Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Without hitting caps. Just from the name it seems something like "Aimed Shot" would be a 100% hit no matter what.
    I shoot. I always aim unless I'm just dicking around seeing how fast I shoot or deliberately trying a snap shot. That said, I don't always hit what I aim for, real world "aimed shots" can and do miss. It seems they can in game, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    I agree man, it sucks seeing warlocks get all these cool new unique class toys and rogues getting mentioned for it too. hunters? lol
    They are the bottom two spec in term of population, not counting monk because they are a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    As much as I adored Survival in Cata, it really was not. Just by listening for the sound of LnL, I could very literally play Survival with my eyes closed.

While I really didn't like it at first on the other hand, I've grown to truly enjoy the clusterfuck that is BM cooldown management in MoP.
    I somewhat agree. You were penalized too heavily for not having perfect ES rng and hitting every single one on CD and rewarded too much for just dozing off and pressing something.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter is one of the better classes post-5.0.

Coming from the survival point of view, I find the rotation is simple but very active. When I'm on top of my game, it can be constant gunshots in my headphones.

I also love that Blizz made pets more balanced. Used to be you had to use a ferocity pet, spec them certain ways, and pretty much everyone used a cat. My 5 pets don't include a single cat (the cat in my Sig was from the talent).

Also, who doesn't love the fetch glyph?

Though that does bring up the one complaint I have about hunter. Their major glyph choices are lackluster, even for major glyphs. They only have one raid-worthy glyph, and that's (IIRC) marked for death. So we don't have to spend a gcd on hunters mark.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Animal Bond. 10% bonus healing when you pet active is practically required.

Quote Originally Posted by benderr View Post
    the OP has to be trolling.
    How do you figure? His complaint boils down to, "hunter has too many uninteresting buttons" which is something Blizzard has already acknowledged. Survival has like 7 rotational abilities, plus CDs. And a bunch of very situational utilities that all need bar space (vs. fewer, more powerful or versatile utilities). And pet management buttons. So many buttons that when I port my UI to a non-hunter alt, I'm baffled by all the empty keybinds that I don't have abilities for.

I agree with the OP but for different reasons. Mostly the added pet abilities that all hunters are forced into with MoP. I was hoping sometime for a spec without a pet but now even if a spec doesnt use a pet all the time you still have a whole talent tier for pets and stampede. If they can change the talents which they probably will and make stampede a BM only ability they could still do it but the more pets direction signals even more that they think hunters=pets.

The other problem I have is the switch to priority from rotation. Its just like playing every other class now where you just whack a mole and hit whichever ability just came off CD. Playing a hunter used to be so smooth, now not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just a fan site, not the actual WoW forums, so you're not going to get a response from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm hunter, Wrath hunter, Bc Hunter, I'd take any of them over what we got right now.

Apart from what OP want to say, I can add spec-wide skills and talents that favor BM spec. This is were I see design in hunter is broken. Also finally coming fix in 5.2 PowerShot/GlaiveToss miss on movable targets.

Overall I like MoP Hunter better then previous.
    More buttons is a good thing imo.
    Before mop, hunter was too easy(although still fun)
    Now its a good amount harder(even though still relatively easy)and much more interesting.
    I will admit when MoP first came out, I despised BM with all it's buttons, but once I got used to it, overall I think its pretty fun.
    Sure I'd rather play a petless spec, but overall, I'd take current BM over cata surv, or current SV over cata SV for that matter.
    I do however agree that the pet orientated talents are pretty lame, but its better then nothing overall.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Cataclysm hunter, Wrath hunter, Bc Hunter, I'd take any of them over what we got right now.
    wha? Half of BC the top hunter dps spec was rolling BM and adding a steady shot macro (I remember using that from Karazhan up to the boss before Illidan in BT). You literally would smash-spam one button and outdps most of the raid.

Whatever blizzard do lets hope it never goes back to that.

To the OP: MoP hunter is fine l2p (sorry, could not avoid it)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the state of most classes in PvE/PvP. Sure a little classes need tuning.

My OPINION: Don't ring my neck for this.

Hunter isn't one of them. I agree that the last two choices for hunter (ex: power shot if it had a 2 sec or less cast time) are a little... underwhelming. But as a BM hunter I find Blink Strike the best 5th choice, ran meters, contributed the most. Hunters right now are one of the best classes in the game right now in terms of fun factor, I'm not a fan of 4 button rotations. I for one am a fan of where hunters are, and I'm afraid that people are going to ruin it for me. AMOC is trash for BM hunters, I agree with you 100% on that and Lynx Rush is not anything special either. If you want to play a class with less buttons try a monk, I view them as a melee hunter (WW have like 6 buttons to press at 90) Regarding utility, Camouflage, Flare, Deterence , Disengage , Exhilaration (if specced) there is five of the top of my head, not even counting the pet management cooldowns. Hunters have the most abilities to press and learn right now.

I would add a question mark after your thread title, It is not a fact.
    Last edited by Alocolas; 2013-02-20 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unalorian View Post
    wha? Half of BC the top hunter dps spec was rolling BM and adding a steady shot macro (I remember using that from Karazhan up to the boss before Illidan in BT). You literally would smash-spam one button and outdps most of the raid.

Whatever blizzard do lets hope it never goes back to that.

To the OP: MoP hunter is fine l2p (sorry, could not avoid it)
    Hunters needed buffs and they got them yesterday, so learn to be objective.

And thinking hunters are fine when they are not doesn't make you a better player than anyone. It just makes you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    In Survival at 498 ilvl, I can burst off the gate with about 270k dps (I avg burst around 240k though), roughly the same with BM because I'm not very adapt to playing it.

And the funniest thing about Aimed Shot is that it can miss.
    i am 504ilvl surv and all i can say is this is bullshits ...only BM can burst for such a numbers
    think my best is like 160-170k for 1st 30 sec...haha u do 270k nice bro u got full t15 :P?
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2013-02-20 at 03:56 PM.

The major issues with hunters right now are:
    a) spec imbalance (Blizz is 100% obsessed with making sure that any mage who wants to play frost can do so and still be top DPS and top PVP, but no concern for hunter players who want to play MM to be even viable)
    b) pet time-on-target making such a huge DPS difference (because BM is the spec of the moment)
    c) way too many buttons.

I have binds on 1-6, qwrtgbvcxza and shifts for all of those, yhn78 (no shifts - can't reach), caps lock, `, and middle mouse button, plus shift E and shift D (where regular E and D are movement keys). I still don't have everything bound. I click revive and dismiss, call pet, and phoenix. I autocast the pet's special. That's too many buttons, by a wide margin.