Ptr shows beta servers

Hi folks sorry for the stupid question, I've never had cause to go onto a ptr server but now there is something I wanted to check out so I got the client installed it, when I log on it shows the same servers (with the same number under characters) as it did when I was in the beta for MoP. I thought I read something about this a while ago but can't find it. am I doing something wrong or?

They moved MoP back into beta since they weren't happy with it as it stands. So they are rolling us back to DS but adding a new boss called "Mr. Stevens". They say he enrages after 4 minutes and only drops greens.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    They moved MoP back into beta since they weren't happy with it as it stands. So they are rolling us back to DS but adding a new boss called "Mr. Stevens". They say he enrages after 4 minutes and only drops greens.
    OMFG!!! you know some people will take you seriously?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Any other pearls of wisdom? I had done it right but having never done it, it's hard to tell.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using the beta client instead of the PTR client?

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    OMFG!!! you know some people will take you seriously?
    Well if we're going to confuse people.

This obviously proves Expansion V is going into beta soon. This happened last time, trust me I'm a doctor.

</lying>
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i dont think i am, i downloaded what appeared to be a test client from the wow website, icon says "world of warcraft, public test.

Anyone? I would love to get this working but cant find anywhere to figure out what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Are you using the beta client instead of the PTR client?

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:26 PM ----------

Well if we're going to confuse people.

This obviously proves Expansion V is going into beta soon. This happened last time, trust me I'm a doctor.

</lying>
    Snipped.

No spam, please.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-02-20 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    Anyone? I would love to get this working but cant find anywhere to figure out what's wrong.
    Most likely you need to change the version of WoW you want to launch. It will most likely have a selection option on your start up screen to change between, for instance, WoW 5 and WoW 6. Check on your battle.net account which one is the PTR and which is the Beta and input the selection for PTR.

if you didnt then do the following
    1 go to wow site and copy a character to the ptr, make sure the character copy is complete before attempting to log
    2 if you have multiple accounts enter with your ptr account should be wow1 but check all of them just incase
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Most likely you need to change the version of WoW you want to launch. It will most likely have a selection option on your start up screen to change between, for instance, WoW 5 and WoW 6. Check on your battle.net account which one is the PTR and which is the Beta and input the selection for PTR.
    How do I choose what version to launch? I see no option for that?

I go to the ptr account on the WoW site, and the only link there is beta character copy, and the realms being Lost Isles, Mechatorque Gilneas or Hammul which I remember as the beta realms I don't have an option for ptr. (Trying to copy onto those result in an error. )

Sorry for the dumb questions but for some reason I appear to have a mental block about this.

Edit: Ok, It works now, Apparently Firefox didn't want to show me the options on the transfer page, I went on with IE and it had ptr copy which then allowed me to log on my ptr account ... now ... Why firefox screwed up and IE didn't .... I'm not sure.

Thanks to those who actually... Tried to help as opposed to making expansion jokes.
    Last edited by yamilonewolf; 2013-02-20 at 11:31 PM.