10+ Year Old Account

Fun with Ai-Li's Skymirror.

http://i.imgur.com/5awrqa0.jpg
    Decided to try using the mirror on someone transformed into a sha on H sha, it works!

Anyone else got some cool uses for skymirror/potion of illusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Sadly don't have a screenshot of it, but I know it works because I did it last summer with a potion of illusion. Set up your, or have someone else set up their Braizer of Dancing Flames, and transform into the fiery Draenei, then target your friend and use the mirror (or in my case, stand on top of him and drink the potion), and you will take on the form yourself. However, you will still be able to move around, cast and attack in this form, unlike the normal case where it breaks of you stop dancing.

It looks quite awesome if you get your entire raid to transform into one. =)

Have a rogue with the pick pocket glyph use it on something like a Magnataur, then use the skymirror to copy the Magnataur. (same can be be done with a mage's illusion glyph)

On a side note, I have noticed that sometimes if I target someone not in party/raid/bg with me, it will not copy what they look like. Some times it does some times it doesn't. If I am grouped however, it works 100% of the time.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy using it on someone using the Sandstone Drake, then mounting them. Also did one where two of us turned into Sandstone Drakes, then got onto a person's mammoth.

I think it should also work on a chopper's sidecar, but haven't tried.

Someone with Dragonwrath transformed into the Tarecgosa mount. When you use the Potion of Illusion to copy it at least, your hitbox becomes massive and your aoe spells are huge.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted

Magnataur on a rocket.
    Last edited by mmoc9e4a7609cb; 2013-02-17 at 11:28 PM.

I don't have a photo of it either but having a druid go into their stag travel form and then using it on them and then mounting them. It looks ridiculous to me when we are in raid waiting to pull and I'm standing on top of one of our druids copying their travel form.

yes. we have a mage in our group who insists on turning himself into a construct which confuses some players in the raid. he has been asked repeatedly not to.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Someone with Dragonwrath transformed into the Tarecgosa mount. When you use the Potion of Illusion to copy it at least, your hitbox becomes massive and your aoe spells are huge.
    are you infering by doing this you make your aoe spells hit a wider target area, in other words cheating?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    We did a raid with my team in the Druid Swim form and then the orca. It was pretty funny and the raid was going a bit slow, so we needed the laugh.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

are you infering by doing this you make your aoe spells hit a wider target area, in other words cheating?
    A Druid Potion of Illusion'd to copy my Tarecgosa transformation, and her Tornado or whatever and also her Tranq covered a huge area. We just did it inside Org, so not sure if the actual effect was bigger or just the visual effect.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clever use of game mechanics!

But seriously, pretty sure it's just a part of the visual effect of your character casting.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hmm, I never thought of the pickpocket technique.

The one I like to do is on Amber Shaper when I mirror the monstrosities.

I once used it on a polymorph... Arathi Basin got slaughtered by the Death Sheep.

Just remember that the Skymirror/Potion of Illusion as potentially hilarious results when used in conjunction with Mirror Image.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Deleted
    When Illusion/Potion of Illusion/Skymirror is used on a player using http://www.wowhead.com/item=86573 everything except for your weapon becomes invisible and you have the female night elf skeleton. When paired with Mirror Image I could become four flying Dragonwraths, or flying fishing poles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    We did a raid with my team in the Druid Swim form and then the orca. It was pretty funny and the raid was going a bit slow, so we needed the laugh.
    Our mage and boomkin does this all the time (symbiosis on mage) x8 orcas when both use mirror images!