1. #1

    Combat Text Appearing Behind Name Plates

    Hey everyone,

    I'm re-posting this from the official WoW forums, hopefully someone here can figure this out for me.

    Basically, my combat text (white/yellow/orange) is hidden behind target nameplates. It can still be seen, but it just appears behind them.

    I have disabled every addon that could possibly mess with this, I've seen no difference so far. Even with vanilla nameplates and no combat text addons, the text is still hidden behind nameplates.

    I've tried deleting my Cache and WTF folders, but nothing changed.

    Does anyone have any clue how to fix this?

    Thanks a lot!

    #: I'm not interested in using MSBT or any other such addons to get around the issue, I want to fix it!

  2. #2
    Which addons have you not disabled?

    I would recommend deleting your interface folder (or at least renaming it) to go back to he default UI, if it is still not working then its nothing to do with your addons.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Which addons have you not disabled?

    I would recommend deleting your interface folder (or at least renaming it) to go back to he default UI, if it is still not working then its nothing to do with your addons.
    I have tried toggling all of the addons off in the menu, would that still accomplish the same thing?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ShenronAlt View Post
    I have tried toggling all of the addons off in the menu, would that still accomplish the same thing?
    Renaming the interface folder will also rebuild the blizz ones, if it still doesn't work then its an issue with the game. You don't have to delete it, just rename it so that you can put all your addons back.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Renaming the interface folder will also rebuild the blizz ones, if it still doesn't work then its an issue with the game. You don't have to delete it, just rename it so that you can put all your addons back.
    Mk, tried renaming, but it still didn't work... Must be something seriously wrong then

  6. #6
    also try renaming your WTF folder to WTF-Old as well so that gets rebuilt.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Taryble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,038
    If I remember correctly, Blizzard's FCT is rendered as part of the 3D world, while the Nameplates are part of the UI layer that sits on top of it.

    Part of the WoW design is that UI elements are always "on top of" 3D world elements. AFAIK, what you're seeing is not a bug.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    If I remember correctly, Blizzard's FCT is rendered as part of the 3D world, while the Nameplates are part of the UI layer that sits on top of it.

    Part of the WoW design is that UI elements are always "on top of" 3D world elements. AFAIK, what you're seeing is not a bug.
    This is unfortunate. I'm just getting back into wow (after 4 years of being inactive) and the first thing I noticed was the default Blizzard FCT appearing behind the nameplates, as OP mentioned. Back when I was still active (TBC expansion) the default behavior was that they would appear ABOVE the nameplates (edit: 'above' as in y-axis above, not layered above). It's SOOOOOOO much cleaner that way. Why in the name of Satan would they do this AND make it hardcoded / unable to be tweaked? It's little things like this that have really irritated me while trying to get my UI up to speed again.
    Last edited by Randrage; 2013-03-05 at 05:35 AM. Reason: clarificaiton

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •