Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osirys View Post
    nah just killed it now, 2 min left on enrage, had ghouls up all the time.
    Massive difference when i swapped all my gems to pure strenght. As much strenght as possible makes so much difference.
    You're not supposed to leave ghouls up. They are exactly what caused you to get one-shot inside of frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewka View Post
    So in current gear levels (I'm normal geared) would it be easier to solo Heroic Lich King as prot or ret?
    Normal gear = 553? You'd actually have it easier as Ret (assuming a legendary cloak).

Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    You'd have a much easier time as Protection. Retribution isn't going to have enough sustain to solo it without a considerable amount more effort.
    Ehhh I dunno back when 5.4 came around it was much easier as ret than prot and it's only gotten easier

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Normal gear = 553? You'd actually have it easier as Ret (assuming a legendary cloak).
    Yes, I thought having the legendary cloak might tip the favor for Ret.

Yeah, I couldn't kill heroic LK at 5.4 release with Prot (or, rather, I didn't kill him... I hit the enrage and stopped trying). Switching to ret required some practice, but made it doable. With heroic gear levels/4pc, ret destroys HLK25.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewka View Post
    Yes, I thought having the legendary cloak might tip the favor for Ret.
    To a point it lets you ignore things like Drudge Ghouls since the cloak kills them for you not to mention the massive stats. But 4pc cleave will do the job just as well, or if you have to throw some Divine Storms in, then you have to. Obviously more gear and better gear = easier fight, as with any situation.

Regarding Prot: From what I hear (don't know) berserk is actually your savior, as with gear (again, gear) you can survive through his enrage which will give you enough vengeance to kill the boss. Def. not doable like in 5.3 though.

High Overlord

Total 280 solo-kills on 2 DKs, 1 Warrior, 1 Shaman, 1 Druid and 14 Paladins over last 12 months.
    Fuck your rng, Blizzard.

Keyboard Turner
    i got mine on my 30th kill on my paladin (ret ofc).

High Overlord
    For quite long time also was doing it only in ret, faster. Year ago was impossible

Bleh, struggling to get health up after first transition so that I don't get stomped by the Infest. Freaking out during transition with spirits, ice sphere management, and healing up, there's so little time to dps the boss it feels like.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Bleh, struggling to get health up after first transition so that I don't get stomped by the Infest. Freaking out during transition with spirits, ice sphere management, and healing up, there's so little time to dps the boss it feels like.
    If you are prot just make sure you have a 5 bastion EF up at all times and always be meleeing for make SoI healing. Make a macro to target the orbs and judgment them and only use it during that transition except on those.

If you are ret just go out to the outside and single target down the spirits 1 by 1 and just chain AM / DP and keep that EF up.

Will give that a try. I've gotten to 2nd Transition a couple times, but then I run into the problem of not enough healing to top off Infest and getting rocked by it because I can't catch up aside from a LoH. Still rocking 502 and 496 Str/haste trinkets, which aren't bad but not great, and 502 bracers. Tried Ret a few times before, Shambling Horrors were still taking a bit too long to kill with SoI for healing. More practice + more gear and I know I can get it down.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Thx for the topic. It helped me kill LK today in 25hc. I was surprised it was harder than I would believe based on the topic. Multiple times I died to berserk (at 39%, 19%, 16%) for instance. Today I managed to get into Roleplay. This happened at 16% (surprise to me..). I was also utterly lucky I didn't get launched by an Ice Sphere. I got hit by one, but ended on the edge of the platform. I had already typed on my guild chat that I failed, but I had to get back to work since I lived...

I have a log of the kill.

www warcraftlogs com / reports / vy97kcxWqbGjB8T1 / #fight=1&type=damage-done [remove the spaces and add . in the first part of the url]

It lists this attempt at wipe. There are two wipes, one before the RP and one after. As you can see I had to survive berserk for a short bit. I clicked all my CDs at once to survive (knewing my vengeance would be through the roof if I survived). Healing in that part was tough with the silences.

Few points I found a problem:
    - using TidyPlates to ignore all name plates except boss and ice sphere. still didn't manage.
    - doing enough damage.. with my standard prot pally build I couldn't do enough damage.

I changed/used the following:
    - reduce hit and expertise from standard SoO values to minimal)
    - reduce haste to 28% or so and go from 7-8 % crit to double.
    - use whatever dps trinkets I had: Timeless isle 535+8 and 528 Skeer trinket (strength + crit proc). Not optimal, but I had nothing else.
    - dropped tier16 4 piece (head slot was sadly 528+8) and switched to 548 Flex head item with capacitance legendary
    - legendary cloak
    - used DPS flask / haste food / Kings buff / Mogu potion
    - strength of wrynn was active

I hope you can learn from my logs a bit. All went well. Soaked all in P1. Transition went well. P2 avoided some of the defiles. Waited as long as I felt safe before throwing in consecrate and here and there a hammer for AOE dmg to kill the adds you have to kill to avoid dying. Transition went almost wrong (survived an ice sphere), but I recovered. Found the periods between transitions into frostmourne difficult. Had to use frostmourne period to heal up actually. LK berserked when I was in. I immediately used all CDs when I came out and started dps'ing + throwing whatever EF I could proc through silence. Based on logs I think I was a bit too early with Kings. LK was probably in a bit of RP announcing his berserk or whatever.

Happy with this kill, but was not happy it was more difficult than expected. Though I was severely overgeared, but that felt like not the case.

My stats: used 560 ilvl gear with above mentioned trinkets/legendary items. Weapon was SoO Normal/+8. My build is currently stored on Rynion of EU-stormrage. About 23% mastery / 27 % haste / 17 % crit.

Happy hunting.
    Last edited by HolyPalJSA; 2014-04-14 at 10:51 AM.

High Overlord
    Roleplay seem to play at ~15-16%, but its their crude fix for ppl that namaged to kill him in groups before he was immune to death or for noobs that left him on 1hp and tirion finished him off before they accepted terenas' rez (im one of those ). He heals for 5% hp when you die.

If you're undergeared you can always try to pop everything for berserk and zerg him down (managed to do this on 540dru, 540dk and 530 pala before got the mount), 1M regular hits and EF ticks for 100% hp make things go way faster

And when was this? Didn't see my EF go through the roof when LK was smashing my face in after berserk. Nor my dps. I could barely keep standing in berserk.

Great guide! Thanks!

So.. This new 5% heal is a basket of fun.

Terenas never came, so now I have to do it all again.

Edit: Turns out, I zoned back in to 15% still alive... Got to 1hp, and he wouldn't die due to forever channeling Raise Dead. If this happens to you, just kill all the ads left on the platform. I had 4 shambling horrors. Kill them, and then the transition will do its thing.

As a result of this incident, I am now getting Fordring killed.
    Last edited by Excessiv; 2014-06-29 at 10:32 AM.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Ya having adds up relatively near the center of the room when the boss does his aoe and RPs for a few minutes has been a thing since the beginning of time. Its also on the first post of the guide btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Edit: Turns out, I zoned back in to 15% still alive... Got to 1hp, and he wouldn't die due to forever channeling Raise Dead. If this happens to you, just kill all the ads left on the platform. I had 4 shambling horrors. Kill them, and then the transition will do its thing.

As a result of this incident, I am now getting Fordring killed.
    Resurrect, run back in and kill some of the shambling horrors. Tirion will react after a particular one dies, but it's impossible to tell which one is bugging him out.

200kills+ and still no mount,thanks blitzy.:-)