Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    Stood in the Fire Caribald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    One person cheating vs everyone cheating is still cheating. Hey Lance, how's it going?
    Oh yeah because using the game mechanics to complete something faster is comparable to putting illegal substances in your body. Get a grip.
    RetiredBack these days, not as a raider though. Hunter known for World first Algalon solo.
    My Youtube channel with hunter solo kills
    Armory profile

  2. #202
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Oh yeah because using the game mechanics to complete something faster is comparable to putting illegal substances in your body. Get a grip.
    Considering some people's logic on this subject I say there's a lot of cheating support in this thread.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  3. #203
    It, WILL get hot fixed, in the mean time, people need to stop bitching. Speed running is Speed running, And by the sounds they got the worlds fastest time. GG. Its a exploit that they found and used. You see more bitching on forums than real life if someone see's someone else "cheat".

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Oh yeah because using the game mechanics to complete something faster is comparable to putting illegal substances in your body. Get a grip.
    Well if everyone's doing it, it must be OK.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Skit View Post
    It, WILL get hot fixed, in the mean time, people need to stop bitching. Speed running is Speed running, And by the sounds they got the worlds fastest time. GG. Its a exploit that they found and used. You see more bitching on forums than real life if someone see's someone else "cheat".
    I doubt it will be fixed, considering half the runs in there are done resetting with the buff. Everyone knew it, so fixing it will require resetting most times. The part they did and others group didnt was kiting the slimes. So grats to the op.

    It was fairly easy to see for every group going there, if you fail and reset you noticed the buff staying right away. At least we did back then.
    Last edited by Espada; 2013-02-19 at 03:14 PM.

  6. #206
    Good job, good sharing!

  7. #207
    Back in the days people used to grab Ony / Hakkar / Nefarian Buffs before running raids (think Loatheb, glorious times except for warlocks and their soulstones).
    [sarcasm]Clearly those encounters weren't designed with those powerful buffs in mind, all those guilds must have been cheating![/scarasm]

    Another neat story: Blizzard Devs vs. Mogu'shan Palace Challenge Mode (at around 1h 32m)
    Right after Gekkan, they evade the Mobs on the elevator.
    Everyone does that, those Mobs are useless. Although everyone does it noone views it as cheating / bugging / exploiting, guess evading Mobs seems to be O.K. with the community.

  8. #208
    Herald of the Titans Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Back in the days people used to grab Ony / Hakkar / Nefarian Buffs before running raids (think Loatheb, glorious times except for warlocks and their soulstones).
    [sarcasm]Clearly those encounters weren't designed with those powerful buffs in mind, all those guilds must have been cheating![/scarasm]

    Another neat story: Blizzard Devs vs. Mogu'shan Palace Challenge Mode (at around 1h 32m)
    Right after Gekkan, they evade the Mobs on the elevator.
    Everyone does that, those Mobs are useless. Although everyone does it noone views it as cheating / bugging / exploiting, guess evading Mobs seems to be O.K. with the community.
    Yes, and they removed those buffs because their use was unintended.

    They've banned entire guilds for abusing the evade mechanic during boss kills, too. They probably don't care about it for challenge modes because they don't provide any rewards, and essentially nobody cares about them, so it's not worth the trouble to spend time dealing with it when they can deal with more important stuff instead.
    Dr Johnson, they said: “we are delighted to find that you’ve not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.”
    “Ladies, said dr Johnson, “I can congratulate you on being able to look them up.”

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Not quite, the issues about this is that they reset the instance and reducing the time.
    That falls under the category of consumables, you dont have to reset the run. (just like pots, invis pots, foods, flasks etc)

    Had they stacked that buff and kited troughout the dungeon without resetting and still beating it by 2 minutes, it would have been whole different ballgame.
    But they didnt...
    It would not have been possible. Every single time on the top of the charts have been done by resetting with the stacks, that's a well-known trick for that instance. The resetting part was not new and does not count for the 2 minute top time because it was done by everyone before them. What mattered was the kiting of the adds to the very end which is indeed quite an achievement and possibly never done before by anyone in that instance because it's simply very hard.

    Most of you are talking about something you don't fully understand.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    It would not have been possible. Every single time on the top of the charts have been done by resetting with the stacks, that's a well-known trick for that instance. The resetting part was not new and does not count for the 2 minute top time because it was done by everyone before them. What mattered was the kiting of the adds to the very end which is indeed quite an achievement and possibly never done before by anyone in that instance because it's simply very hard.

    Most of you are talking about something you don't fully understand.
    The strategy for kiting the adds wasn't even theirs to begin with! They got the strategy from a different group. And every top time resetting the instance to keep stacks? Yeah, no.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    The strategy for kiting the adds wasn't even theirs to begin with! They got the strategy from a different group. And every top time resetting the instance to keep stacks? Yeah, no.
    No shit it wasn't there idea. Your point has zero relevance. They executed the strat though and thats what matters.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    It would not have been possible. Every single time on the top of the charts have been done by resetting with the stacks, that's a well-known trick for that instance. The resetting part was not new and does not count for the 2 minute top time because it was done by everyone before them. What mattered was the kiting of the adds to the very end which is indeed quite an achievement and possibly never done before by anyone in that instance because it's simply very hard.

    Most of you are talking about something you don't fully understand.
    I think you're talking about something you don't fully understand, what they did is commit to a hard strategy that every top CMs group already knew. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. They also executed it poorly (no offense meant there, their time is still really good but there's much more room for improvement) and the reset wasn't done by everysingle group in the top 15 that isn't theirs. I don't wanna go in the argument of cheating vs not cheating. I don't really care if they reset or not. But to say everyone does it is a simple lie.

    That group deserves their time which reflects the work they put in it.
    Was it a new original strategy ? no.
    Was it ingenious ? yes... 3 months ago.
    Was it well executed? not really, but still better than others that tried hence their time.
    Is it beatable without what everyone consider cheating ? YES, BY AT LEAST A MINUTE.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    You keep telling yourself that. It's clearly cheating. You can call it anything you like, creative use of game mechanics, whatever you like but it's clearly not intended or you'd just have the buff when you walked into the instance. Not stacking it up, reseting and starting again.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 02:00 PM ----------



    This guys knows what he's talking about. The rest defending this cheating are clearly deluded.
    Actually he doesn't know at all. Exploit definitions always include "gaining an unfair advantage". Since this is well known and completely reproducable there is no unfair advantage. All thats left is a judgement call from Blizzard on is it allowable "creative use" or not.

  14. #214
    Field Marshal Mersynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerthfu View Post
    Is it beatable without what everyone consider cheating ? YES, BY AT LEAST A MINUTE.
    A pretty accurate assumption considering you haven't done it and neither has anyone else.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    A pretty accurate assumption considering you haven't done it and neither has anyone else.
    I think I do have a track record that proves I'm not bullshitting. And it's not like maeby's group didn't already acknowledge that their time is beatable without the reset.

  16. #216
    If you consider that cheating, you are simply removing yourself from the competition. A year from now, the CM's top times will be the best executed strategies compiling every single trick to each dungeon, and that will be the beauty of it. Resetting it it's part of that dungeon, just like several people cliking the orbs on shado-pan, dk mc on scarlet, or using the scholo buff by picking it in the normal version and then skiping the proffesor on the CM. If it works, use it, other people will to improve your time. All these things obsolete the gold requirement, but not the competition.

  17. #217
    Mechagnome Kagdar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    QC! but mostly in my head
    Posts
    587
    Considering this video show a run of 12:21 in Nizuao temple and they don't reset the adds.
    The OP's video have it cleared in 10:17 and they claim "2min faster than the previous fastest time" while resetting adds.

    So yea "everybody use the add reset in Nizuao now so it's not cheating" not so much a good claim apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonLajoie
    Are you tired of focusing your time and energy on projects and activities without seeing any positive results? Try…not giving a f*ck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonLajoie
    Not giving a f*ck is awwwesome.

  18. #218
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Considering this video show a run of 12:21 in Nizuao temple and they don't reset the adds.
    The OP's video have it cleared in 10:17 and they claim "2min faster than the previous fastest time" while resetting adds.

    So yea "everybody use the add reset in Nizuao now so it's not cheating" not so much a good claim apparently.
    Just to be correct - our tactic involved more than just resetting the adds. I hope people that don't agree with the first 2 minutes of the video can still appreciate the last 10. Our reason for uploading was not to produce a flame war, but to share our enthousiasm for the feature and get a healthy discussion on the scene's aspects started.

  19. #219
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    140
    cleaver use of game mechanics thats it.. this is not cheating... in the other hand is not intended to be this way so yeah is a "world record" still, the time is there for a world record but not the the skill

  20. #220
    This is an impressive run, Makes me want to see what crazy schemes I can come up with

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •