Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    A non-cheesy story with interesting and compelling villain(s).

A bigger focus on gear over gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I have a few ideas on what would be great in a Diablo III expansion.

1/ Gems need an overhaul. Instead of being flat +stats they should have unique magic effects akin to the old Runewords from D2x. Things like 'Causes Fear on Critical Strike' 'Adds 5% Lightning Damage to attacks' 'Attacks grant +1% movement speed for 10 seconds, stacking up to 25%', things like that.

2/ Crafting needs huge improvements. Upgrading mundane (grey/white) items to magical seems a good start, and even having you select the desired stats would be great (though keep them relatively low-mid power so they are only used to fill gaps in your gear). Rare patterns for pre-set items should drop off Act bosses. And needless to say they should all be Soulbound to your account (with the option to gift them to party members within a limited timespan).

3/ Legendaries should be Soulbound, either on pickup or equip. They aren't legendary if there's a hundred of them on the AH at any given time, so obviously they won't be allowed on the AH. Finding one that either you, an alt or a friend can use should be a great feeling.

4/ Act bosses need to be harder then Elites and Rares. Goes without saying, really.

5/ Remove the increasing timer on resurrections. Its bullshit and annoying, nothing else.

6/ Punish players more for deaths. Perhaps a Resurrection Sickness debuff that removes 5% of your stats for 10 minutes, stacking every time you die. Allow this to be cleansed by a healer in town (i.e. give the healers a reason to exist) for a small amount of gold. Basically, if a teammate resurrects you mid-fight you can continue to fight but in a weakened state, or if you're killed solo you can come back at the graveyard (or wherever) and jump back into the action quickly or go back to town to heal properly.

7/ Alter potions to give healing over time, and remove the cooldown on them. So for example a potion gives 50% of your total health over 10 seconds, meaning its not an instant-save but will keep you fighting longer term. Chaining potions won't heal you faster, but you can drink another to refresh the duration. Right now potions are an 'oh shit' button, and the huge stack I tend to have often gets completely unused - having them as HoTs means I'll be constantly drinking them to top myself off, and if I screw up and take huge damage I don't have a get out of jail free card and have to actively back off a bit to allow the potion to heal me.

8/ More character customisation. Allow players to alter the look of their armour more, their hairstyles (needless to say, have 'hide helmet' as an option), maybe voices as well. Being able to personalise your character adds to the depth a great deal.

9/ Change the skill system slightly. Have the core 4 skills and primary attack remain the same, but allow quick changing of the secondary attack via use of the mousewheel. For example, being able to switch between Hammer, Whirlwind, Rend and Slam as a Barbarian might add a lot of fluid gameplay options depending on the encounter. Not to mention more balancing of the skills and glyphs to make more of them viable.

10/ Larger and more Labyrinth styled dungeons to explore. Diablo III's 'random' dungeons quickly became very predictable and quick to navigate, and there was rarely more then one path to the exit. Having sprawling confusing mazes like Nihlathak's Temple would really help smooth out the grind.

11/ Actual Player vs Player arenas. Enough said really.

12/ Mules. Actual Mules that can be called to quickly store items to be taken back to town. And have bigger stashes that aren't tied to your entire account (with one tab that is shared so you can transfer items to alts).

13/ Options for larger parties. Honestly, 4 as a limit? Make it 8 at least. Infact...

14/ Uberboss Raids. 10+ players vs hyperbuffed Uber versions of each of the Bosses. Perhaps even disable resurrections during the fight to make it more about skill then zerging down the boss. Add a leaderboard to see who can kill each boss the fastest, take the least damage and suffer the least casualties. Gold rewards, achievements and prestige, no loot.
    I disagree with point 1 - 3: Diablo is a CASUAL game you play when in the mood. Keep it simple. Add liniair boosts to gems. Should be easy to calculate. Crafting was already improved in patches and IF you would play HC you would see it works perfectly in a constantly reset economy. Point 3 is complete BS as HC trading shows it works in the HC AH. SC version works too, but people still think they can make money out of selling junk Legendaries, which is their fault.

Point 4 is ridiculous. Since boss fights can ALWAYS be made redundant by gear. While random Elites spice up the game MUCH more than old D2 could ever do.

Point 5: trivial point.

Point 6: If you want punishments : play HC. Excellent resource management system in there. Playing softcore should never punish players.

