Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Phantom Dust - One of the most fun games on the xbox I played.

Monster Rancher - I'd give anything for a Monster Rancher RPG that was done similar to Pokemon but still has the disk regeneration mechanic but also allows you to find disks or fragments and had ALL the monsters from ALL the games and made it so that they could all be combined.
    I'd give anything for a new Monster Rancher on a console LOL. Preferably in the style of 4 TBH.

As for me White Knight Chronicles 1/2(2 is just what the game was meant to be even has 1)

10+ Year Old Account
    The neverhood..... 95% of gaming population doesnt even know it exists.

The Neverhood received positive reviews, but was not a commercial success. Its release coincided with the mid-1990s decline of adventure games that also caused the failure of other critically acclaimed games such as Grim Fandango, which were composed in the three-dimensional animation that was mainstream at the time.

Oh and renegade.....there is a mod for it now http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x

http://media.moddb.com/images/articl...to/2jN1hE9.jpg
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Jet Force Gemini (N64)
    Operation: WinBack (N64)
    Gauntlet Legends
    Sierra's Space Quest series
    Dragon's Dogma (underrated in terms of a sales stand point)
    Lawnmower Man (SNES/Genesis)

There are tons! Literally TONS of games, but the ones I recall at this moment are:

Earthbound (mother 2)
    the Grandia series
    Legend f Legaia
    Beyond Good and Evil (though its gained a cult following)
    Kingdoms Of Amalur

Like I said that are tons I could list but these are the ones freshest in my memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many great RPG's from SNES and even more so from PS1.

Secret of Evermore - SNES
    Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen - SNES
    Earthbound (depending on who you ask and before Ness was on Super Smash Bros - SNES
    Secret of Mana (this also depends on who you ask) - SNES
    Super Mario RPG (this also depends on who you ask) - SNES
    Breath of Fire 1 and 2 - SNES

Vagrant Story - PS1
    SaGA Frontier - PS1
    Brave Fencer Musashi - PS1
    Legend of Dragoon - PS1
    Intelligent Qube - PS1
    Parappa the Rapper - PS1

It was hard for me to list Final Fantasy Tactics since it reached the greatest hits collection on ps1.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2013-02-18 at 07:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Heroes of might and magic 2/3. They tend to make good game lists, but never at the top where they belong. I hate 3DO for giving up on it. Also Star Wars Rebellion. Super cool fun times!

Deleted
    Carmageddon. It was just fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Shaqfu was awful. You are lying lol. My friend has a tie-dyed Shaqfu shirt.

Killer Instinct
    Persona Series - this might be a more American Underrated thing. I think it has larger followings abroad.
    Catherine - great puzzle game interesting stuff all around here.
    I'll echo Darksiders- thing it is getting more of a following, but really needs the sales boost.
    Dues Ex: Machina - the first game.
    Postal
    Rockstar Table Tennis - might be my favorite 360 game.
    Shaqfu was amazing and you should feel awful for lying about a game you love.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Ice Pick Lodge games
    The Void / Tension.
    Pathologic - amazing world setting and the really, really, really deep story. Though, the 1st english release was godawful in terms of translation.

That's way too many tbh
    The Yakuza series
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Driver San Francisco
    Several Adventure games like :The Cat Lady, The Book of Unwritten Tales, Resonance, To the Moon , A New Beginning, Gravity Bone and Thirty Flights of Loving. I can go on and on.

Deleted
    Seiken Densetsu 3 or Secret of Mana 2 if you will
    Dark Cloud 1 and 2
    Star Wars Republic Commando, first time i've ever seen an AI act in a good way when it comes to FPS
    Forgot to mention Metroid: Other M, i can understand why some people hate it, but i loved it. Best Metroid game since Metroid Prime 1
    Last edited by mmoc3d0d8f98f7; 2013-02-18 at 05:30 PM.

The myth series of games from Bungie, before Bungie got bought by Microsoft, when they were making Halo. Now that was a balanced game with no focus on resource management and focusing on unit management. Each unit had a point value that you could trade a lot of units for fewer powerful and the other way around.

Deleted
    I'd say Zone of the enders 2, well it's not underrated per say but it's one of the best game I've ever played (and I played a LOT ) yet it's rarely even mention.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a person above said:

Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story - two awesome games I still have on the PS1.

I would personally throw Dino Crisis into the mix, I had a lot of fun playing that too.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Carmageddon. It was just fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.
    Hell yes! Wow, I had completely forgotton about that!

jackal for NES

and

Harvester for PC

Deleted
    I'd say Legenda of Zelda: Ocarina of time! It's highly regarded but I doubt people really "love" it as much as they say. It's a much better game than just rnning around chopping grass

People mentioned Vagrant Story. I miss that game a lot, might be nostalgia but it felt pretty fresh.
    Did that ever get a follow-up?

I think a lot of you don't know the difference between overrated and underrated. Should be games in this thread that flew under the radar and didn't get the attention they deserved/hidden gems.

The guy above me who just said LoZ: Ocarina of Time. The game isn't underrated. It's considered the best game of all time. Or serveral posts up where he listed the best rpgs from SNES/PS1. Those aren't underrated.

Deleted
    Darkeden, nuff said