Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l

Need help transferring past 50k gold cap

I'm going to transfer my main in a couple days and would like to bring along at least 500k with me. The cap per transfer is 50k unless you pay a little extra to bring a guild along. I'd love to do this but the guild needs to be level 2 and you have to have been the GM for 7 days, so I'm out of time and luck at this point. The other problem I've run into is that a lot of the general trade goods are cheaper where I'm going, despite it being a higher pop server. The only other option I can think of is buying mounts with crafting mats that don't depreciate. Problem with this though is that it would be a pain to try and sell 20+ panthers, vials, or choppers. If it's of any consolation I'm moving from Fizzcrank-US to Sargeras-US.

I'd be super appreciative of any more ideas or help.

Deleted
    You could try and buy some of the 5k fortune cards and then just vendor them once you have moved.

Only thing I can think of really is TCG mounts and pets. The problem is unloading them in a timely manner without taking a big hit, though.

make a level 1 on the new server, get it to the AH and see what sells very well. Buy that rather than randomly buying mats. I did well buying battle pets, the rare blues, learning them, as you can have 3 of each, and selling them on the new server. I did check prices first. And many mats are cheaper on high pop servers as there are more people farming them, more competition.

What exactly is keeping you from making a guild, getting it to level 2 and transfer it in a week? Seems like the best option to me in your case.
    You make it sound as if Fizzcrank is going to blow up if you're not off the server in a few days. ^^

The 50k cap is there for a reason, stop trying to circumvent it.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    make a level 1 on the new server, get it to the AH and see what sells very well. Buy that rather than randomly buying mats. I did well buying battle pets, the rare blues, learning them, as you can have 3 of each, and selling them on the new server. I did check prices first. And many mats are cheaper on high pop servers as there are more people farming them, more competition.
    Well considering he said in his post "A lot of the general trade goods are cheaper where i'm going" He has already done this, Reading past the thread title helps:P

As said, TCG mounts,also check battle pets, It is quite silly the gold cap is so stupidly low, And it's highly frustrating when you try to move and have to try to invest a few hundred K gold into something you can recover reasonably well from, But TCG mounts i think is the best bet, good luck with it^^

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    The 50k cap is there for a reason, stop trying to circumvent it.
    Lol people have to circumvent it, the cap is out dated and isn't there to stop normal players taking their gold with them, it's there to stop gold sellers transferring gold all over the place

transfer 10 chars with 50k each if you rather spend some irl money instead of taking the chance to lose some pixel money...

If you have Inscription as profession, you can buy out every stack of MoP herbs under 30g and create BoP shoulders. Those are worth 375g a stack and you wont lose any money.

Like above, try buying fortune cards or other items with high vendor prices.

Compare some battles-pets in the Auction Houses, most of them are often worth the same in other AH.

Buy the mounts that you are gonna buy anyways. If you dont have the Grand Expedition Yak yet, buy them now. I know its a big chunk of money, but the only reason you have it, so you are able to buy expensive stuff. Yak, Enineering and JC mounts are just as expensive on the other side. Try to minimize the amount of gold you want to transfer.

And ofcourse, have patience. Nobody needs 500k, so have patience getting all your money back, just stock on stuff that sells good, and 'slowly' sell it, remember 5.2 is incoming, some item prices will skyrocket (gems, flasks, pots, belt buckles, enchanting mats, leg enchants), and you probably make a profit. Old mats, like cloth (bolts) can be worth 400g a stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dar0 View Post
    transfer 10 chars with 50k each if you rather spend some irl money instead of taking the chance to lose some pixel money...
    Well he clearly never said he would rather spend some irl money, so try and read before coming up with your "smart kid" responses

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Thanks for the advice so far. Got a few ideas I'm sure I'll use.
    How much of a pain do you think it'd be to level a guild to 2. I could probably get a friend or 2 to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    How much of a pain do you think it'd be to level a guild to 2. I could probably get a friend or 2 to help.
    Not long at all, Just do as many dailys as you can stomach and you'l get there before the 7days you need to be GM to transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Not long at all, Just do as many dailys as you can stomach and you'l get there before the 7days you need to be GM to transfer
    You need 16,580,000XP to reach level 2 so that's 277 quests at level range. To reach level 2 in 7 days he needs to do 40 dailies a day and I think that's the maximum amount of dailies available in MoP except you aren't best friends with every Tiller.

The fastest way of leveling a guild is by doing arenas. 20wins=1lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    You need 16,580,000XP to reach level 2 so that's 277 quests at level range. To reach level 2 in 7 days he needs to do 40 dailies a day and I think that's the maximum amount of dailies available in MoP except you aren't best friends with every Tiller.
    Wow, well in that case i would get the friends he said might help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    Only thing I can think of really is TCG mounts and pets. The problem is unloading them in a timely manner without taking a big hit, though.
    Probably the best suggestion. I've been in this situation with vials and choppers, unfortunately, it always sucks. It's a pain trying to sell so many mounts, but at least with TCG ones you only have to sell one. Be prepared to take a hit as well, unless you get lucky.

I would use the JC mounts. Just buy a bunch of them. It might take awhile to sell them, but their value is very consistent across servers.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    I took a guild from level 1 to level 2 simply by leveling an alt from 85 to 90. I actually got there a little early, like 88 or 89.

Deleted
    Fastest way to level a guild to 2, is to buy one. Plenty of people want to unload a low level guild for a bit of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    If you play some 2v2 arenas with your friend you get lvl 2 in like no time at all.