Point 7: the health globes are MUCH better than the potions in D2. Nothing needs to change here with the extra healing potions. Removing cooldown would be a laugh since it would take a way the challenge.

Point 8 : Character customisation: what a laugh: this is an action game. Not an MMORPG. You slay monsters and get the loot and dress up. That's it.

Point 9: Skill system. I like the 6 buttons as they work: you get into it in a matter of minutes after having stopped for weeks or months per class.

Point 10: Larger and more labyrith like. As stated this is a slaughter the mobs game. People ALREADY complained that when hunting for the keywarden in Act 2, the zone was too big. Too big zones and too much labyrinths would be counter productive. You want to see the end of the tunnel. An endless tunnel is boring.

Point 11: Good point. Arena play should be supported in the future.

Point 12. Mules. Silly: your inventory and store system works as intended. The only remark here is that when you want to play intelligently and store lvl items per class you really need to limit the stored goods to 2 classes per inventory. A little unconveniant, but hey, I only play 2 classes anyway.

Point 13: Options for larger parties would just clutter things. I like 4 as it is. 8 would just add everyone else to go their own ways and the balance would get lost.

Point 14: uberboss raids is NOT for a game like Diablo 3; This is a casual game you can play solo or just with a couple of friends. This is no raiding game nor an mmorpg.

So in the end I only see point 11 as a valid addition.

I don't care about the other points in your thread as it shows you want to make D3 a kind of pointless MMORPG of it.

That's why I love to play D3: I am not in a rat race with other guys. And IF I want to play outside of my solo play, I just want to add ONE or 2 real life friends and that's it.

Learn to accept the playing style of D3 or quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    No offence intended.. but I get the fact youtube adds adverts at the start of some videos.. but add breaks??? not watching it purely because of that fact.. sorry

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    will be fun to see a expansion for diablo 3.. I remember diablo 2 beying extremely boring in the beginning, after all the patches and expansions it was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Stop putting D2 on a XXX. D2 is an OLD game with a TERRIBLE engine and terrible mechanics, like ... pickung up worthless gold one by one and 10.000 other annoying old things. D2 was 10.000 times a single boss run. How exciting...

Curious you called the added D3 MP play "shit" in your other post and now suddenly it is good because you realised ... somehow in some form it was put into a D2 patch 3 years after launch ...

Get lost. If you don't like to play D3 stop posting about it.

I like D3 and I simply LOVE D3 hardcore mode. And btw the ON LINE engine of D3 beats anything on the market these days.

And ... since the stats and playing charts show it ... I am far from the only one liking this Action packed game.
    I called it the most basic shit .. as in a no brainer to put it in, zero innovation style. And I do like to play D3, but let's be honest about what it is. Hack&slash that has two things going for it, pretty graphics and fine combat. I stand by the crowd that did expect Blizz to do more with the sequel, but I do realise business wise it's so very tempting to just release D3 with the basic stuff and wait for the redeeming expanions that will fix the rest. Same story as SC2 ...

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me it would be like this:
    1) Limit chc/chd to something like 50% chc and 300% chd but add on proc effects that scale with main stat at least for legendaries, add other attractive stats for when chc and chd are maxed and no, not necesarily dps stats... I think dps is already kinda ridiculous when u get really good gear(lol at 500k+ dps ppls)

2)More crafting options, especially legendary recipes like have a small chance to drop a recipe for a legendary that can already drop(smaller than the chance for the legendary to drop obviously) but make it hard to craft, like you have to farm 100 demonic essences and 1 radiant star gem depending on which main stat u want.

3)Still related to crafting, a way to enhance items, you put in resources (gems, demonic essence, gold) and depending on how many you put in the upgrade effect increases(ranging from 10% to 50%, 10% means radiant star gem,10 DE, 1mil gold while 50% means 5 radiant star gems, 50 DE and 10 mil gold). but stats like attack speed, chc, and chd don't increase only main stats(str,dex,int,vit), resistances, damage, and proc chance/dmg where applicable.

