Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Some good news for everyone who doesn't have an Paladin alt with iLv 540+:

    Finally managed to re-kill him in 5.4.

    I did it with iLv 520 - no legendary Meta, no Legendary Cloak or any else.
    Pre 5.4 I had about 2 Minutes left for Enrage. I knew that it would be pretty hard now with the vengeance nerf so I prepared my alt with some DPS Stuff.
    Started up with Seal of Truth till the first Transition phase and switched to Seal of Insight. Used EF instead of SS.
    Used the following Glyph Setup: Focused Shield (So obvious!), Double Jeopardy and Alabaster Shield. I also used Holy Avenger for another DPS CD, and Holy Prism instead of Execution Sentence. Also consumed Flask of Winter's Bite and the 300 BuffFood and Str Potions. In addition I used the new implemented Drums of Rage (25% Bloodlust) twice: Right after the pull, when both of my Trinkets were up, and after you first leave Frostmourne.
    I prepared the ghouls to die during the 1st and 2nd phase, killed them some seconds before the 2nd transition ended.
    At 12,5% he enraged right after I got teleported back from Frostmourne, used LoH after I dropped to 10% HP due to the silence, popped my 50% CD and killed him.
    So yea.. don't give up, guys. It is still doable.

    Sadly, Invincible didn't dropped.

    Regards,
    Nekkid
    Last edited by Nekkid; 2013-09-20 at 04:12 PM.

  2. #342
    Managed to do this with an iLvl of 526. Legendary DPS Cloak and Meta. Only had Str Flask and Haste food, nothing else. Specced Eternal Flame and used Seal of Truth during Phase 1, switched to Insight in Phase 2. Ghouls were all dead before Phase 2 started from the cloak, and a couple concencrates. Had 20 seconds left on enrage. Just focused LK the whole fight, only switching to kill Icy Spheres.

    The fights how it was back when I started doing it at ~510 iLvl. Requires a bit of luck on the silences to be successful.

  3. #343
    Dreadlord Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    808
    I had ~4 minutes to spare pre-patch.
    Post-patch I barely made the enrage timer with 551 itemlevel. Mount dropped though, I'm never coming back there again. At least alone.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I had ~4 minutes to spare pre-patch.
    Post-patch I barely made the enrage timer with 551 itemlevel. Mount dropped though, I'm never coming back there again. At least alone.
    How much did your heart race when you saw mount drop ? Did you slap your keys like a drunken retarded monkey ?

    Also, grats.

    My PC and Steam | Feel free to add me

  5. #345
    Bloodsail Admiral Sarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    How much did your heart race when you saw mount drop ? Did you slap your keys like a drunken retarded monkey ?

    Also, grats.
    I bet he just let out a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to do it anymore

  6. #346
    Dreadlord Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    I bet he just let out a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to do it anymore
    Yep, exactly this. Well and I was a wee bit happy too, since it happened just before I took 1 week break from wow and went travelling around Europe.
    Also, it was only 30th kill, so I consider myself lucky. I've been farming Anzu and Attumen far longer (and on multiple chars) and they still refuse to drop their stuff.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  7. #347
    526 Ilevel, and can't get passed 20% before zerker. Man, such a difference. I was killing multiple times before nerfs
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

    - A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

  8. #348
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    526 Ilevel, and can't get passed 20% before zerker. Man, such a difference. I was killing multiple times before nerfs
    550 gear will solve it

    That said most Prot soloers have moved on past LK at this point... but still this OP was an amazing job back in 510 gear!

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    526 Ilevel, and can't get passed 20% before zerker. Man, such a difference. I was killing multiple times before nerfs
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekkid View Post
    Some good news for everyone who doesn't have an Paladin alt with iLv 540+:

    Finally managed to re-kill him in 5.4.

    I did it with iLv 520 - no legendary Meta, no Legendary Cloak or any else.
    Pre 5.4 I had about 2 Minutes left for Enrage. I knew that it would be pretty hard now with the vengeance nerf so I prepared my alt with some DPS Stuff.
    Started up with Seal of Truth till the first Transition phase and switched to Seal of Insight. Used EF instead of SS.
    Used the following Glyph Setup: Focused Shield (So obvious!), Double Jeopardy and Alabaster Shield. I also used Holy Avenger for another DPS CD, and Holy Prism instead of Execution Sentence. Also consumed Flask of Winter's Bite and the 300 BuffFood and Str Potions. In addition I used the new implemented Drums of Rage (25% Bloodlust) twice: Right after the pull, when both of my Trinkets were up, and after you first leave Frostmourne.
    I prepared the ghouls to die during the 1st and 2nd phase, killed them some seconds before the 2nd transition ended.
    At 12,5% he enraged right after I got teleported back from Frostmourne, used LoH after I dropped to 10% HP due to the silence, popped my 50% CD and killed him.
    So yea.. don't give up, guys. It is still doable.


