Re-rolling Rogue from start!

Hye guys you've probably seen me on a million other threads and it's because i'm getting back into WoW and to do so i want to start from scratch and at the moment i'm just waiting for my new PC to arrive any-who back to my topic.Re-rolling on a new server no heirlooms and such and i was thinking of Rogues how are they for this are they boring grinding through levels, is there much downtime between mobs? Are they just generally fun to play rom your point of view? Because the ylike awesome. I love the mechanics of how everything is setup whilst stealthed and how much they revolve around stealth. This is why i favor Rogues over Ferals because they don't acquire stealth as much.

Deleted
    Rogues have been in my opinion the most boring thing I've ever leveled in World of Warcraft. It's frustrating not having any energy between mobs, or having mobs with 30%-ish health taunt you while you wait for your energy to do one miniscule attack. They don't really need to sit and eat often because of Recuperate and a naturally high avoidance which is a big plus though.

The only part where I enjoyed leveling my Rogue was around level 88-90 in the difficult Pandaria zones where you are pretty much forced to open with a stun and possibly stun mobs again to keep yourself alive. Then again, if you just buy all the blues you can find from the AH even this feeling will be lost.

Whether you like raiding as a Rogue at level 90 is something I can't answer for you. But if stealth is what interests you, you are going to be disappointed. You get one attack off in stealth at the start of a fight, and you can use Vanish for one more free attack. You won't really notice you are stealthed. Honestly it's not much different from Ferals.

Are you after PvE or PvP content by the way? PvP is a completely different story.

Deleted
    Well, since the zones have been revamped and reworked a lot, classes have been redesigned, equipment-rewards have been upgraded... nearly every class is easy to level.

As a rogue you do not that big downtimes or so. As combat for example you can often take two mobs at the same time and zerg them down due to "Blade Flurry" (hitting a 2nd target for the same melee dmg you hit your main target). Recuperate reduces downtimes and I think there is even a glyph which puts your "Slice and Dice" and Recuperate back at the duration it had when you activated (depending on combo points used) whenever you kill a mob.

-> Activate both at the first mob with as many combo points as possible (or 1 at the first mob, 2nd buff at the 2nd mob) and zerg the hell out of the mobs in your way

Damagewise it is as like with other classes. Missing hit/exp will sometimes be a pain in the ass and sometimes not even recognizeable.

In points of entertainment: Always depends on the person behind the screen. Some people play their rogues since Vanilla, some hate them at around level 30... That's a point you will have to find out yourself I for myself enjoyed nearly every class while leveling (and I leveled every single class from scratch to top) but never really enjoyed shamans while a friend of mine is so much in love with shamans, he leveled 3 of them :P
    Rogues for example I love the combat spec. Trash, Blade Flurry, nuking, "Killing Spree'ing" ... Dat DPS <3

P.S. : My favorite class is the one you mentioned in the end. :P I f***ing love ferals :>

Well PvP during endgame. But mainly sticking to PvE untill then. I'm sort of hoping to find a class that's fun leveling.

Like Bovan said; stealth isn't really handy at all in PVE leveling. You can occasionally sneak around guys to reach quest objectives; but you usually want to kill said guys anyways for the XP they offer. I very quickly found myself Combat spec and just running up to things spamming instants; which was decidedly not the trickster-in-the-shadows feel that I wanted out of the class.

Pretty much I felt like a Warrior except without all the signature Warrior abilities. Or the armor. Then I bailed on my Rogue in the mid 70s.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SheenTheWarlock View Post
    Well PvP during endgame. But mainly sticking to PvE untill then. I'm sort of hoping to find a class that's fun leveling.
    Ah well PvP endgame is a different story. Stealth plays a fairly big part there, unlike a Feral who opens once and doesn't do much else*. Whether you think it's fun is a different story. But while I'm not inexperienced when it comes to PvP I think you are better off asking someone else about this. But like I said before, I personally disliked leveling my Rogue. Thank god I had my OP archaeology axe from level 71-80 or else I would have murdered someone.

*besides tearing apart whoever dares to look at him.

I have to be honest with you, while I personally love my rogue and have done since vanilla.
    I wouldn't personally reccomend starting one now.
    As mentioned above, stealth is kinda pointless, downtime is somewhat reduced once you get recuperate though.
    One of my biggest gripes, is until you start getting raiding gear, energy regen really is in the toilet, and makes gameplay in my personal opinion somewhat strangled & sluggish.

A feral druid makes just as much use of stealth as a rogue.
    on the pvp front , displacer beast makes for a rather handy get away tool. just don't try it when soloing, it doesn't clear combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    -too long to quote-
    I couldn't agree with Bovan more, except that 88-90 was painful because I was 1 day into MoP and slowing down felt awful when everyone else retained their leveling speed. Started having to sap and blind on occasion to survive, which is MUCH more than I've had to do with any of my alts (my hunter died all of once, as a minor outlier, because I accidentally pulled 5 too many mobs and there were too many ground effects for FD).

I highly recommend, if you're looking for tips, grabbing a stare at ShadowPanther's guide - http://shadowpanther.net/ first post link for the PDF - but nothing except enjoying the style while leveling will make it fun. I dread leveling my rogue (through questing) every new cap, although I've enjoyed end-game content every time. Dungeons I don't have such a big problem with, although combat won't see enough CP on any target to feel useful with blade flurry up at lower levels.

Deleted
    Right just try killing a op feral, try it in any spec, gear, what ever you're muscles desire, just try it ofc im talking about equal gear... you can never touch it or any other class for that matter, and when you see the fun part that we got new talent uuuuuu, new stuff, uuu there 0, nothing , there just 0 rogue is dead thats the truth and end of the class just biff up more the retri paladins, sp, and all other pls buf them more there so low in dps, survival and all rest i feel sry for them , pls buff them more up i beg you

Of all the classes i've leveled recently rogues felt the slowest by far (in 85-90) and last i tried rogues at lower levels they were nowhere near as good as many of the other ones (hunters , mages, shammies, dk's)

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The only part where I enjoyed leveling my Rogue was around level 88-90 in the difficult Pandaria zones where you are pretty much forced to open with a stun and possibly stun mobs again to keep yourself alive. Then again, if you just buy all the blues you can find from the AH even this feeling will be lost.
    I never ran into this problem. I chain pulled everything without even entering stealth and never had to use stuns.

As for supposed energy problems, just run Assassination and put Rupture on things. That along with the Deadly Momentum glyph and recuperate made leveling fast and easy.