4)Make legendaries bound on Equip but make them unboundable if u play with the item equiped for 72 hours and pay a tax(gold not $$) that scales with time spent playing with item equiped( say 100mil for starters and then with each hour played it decreases by 1% down to 28mil after 72 hours)

5)an endless dungeon for grinding purposes with varrying scenery ranging from act 1 style to act 5 style and maybe even some new ones unique to the dungeon. Reward players for every 10 floors progressed in dungeon(like at the end of floor 10 after u step towards floor 11 you are ported to a transitional area with resplendent chests in it, depending on what floor you cleared so floor 10 is 1 chest floor 20 is 2 chests and so on untill floor 50 with 5 chests) but also increase difficulty every time you clear 10 levels by 10%. Also every floor that ends with 5 has a random pack of super-rares(blue mobs with higher health/dmg than regular rares or an extra affix) and every floor ending in 0 has 1 pack of random super-elites(same as super rares but yellow monsters) and 1 pack of super-rares.

6)a co-op arena type (colliseum kind of vs random bosses), basically like endless dungeon but only bosses and really hard.

7)at least 1 new class.

8)Ladder + Ladder resets every 6 months with chars moving to a legacy realm if you still wanna play your old char and don't care about ladder.

9)many many more legendaries

10) add an extra effect to gems for when you equip them in rings/amulet, like red gems give attack speed, green gems give crit chance, yellow gems give skill dmg, purple gems give life steal.

11)More sockets on items, especially on 2h weapons...

12)Reputation levels(similar to paragon but cosmetic only or small benefits like perks... maybe something to do with followers) that you gain by killing elites/rares/bosses(or when you gain/refresh nephalem valor). Maybe one of the rewards could be a nice pair of wings(so those who don't have collector's ed d3 or sc2 can still have some nice wings) or a nice aura around your character(ofc that you can toggle on/off from options)

13)Soemthing similar to player housing, maybe building your own town with resources found while killing demons in act 5 or endless dungeon. You can go to every1 else's town by joining their game(so they are party leaders) and they can see yours. Keep it diablo though, no cute animals on a farm or candy shops or anything ... Just a town that you build so you can have your own custom base to come back to after you are done killing hordes of demons. Maybe open Leah's Tavern in memory of Leah in your town, if you want to ofc.

13.1)Can have Adria in a cage at the town's square so you can throw rotten eggs at her when you feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Learn to accept the playing style of D3 or quit.
    Thanks for allowing me to completely ignore your entire post with your stupid conclusion.

And sorry, if you think Diablo III Inferno is supposed to be 'casual' then you really have entitlement issues. It was DESIGNED to be gamebreakingly difficult, and yet completely failed to do that.

The fact you're getting worked up and angsty over someone giving a list of reasonable well thought out solutions just shows how narrow minded you are.

Edit: Glanced at some of your comments. You're being ridiculous with criticising my suggestions on gem and crafting changes. I think you're just disagreeing with me for the sake of it, quite honestly.

Deleted
    Focus needs to move away from gold and back to gear. Half the time I don't care what legendarys drop, they're just something to sell so I can buy what I need. Miss the days of holding my breath as I identified an item

4)Make legendaries bound on Equip but make them unboundable if u play with the item equiped for 72 hours and pay a tax(gold not $$) that scales with time spent playing with item equiped( say 100mil for starters and then with each hour played it decreases by 1% down to 28mil after 72 hours)
    That would simply make shitty legendaries even more worthless (no more "I'll wear those legendary DEX bracers on my Barb for now, but will sell them on when I get more appropriate bracers later on"), and awesome rolled legendaries even more valuable.

I don't want expansions I want free updates to the game!

Quote Originally Posted by crazypineapple5 View Post
    I don't want expansions I want free updates to the game!
    i think they can come up with something that is worth putting some money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Thanks for allowing me to completely ignore your entire post with your stupid conclusion.

And sorry, if you think Diablo III Inferno is supposed to be 'casual' then you really have entitlement issues. It was DESIGNED to be gamebreakingly difficult, and yet completely failed to do that.

The fact you're getting worked up and angsty over someone giving a list of reasonable well thought out solutions just shows how narrow minded you are.

