Old Alliance VS Current Alliance

Hey everyone, which do you think is stronger the old Alliance or the current Alliance army? and why?

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

The old Alliance ,simply because the populations were not as decimated as they are now.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The old Alliance ,simply because the populations were not as decimated as they are now.
    I can't but agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That's a good point and I would add to that the abundance of Silver Hand paladins and high elf magi and Thalassian technology. But, then I remembered that night elves kind of have a game-changer on their side in terms of the Ancients (Goldrinn and co would surely be formidable in battle, although the orcs pwned Cenarius fairly effortlessly with the help of a little demonic sanguine pick-me-up). Plus, draenei magi, paladins and priests shouldn't be taken lightly.
    If we take into account the abilities of the faction leaders in each Alliance, I'm inclined to say the new Alliance would wipe the floor with the old (Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen).

Assuming that you're comparing WC 2 Alliance with present day alliance, I'd say the current one. We've lost a lot in the form of several human nations being decimated or leaving the Allaince, but we've gained new allies as well, giving us a more diverse and powerful toolkit. Not to mention technological advancements such as gunships.

So we're talking about the Alliance of Lordaeron vs. Current Alliance?

I would have to say the current Alliance by far. The current Alliance has the humans of Stormwind, the three united Dwarf clans, Night Elves, Gnomes, Gilneas and the Worgen, and the Draenei.

Not to mention what is not playable but still allied with the Alliance, you have Dalaran and the High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    but we've gained new allies as well, giving us a more diverse and powerful toolkit.
    In theory yes, but when cdevs strip away the diversity, denigrate the power or in the case of the Draenei, don't do crap with them either way, the diversity is lost in lieu of "humans know/do it best" and the powerful toolkit ends up being "humans keeping everything from collapsing". Not compelling at all. Alliance just replaced human cannon fodder of "smaller kingdoms" with other races.

The old one because non-humans are incompetent boobs that constantly require the awesome humans to bail them out. Old alliance had more humans so they automatically win.

current alliance for sure the old one was saved by Gul'dan
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".