    Regards,
    Nekkid
    At 10% he goes for rp, as u know, so tanking the last 10% is a peace of cake - but also requires a bit of luck due to random silence -with cooldowns up.
    Last edited by Nekkid; 2013-11-21 at 01:27 PM.

  10. #350
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    125
    Hello, guys, since I didn't fine next information at the 1st post, I would like to ask you here about it how to be done these days. I don't have time for serious pve but I'm able to save 1 k valors every week:

    1. Is it possible to solo 25 hc being geared to 522 valor prot gear + rest pieces for justice (not purchasabel for VP) + pvp shield + pvp 1 handler? And should I upgrade this gear 2/2?
    2. A sub-question - is it possible to get somewhere any modern epic pve tank weapon + shield apart 25 LFR? Just don't have time for it
    3. Should I use crusader strike to do most damage straight to LK or this aoe 25% weapon strike all the way?
    4. 90 tier talent - what is the best, self-target Prism or rest 2?
    5. 60 tier talent - still HA or may be Divine Purpose?
    6. Can it be done this way - I ask random players to buff me +5% stats, stamina, 5% crit from a monk and rush inside cleared ICC? A bit noobish question but I don't really know if I keep these buffs saved once Im in

    And a question I never really understood but its an offtopic one: why Riposte isn't given to prot palas?

    Thanks a lot

  11. #351
    Well me and a friend. Prot Paladin/Blood Dk just two manned the boss. We both have Lfr gear and nearly hit the enrage timer. Anyway the mount dropped and I won it.


    [ Characters→1 2 3 4 - Movies→1 2 3 4 - Gaming Music→1 2 ]

  12. #352
    Just downed him as ret at 546 ilevel. I had been one-shotting this for weeks as prot before 5.4. Took about six months off and just came back to the game in January, and I've been unable to do it as prot since then.

    Set up for single target DPS, although I glyphed Divine Storm because it provides a good bit of healing during the first two phases. The main changes from prot were just that you kill the Raging Spirits and stay up on the steps to the throne during transitions instead of following him to the center, and use Seal of Truth whenever no spirits are up or you feel comfortable. I had to use LoH once. Had over two minutes left before the enrage.

  13. #353
    So in current gear levels (I'm normal geared) would it be easier to solo Heroic Lich King as prot or ret?

  14. #354
    Stood in the Fire UnderworldSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewka View Post
    So in current gear levels (I'm normal geared) would it be easier to solo Heroic Lich King as prot or ret?
    You'd have a much easier time as Protection. Retribution isn't going to have enough sustain to solo it without a considerable amount more effort.

  15. #355
    anyone else getting oneshotted by harvest soul inside Frostmourne room for 1000 mil dmg. doesn't happen all the time.

  16. #356
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere, Europe
    Posts
    127
    Sounds like ghouls left alive on the platform.

  17. #357
    nah just killed it now, 2 min left on enrage, had ghouls up all the time.
    Massive difference when i swapped all my gems to pure strenght. As much strenght as possible makes so much difference.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Osirys View Post
    nah just killed it now, 2 min left on enrage, had ghouls up all the time.
    Massive difference when i swapped all my gems to pure strenght. As much strenght as possible makes so much difference.
    You're not supposed to leave ghouls up. They are exactly what caused you to get one-shot inside of frostmourne.

  19. #359
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewka View Post
    So in current gear levels (I'm normal geared) would it be easier to solo Heroic Lich King as prot or ret?
    Normal gear = 553? You'd actually have it easier as Ret (assuming a legendary cloak).

  20. #360
    Bloodsail Admiral Sarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    You'd have a much easier time as Protection. Retribution isn't going to have enough sustain to solo it without a considerable amount more effort.
    Ehhh I dunno back when 5.4 came around it was much easier as ret than prot and it's only gotten easier

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •