvl, and with all the buffs listed above I was at just over 20% haste, still was no problem at all. Also the runescroll isn't necessary as you never get anywhere near with vengeance (I think the highest I saw was 150k AP from vengeance and I was at 827k hp). Me personally I ran the 1 defile out of the middle because my 2nd attempt at it I died to an ice sphere and I'm blaming defile for messing with my tunnel vision.
Also as someone else had mentioned if you tank him at the top of the throne at 10% all of the adds return to their spawn point, and this will make it so Tirion will break out of the ice at the appropriate time (also this makes it so you can eat all of the shadow traps because the knockback won't send you anywhere). There is no need to kill the adds at all after you rez as the first time I did this on my 80 twink paladin I was afraid to touch that mob of adds up there and left them alone until after I killed LK and he still had loot on him.
Finally got around to giving LK 10 Heroic a shot at solo tonight, since I was missing Bane of the Fallen King. Went through most of ICC in 10-man, but did do 25-man Deathbringer for the 'Full house' achievement (which I didn't have), and switched to ret for some bosses.
It's my first time soloing anything beyond Gunship on the Paladin, but I remembered most of the fights from Wrath. So, I got to the LK, and decided on 10-man. My prot gear is only 489 and until yesterday, I had a PVP shield, and the blue 1H mace from a scenario or such (one of the quests). Replaced those with the Elegon Axe and Steelskin shield. My health was around 688K total, and I was using the traditional mastery gearing purely for survival reasons. Overall DPS through to the 10% mark was 59K, so fairly low, but then again, 10-man and not as greatly geared as I wished. Survival was the key, and it was a real challenge for me. I'd say the only thing more frustrating was Kanrethad on my lock.
I opted for Divine purpose simply for the fact I noticed myself not using HA on cooldown. At one point I got 5 procs in a row, all of which went on ShoR. Most commonly I'd get 2 or 3 procs in a row. I also opted for Holy Prism with a macro to cast on myself. This was both for the healing and the AoE damage. The shorter cooldown than my usual choice of ES meant it became more regular.
I initially struggled during the Frostmourne phase. As others have mentioned, the ghouls are what cause it to bug out - all of them need to be dead before you get ported in. It took me several attempts and eventually finding this thread to figure out what was wrong. Following that, I had a few problems with Infest. I noticed that although I stayed >90% most of the time, an infest would usually hit around the same time as I got hit by several of the adds. Unless I could hold them off and get myself up above 90% within a few seconds, the slippery slope would start and I'd wipe. It was totally unrecoverable on most attempts.
Eventually, I decided that to be on the safe side, I'd just avoid the defile. Sure the damage is extra vengeance, but it's extra damage that I feel was working against me due to the Infest. On the kill attempt, I had 3 Frostmourne phases, and every single one was so perfectly timed, as it allowed me to heal up to full without worrying about the damn silence. On one of the phases, I was at 11% when I got ported in.
LK get's to 12%, I get another Frostmourne phase, clear it, and then keep dragging him around the edge. He get's to 10%, kills me, and I noted that all of the Shambling Horrors (I called them Dave, Earl, Ryan, and Pete, or DERP for short) spread out. 2 went to stand on the stairs, another stood on the far right side of the platform, and the other stood where I died on the far left side of the platform. The RP continued, Tirion broke out, I got ressed, and the horrors didn't aggro until I forced them to (I figure that the last 3M was going super slow, so use them for vengeance again). Finished him off, looted, and all I got was 2 crappy daggers and a DK token.
Something to note regarding the 'final' phase spirits - they DO have a leash range. Arthas dropped the first set in the middle, and I kited him around the outside for that phase. Every time the spirits would aggro, they'd reset shortly before getting to me. Some hit from time to time, but being able to avoid getting chain bombed by them reduced a lot of the damage. The damage wasn't enough to kill me even when they all decided to hit me anyway, but avoiding it still saved me the hassle of dealing with the damage and trying to get off a heal in between the silences.
I had hoped that I'd be able to solo "Been waiting a long time for this" in 25 as well, but without the plague, that's a no go. However, solo killing him has proven that I can do it, and given me more of a reason to go and finish off my prot set. I figure once 5.4 hits and I get 520+, I'll be able to consider 25 heroic. I originally started getting my prot gear sorted to finish off the Ulduar 25 Meta (only need Steelbreaker, Crazy Cat Lady, and the Vezax one - Vezax will be the most difficult without a doubt, kinda wish they'd fix it so Prot Paladins weren't in such a bad spot for this fight compared to other tanks).
JS Full Stack Developer: MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS V1 (MVC), Nodejs, ES5, ES6, Electron, JQuery, Socket.IO
I'm currently farming this on 2 lvl 90's and 6 lvl 85 twinks. That mount shall be mine.
Besides.. I was always weak in calc of probability so not sure..
If theres let's say x=2% chance that something will happen, so 98% chance that something wont happen, so in lets say 10 tries = (0.98)^10 that it won't happen, so in 10 tries it will be [1 - (0.98)^10] (=~18.3%) that it will happen? XD
<= 5 years of IT studies /facepalm
Still happened to me yesterday, never been a problem though. Just release, run in and kill all the adds and then go on LK (don't bring him down to low, kill him after Tirion starts autoattacking as sometimes LK resets and Tirion might get the only killing blow and steal your kill.. outside of the placing statue thing)
Gratz with mount
What I actually do now besides spawning adds on the edge (so they run there on RP) to speed up the kill by ~2minutes: I pop all CDs to survive Fury, beat LK down to 0.5% and then happily die. Adds run out, RP continues, I get ressed and finish LK with couple of hits. My average kill time went from 17.5-18 minutes (that's including RP and finishing Horrors off) to 14-15minutes (depending on whether I get 3rd Frostmourne phase or not).
I can't survive in the last phase of transition(with quikbunny strat)..iam constantly silenced. Any tips?
Last edited by keyblade9891; 2013-07-25 at 11:06 AM.