10+ Year Old Account

Troll racial, how do I use this properly to maximize dps?

Hey, I re-rolled shaman for mop, and I went panderen for the food racial bonus for healing. Recently i've swapped to elemental to help my guild, and now i'm looking into race changing to troll.

I've heard that there is a slight dps increase by going troll, as long as it's used properly so i would like to know how berserking can be used to max my dps.

Is it possible to use berserking with ascendance instead of elemental mastery and take the echo of the elements talent instead to get a slight dps increase?

Thanks.

Whenever you use Berserking. Make sure it's not pushing you below a 1sec GCD, as casters can't get faster than 1sec. Then stack it with as many CDs as possible.
    Personally, I wouldn't bother. If you're at a stage where you're helping your guild by race changing for extra DPS, there's a lot more than that, that can improve in your guild.
    If you were top 10 world. I'd say sure, because the 0.3% or whatever increase could be the difference between a kill and not a kill.
    If you're not 16/16HM already, don't even worry about it, it's not worth your 25 bucks.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah fair enough, thank's for your input

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual answer to your question is yes; taking EotE and using zerking during ascendance is an increase in DPS.

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree with Oxyra. Hell, I'm a goblin because I prefer rocket boots to a flat DPS boost, and I'm 16/16H.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Just macro it into your spells, so you keep using that on CD, using while Berseking could bring you to lower than the GCD but thats not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DWAR View Post
    Just macro it into your spells, so you keep using that on CD, using while Berseking could bring you to lower than the GCD but thats not a big deal.
    kill yourself

Infracted.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-02-18 at 07:49 AM.
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DWAR View Post
    Good players never macro CDs like that into spells, especially not a haste one that can be lined up with trinket/enchant/tinker procs. Use a WeakAura to track it if you're worried about remembering to use it on CD.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Basically unless you are under heroism / lust you want to use it when you are using ascendance. But in all seriousness unless you are in Blood Legion or something I wouldn't worry about switching to troll for the small dps increase over Panda.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Basically unless you are under heroism / lust you want to use it when you are using ascendance. But in all seriousness unless you are in Blood Legion or something I wouldn't worry about switching to troll for the small dps increase over Panda.
    i'm troll, i use berserking with ascendance, macro'd together i wouldn't delay it till after bloodlust, because then next time you're going to use ascendance...gg berserking doesn't line up again and never will, they're both 3 minute cooldowns so just keep using them that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i'm troll, i use berserking with ascendance, macro'd together i wouldn't delay it till after bloodlust, because then next time you're going to use ascendance...gg berserking doesn't line up again and never will, they're both 3 minute cooldowns so just keep using them that way.
    Wrong. You get a gain of 0 if you use bl ascendance and berserking together. You could aswell just not use it at all there. You usually should wait with ascendance a few seconds for trinket lineup and such anyways, so berserking will most often be off cooldown again.