If Blizz asked you to revamp a capital, which capital would it be?

If Blizz asked you to revamp a capital, which capital would it be?

I was wondering lately. Currently, the capitals that are most used are Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Just because every facility can be found there. Capitals like Ironforge, Darnassus, Undercity etc... doesn't have an arcane reforger. Those capitals doesn't have portals to the cataclysm zones, etc...
    And then for some cities counts that there layout and contents are simply outdated or located to far away from everything.

I think it's time to revamp those cities.

So which capital would you revamp?

Here something that can help you:
    (just copy it and fill in)
    Code:
    Which capital do you want to revamp?

What's the reason for the revamp?

What would you wanna see changed?

Any picture of your idea?

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:07 AM ----------

OK, topicstarter begins:

Undercity

I think Sylvanas' rage against the Garrosh and her own wisdom take to a revamp of her capital. I think she need it to truly show herself. She have ruled over the ruins of an old kingdom and she think it is time to build something new upon those ruins. She already rebuilt a couple of towns, like Brill. Now it's time she takes her capital to a new level.

I'd like see a usage of the upperground courtyards. And basicly a removing of all what's below, except of the trade district in the center. That would be the new Royal Chamber and will reflect the layout of the current throne room of king Terenas Menethil II in undead style. The whole upperground will be rebuilt as well and the palace will be replaced with a new palace, giving access to the throne room. Magic Quarters NPC's gets a place inside the palace as well.
    War Quarters NPC's gets their building close the gate, which gets a new gatehouse as well, on west side. Then a couple of towers along the walls will be replaced by undead guard towers. The Rogues quarters NPC's gets a shady alley-like location somewhere between some buildings and has some underground rooms as well connecting to the old Sewer entrance of the city.
    The apothecary district will be an important district in the new Undercity has 1 big building close to the palace on the east side of the city.

Here are some impressions of how it should be. All will a dark themed buildings, like the ones you see in Brill and such.

Deleted
    I would like to see Iron Forge revamped

Dwarf lore is immense. They have deep roots to the titans and are ment to be the master crafters with anything metal or to do with a forge.

I would like to see something amazing done with the forge in the middle. Its one of the best looking attractions a city has and in vanillia when i first saw it, it was amazing, have different/more anvils, different colour fire (as if it was enchanted for forging) etc.
    They are also the war machine builders, i would like to see the Military Ward revamped to be a workshop of war, more moving parts so to speak, atm there is only a helecoptor that gets moved around as a graphical effect.

Deleted
    Silvermoon -let us fly there, add more streets to make it more interesting

Undercity

Forsaken are still pathetic bunch, clinging to their past selves, that should change if they are to prosper.

Raze ruins of Lordaeron, together with tomb of King Terenas Menethil (its empty anyway), crush the ceiling of Undercity and flood it, erect giant spire with base in former center of Undercity. Raise sturdier walls around the moat.

Personally I'd like to see them put Gilneas in as a city rather than leaving it as a useless starter zone/area with nothing in it/BG. Doubt it'll ever happen though as the horde QQ about not getting something would be immense. The main issue I see currently with cities, is whenever a new one is added they always miss important stuff out (AH) just to force us back into the older ones.

Otherwise rather than a total revamp of one city, I'd like to see all the services available in all of the cities - I like Darn/Exo/Shat but not really practical to use them when they are missing NPCs/portals (and an AH in the Shrines that everyone can use would be amazing). Also SW (and I assume Org) have none of that terrible CRZ which is probably the main reason I avoid the other cities... I don't want to be dumped with a load of guys from other servers - totally trashes any sense of community for me.

I think they like forcing us all into the same areas though (eg. the horror that is cross-realm zoning), so I doubt they'll do anything that would remove pressure for everyone to crowd into SW/Org.

Exodar... The layout is just bad, also, lorewise it's already repaired afaik, so it should just be phased for new players.

Deleted
    Which City ?
    The kingdom under the mountain, Ironforge.

The reason ?
    The council of three hammers will reign as long as Fenran is too young, time for change, time for different districts to show the tensions between some of the dwarves. Azeroth shall see that the dwarfs are the master craftsman, with metal, stone and gems.

What would I wanna see changed ?
    Different districts for the three different dwarven clans, the throne room should look like one. Dwarfs are the masters of carving stone, gems and metal show that for gods sake, if another race enters the city they should be astonished by the work they did.
    The military quarter should be way brighter and show pride, the dark ambience doesn't fit the warriors and military at all. And please please please change the great smith in the middle of the city, the molten metal looks horrible.

Personally, I'd rather each city have their own reasons for a player to be drawn there, than have it redesigned.

Minigames and such that have minor in-game bonuses, and bragging rights. Orgrimmar could have an arm-wresteling match, Undercity could have a potion-mixing game, Ironforge could have a drinking competition, there could be races, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda cheated and picked two, but there's a reason for it.

Undercity AND Darnassus

To give each faction a city with the standards of Orgrimmar and Stormwind on both main continents.

For Undercity, I'd like to see the Ruins of Lordaeron become something more than pretty scenery. For Darnassus, it'd be nice if some things were moved around to make the city easier to understand for people who haven't memorised it, yet. More buildings would be nice, maybe more tree-buildings, too. Utilise that big empty space between the gates of Darnassus and the giant white stone ramp. And, of course, as mentioned in the previous section, add more features to these cities like Reforging, Transmogrifying, etc.

Alas, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss