Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Do you even understand the impossible part ?
    Let me ask you two-three simple questions:

Would you still call it cheating if those mobs were in front of the instance?
    If yes: How is bringing outside buffs any different from using foods / flasks / (invis) potions / items from MoP rares that CC enemies?
    If no: What difference does it make where you get your outside (as in "outside the run") buffs come from?

Remember when a big guild (Paragon I think) used a bug kinda like this for ToC I believe. They had Warlocks SS everyone in the raid, kick the locks and continue onto the raid with nearly the whole raid soulstoned and thus having 25 personal resses per attempt. Notice how they had the kill removed and Blizz changed how buffs worked (i.e. they were removed when a member of the raid left).

Blizz will change this, it's not intended. Gratz for finding a way to make it easier but it's still cheating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Remember when a big guild (Paragon I think) used a bug kinda like this for ToC I believe. They had Warlocks SS everyone in the raid, kick the locks and continue onto the raid with nearly the whole raid soulstoned and thus having 25 personal resses per attempt. Notice how they had the kill removed and Blizz changed how buffs worked (i.e. they were removed when a member of the raid left).

Blizz will change this, it's not intended. Gratz for finding a way to make it easier but it's still cheating.
    You're comparing apples to oranges:
    25 Soulstones is something not every raid / guild has at their disposal.
    Everyone can reset the run though.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges:
    25 Soulstones is something not every raid / guild has at their disposal.
    Everyone can reset the run though.
    I'm comparing two scenarios where the buff should have been removed and it wasn't thus giving you a clear advantage. Apples to apples my friend.

Awesome time and strategy, ignore the haters.

Deleted
    I'm comparing two scenarios where the buff should have been removed and it wasn't thus giving you a clear advantage. Apples to apples my friend.
    Advantage over whom exactly? You fail to see the point that everyone can do this, and it's common practice among the top running groups for Niuzao.
    Just because this group manages to handle the adds throughout the instance doesn't mean they're the only one using the reset-feature. I'm almost 100% certain that every single run on the front page of the leaderboard used it, that's just the way Niuzao is run... deal with it.

Deleted
    Very, very impressive, and much respect! Well done.

Reseting the challenge, but keeping the buff, saying it's ok and comparing with zelda speedruns and etc. is like saying that it would be ok to go, save a game on the last boss, turn it off, turn it on, load game, reset time count, beat the last boss and say "got the fastest speed run on that game! WOOHAY!!".

It's just... weird, sry.

Nice find! I bet this'll get fixed though.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xih View Post
    Or they didn't micromanage like we did.
    Reported this to Good old Blizz.

We'll see what they think about it. After all only their opinion matters, and considering this is about something that matters to them, I expect you're going to get a nice vacation soon.

People who exploit have a nice history of getting their ill gotten gains stripped from them.

Perhaps you can get a record fairly the next time?

Yeah... that's just the kind of thing that surfaces when people do these runs over and over and over trying to get top times. I don't think that it should have gone live that way, and they obviously did not intend it (you're deluding yourself if you think they did), but now that it is that way they can't really change it since it would put those trying to beat the current top times at an unfair disadvantage.

It's not really a problem though when it comes down to it TBH since everyone can do it, and those that are going for these times, and actually have a chance at it, will know about this. If they don't then they aren't trying hard enough - if you want top times you have to research and think of every possibility to reduce time as you can. Those just going for a gold time, it's not necessary for that at all. In fact it would definitely be overkill for a simple gold time - Niuzao was one of the easiest ones, IMO.

Great job. Also if you have any more videos of challenge modes let me know. My guild has only started to do these recently and we are really enjoying the challenge. Any tips or suggestions?

All of you trying to justify the cheating are you fans of Lance Armstrong? As your arguments just sound like him TBH "everyone was doing it" "level playing field, blah blah".

It's clearly a bug amd it will clearly be fixed.

Gratz on the run and very nicely done and for the instance reset trick I cant really care about it. There is another strategy in scholo with the same basics run the place on normal first for the buff to get extra damage vs last boss only different is that it last 1h instead of 30 sec but its still the same principle and blizzard did not prevent so they most be okay with it

You remember when Warlocks would go into Magister's Terrace and get their pet to stack that ridiculous debuff to 500 and then dismiss their pet, only to bring it out later in a 5s arena match and have it AOE the whole team dead in 5 seconds? Yeah, I really see this along the same lines and although you put a lot of effort forth, I have a feeling Blizzard will think it's a bug/not intended.

All of you trying to justify the cheating are you fans of Lance Armstrong? As your arguments just sound like him TBH "everyone was doing it" "level playing field, blah blah".

It's clearly a bug amd it will clearly be fixed.
    If Blizzard want to keep challenge modes interesting, they won't. This is the type of thing that will give them longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    You remember when Warlocks would go into Magister's Terrace and get their pet to stack that ridiculous debuff to 500 and then dismiss their pet, only to bring it out later in a 5s arena match and have it AOE the whole team dead in 5 seconds? Yeah, I really see this along the same lines and although you put a lot of effort forth, I have a feeling Blizzard will think it's a bug/not intended.
    Was epic as hell to watch (probably not fun to play against) and Blizz fixed it within a few days as, like this, it's clearly cheating.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    If Blizzard want to keep challenge modes interesting, they won't. This is the type of thing that will give them longevity.
    Care to explain why bugging this buff will give CM more longevity than if they remove it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clever done, and ofcourse tricky!

Grats!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    A clear exploit used to get the fastest speed in the world, beating the old record by 2 minutes? You do realize you pretty much targeted yourself and your friends, begging to get banned and the record removed by Blizzard?

And please, don't compare challenge modes to speedruns in Zelda and such. Nobody cares about Zelda. People do care about challenge modes, as there are actually something to be gained from it. Blizzard has shown their distaste to exploits like these before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thinking outside the box, i like it
    To all you butthurt people, you are just angry YOU didt think of and claimed the record first
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s