Edit: Glanced at some of your comments. You're being ridiculous with criticising my suggestions on gem and crafting changes. I think you're just disagreeing with me for the sake of it, quite honestly.
    you're arguing with the biggest fanboy the internet has ever seen. don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    Focus needs to move away from gold and back to gear. Half the time I don't care what legendarys drop, they're just something to sell so I can buy what I need. Miss the days of holding my breath as I identified an item
    This a million times.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    5)an endless dungeon for grinding purposes with varrying scenery ranging from act 1 style to act 5 style and maybe even some new ones unique to the dungeon. Reward players for every 10 floors progressed in dungeon(like at the end of floor 10 after u step towards floor 11 you are ported to a transitional area with resplendent chests in it, depending on what floor you cleared so floor 10 is 1 chest floor 20 is 2 chests and so on untill floor 50 with 5 chests) but also increase difficulty every time you clear 10 levels by 10%. Also every floor that ends with 5 has a random pack of super-rares(blue mobs with higher health/dmg than regular rares or an extra affix) and every floor ending in 0 has 1 pack of random super-elites(same as super rares but yellow monsters) and 1 pack of super-rares.
    You played Zenonia didn't you? This is exactly the same concept they use in that mobile game right down to the super mobs at certain floor levels.

diablo 3 was seriusly a TOTAL let-down, i mean, cmon blizzard, if ur gonna make us wait yrs for the game, at least make it good.

I don't think anything is going to work without completely rebooting the itemization back to D2 style because presently the exponential scaling is getting ridiculous. They need to wipe out all the current items to a blank state, pay back with BoA tokens based on a player's current rarity of gear which then can be used in the new itemization system. Easier said than done, but that is the only way I can see to save D3.

If anyone can spend $1 to clear inferno so easily now, Blizz might as well return back to the D2 system with easily accessible uniques and leave the hardcores to grind out perfect rolls and highend runewords right? And have an itemization system that is so much more wider to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by freeforumuser View Post
    I don't think anything is going to work without completely rebooting the itemization back to D2 style because presently the exponential scaling is getting ridiculous.
    Exponential scaling is the only scaling usable in RPGs. If player can't see the difference between 2 items he will never be motivated to continue playing.
    Farming should feel rewarding. If you'll know that after 1000 hours of farming you'll get 2% dps increase no one will play but tiny number of fanboys.

Also you seem to forget about how powerful the items in the d2 were.
    70 resistance on single item - it's like 400 allres in d3. 40% damage reduced on one single item. Or 20% increased attack speed. Or 10% lifesteal.
    Runeword with offensive aura like conviction - literally doubling your dps to monsters.
    And besides the listed examples there was a list of 5 other attributes on every item.

After absolutely insane d2 items talking about "ridiculous exponential scaling" in d3 is a little bit... strange.

They need to wipe out all the current items to a blank state, pay back with BoA tokens based on a player's current rarity of gear which then can be used in the new itemization system. Easier said than done, but that is the only way I can see to save D3.
    Wiping the items is not a big deal. They will wipe all the items, including boa in next expansion by introducing new ilvl73 items. But how would it help the current itemization problem?

Do you even understand that the problem is not with items or stats on items. And obviously not with scaling.
    The main problem is the market making your farming useless because you have to compete with 1 million other players on it.
    If you spent 10 hours farming and found an item it means that EVERYONE farmed 10 hours farming and found a similar item.
    They all will want to sell it on AH and your item would never sell unless you sell it cheaper than chinese farmers.

It's just a simple math - in the world with free market you receive the minimum salary possible per 1 hour of work.
    Changing itemization is absolutely useless. Wiping items is absolutely useless. Average player (like yourself) will always get the minimum salary and will always feel unrewarded because from his point of view after X amount of time spent he should be in top 1/X % most geared players. But the life is cruel, millions of players are leveling with him, farming the same gear as he does, undercutting him on ah, spending real life currency on items, so he will never be even close to the place were he thought he will be after the time he spend working in d3.

There is no solution for this problem. You can't change anything in the game to make it different. It's inside player's heads.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    You played Zenonia didn't you? This is exactly the same concept they use in that mobile game right down to the super mobs at certain floor levels.
    I have no clue what zenonia is but endless tower idea is so old it's hard to even remember who was first.

One of the most exciting examples in my personal gaming history was Bevelle 100 levels dungeon in FFX-2. Damn it was HARD. And by hard I mean the difficulty you've never seen or will ever see in d3. On last 20 levels every monster pack was like mp10 ubers.

Infinite dungeon is not a bad idea. For diablo3 everything is not a bad idea, it's hard to make it worse
    At least there will be a point of gearing up in game - to reach deeper levels.
    But there is one REALLY bad problem with it. The game is totally unbalanced. It means that on harder levels some classes will be not viable and some classes (supposedly warrior and cm wizard) will still be able to progress further. Blizzard is lazy and would never create an event revealing severe balance issues that we currently have in the game.
    So not going to happen.
    Last edited by traen; 2013-07-01 at 09:08 PM.