Poll: Poll

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this even a question? Draenei, of course. I don't get all the BE lovers though. They're anorexic and clumsy!

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Is this even a question? Draenei, of course. I don't get all the BE lovers though. They're anorexic and clumsy!
    They aren't anorexic, just very small framed and skinny, which to some of us is a good thing. Theirs is a healthy kind of skinny; no ribs showing. And either way, at least they don't have hooves or a tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Which is funny because this is the model I was trying to find, I remember it from that commercial, for mountain dew I believe it was. Looking back to the one I posted, definitely, you are right. That 3D model is simply phenomenal and definitely what NE's should look like.
    She looks athletic, tall, muscular, and close enough in proportions to the in game model. Proper looking hands but no one has proper looking hands in wow. I guess we're seeing different things but I play night elves only with exception to my paladin and warlock and don't see how they look too far off.

Nelf bounce FTW.

If it wasn't for that I'd be most fond of space goats.

But I only play Horde characters so whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    They aren't anorexic, just very small framed and skinny, which to some of us is a good thing. Theirs is a healthy kind of skinny; no ribs showing. And either way, at least they don't have hooves or a tail.
    Portruding ribs is not the only sign of anorexia. It's about their proportions - their legs are like matches! And even despite having hooves and tail, draenei females are thin without looking like they are skin and bone, and they move gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The thing I find usually offputting about females in wow is, whats is known as sexual dimorphism.

Basicly, what blizzard do with females in warcraft is design there shapes and forms not based on a genuine reason for them looking the way they do, but based purely on a sexual allure for players.

Now this can be overlooked easily with some race/sex types, female humans, dwarves, gnomes, goblins, night elves, forsaken, even blood elves. These work, because you can see how compared to there male counterparts, they go well together in terms of appearance.

But the other ones, female draenei, female trolls, female tauren, female worgen. These character models are ridiculously disproportioned to how they look stood next to there male counterparts. Male draenei are Huge, yet the females are Tiny. Male have huge back tails, females as dinky little tails.
    Troll females stand perfectly upright with tiny tusks and tiny ears, while males have huge noses, tusks, ears and hunch over.
    Female tauren, unlike there male counterparts who look fearce, females look all cute and buttery.
    And female worgen.. god, that was hidious, its like they tried to make werewolf barbie. The male worgen look feral and savage, the females look like a cross between a fox and a draenei.

This is the problem I have with some of the females, blizzard thinks if they try and show any female in wow as savage, hunched, without any feminine features, that it will turn people off and nobody will play those races. So instead of sticking to something more genuine, they just say 'Right, don't care how rough the men folk look, make the girls into barbie or else!'

I for one would welcome having more ugly female model for once.
    there's plenty of "ugly" female models

people just don't play them much

like females orcs and female trolls.

female dorfs or goblins aren't much to look at either.

it's a fantasy game, it isn't suppose to be "realistic" because they are fictional races, not everything has to be proportional

not every female race has to look like they were hit with a frying pan in the face, there's a nice mixture of "ugly" races and pretty races to suit everyones taste.
    Last edited by jonoy8; 2013-02-18 at 04:01 AM.

I'm not much into female squid so I have to go with dwarves, humans, night elves, and blood elves.

I picked Orc.
    Dwarf is a close second, for me, though. I don't know; I like the look. Strong, powerful, but homely and friendly. She's physically capable, self-assured in her strength, but friendly and open at the same time.

I second a Night Elf (as in: my second 90; the Night Elf is not in my list of most sexy female models) because... Well; animations and musculature. If you ask me, female Night Elves should be a bit more toned, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    not every female race has to look like they were hit with a frying pan in the face, there's a nice mixture of "ugly" races and pretty races to suit everyones taste.
    I would agree, but then...
    Why does every MALE look like they were hit in the face with a frying pan again and again until finally all hope was lost for them? Why don't we get pretty males AT ALL?
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-02-18 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    The whatever reason is that I'm not a masochist. I don't want to bruise my pelvis on a sack of bones while copulating.
    Agreed, sir. I don't wanna feel like I am gonna break it when I am hitting it.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    it's a fantasy game, it isn't suppose to be "realistic" because they are fictional races, not everything has to be proportional
    Proportions are irrelevant anyways. These are all humanoids, not "humans". They don't need to have the same physiques, postures, anatomical features humans IRL have. Even humans in game don't exactly correspond to average human physiques irl. they are a lot bulkier and muscular.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 04:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Why don't we get pretty males AT ALL?
    this is something I want answered too. Some Blood Elves and Thrall's new model (imagine outside of pauper gear) and a handful of humans are as good as it gets

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    dem curves
    Orc females are where the curves are at. Female Draenei on the other hand creep me out.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Draenei. Similar to humans enough to not be overly strange, but different enough to stand out and be very exotic.

Draenei. Dem horns...
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

tauren of course. i really hope they dont fuck them up with the model updates

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The thing I find usually offputting about females in wow is, whats is known as sexual dimorphism.

Basicly, what blizzard do with females in warcraft is design there shapes and forms not based on a genuine reason for them looking the way they do, but based purely on a sexual allure for players.

Now this can be overlooked easily with some race/sex types, female humans, dwarves, gnomes, goblins, night elves, forsaken, even blood elves. These work, because you can see how compared to there male counterparts, they go well together in terms of appearance.

But the other ones, female draenei, female trolls, female tauren, female worgen. These character models are ridiculously disproportioned to how they look stood next to there male counterparts. Male draenei are Huge, yet the females are Tiny. Male have huge back tails, females as dinky little tails.
    Troll females stand perfectly upright with tiny tusks and tiny ears, while males have huge noses, tusks, ears and hunch over.
    Female tauren, unlike there male counterparts who look fearce, females look all cute and buttery.
    And female worgen.. god, that was hidious, its like they tried to make werewolf barbie. The male worgen look feral and savage, the females look like a cross between a fox and a draenei.

This is the problem I have with some of the females, blizzard thinks if they try and show any female in wow as savage, hunched, without any feminine features, that it will turn people off and nobody will play those races. So instead of sticking to something more genuine, they just say 'Right, don't care how rough the men folk look, make the girls into barbie or else!'

I for one would welcome having more ugly female model for once.
    You're arguing sexual dimorphism with beings that aren't human. In nature there is extreme sexual dimorphism such as with the spiders and birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I don't get all the BE lovers though. They're anorexic and clumsy!
    So are supermodels and for some stupid reason there's some people who find that attractive.

Trolls, it had to be Troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves for me, then humans, draenei strangely got many votes, maybe I just not in goats (i distaste any goat feature in general)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Blood elves for me, then humans, draenei strangely got many votes, maybe I just not in goats (i distaste any goat feature in general)
    they are nothing like goats, only thing that could be slightly simmilar are hooves, but many creatures have them, so dont really see a direct connection with goats. Horns are in so many shapes, it's also nothing like goats.
    For me they are more demon look alike, sexy demon chicks but totally good.