Fix to nature's guardian

Nature's guardian has always been an undesired talent. It has a niche in some pvp and a few pve situations but generally has been disregarded for more well rounded and useful talents.

Now be that as it may i was thinking and quick fix that's inline with the design concept of the talent is to add a feign death portion to it. This will make it more attractive to pvp users as it will buy precious time in pvp as people have to retarget you as well as already giving you a health bonus.

What do you guys think?

Hmm I dont know feign death wont buy you that much time, I'd actually give it the priest's spectral guise treatment, like any time a hit takes you below 35% health you'd leave a copy of yourself and enter the spirit world for 6 sec - cannot proc more than once every 40 secs or so.

That would be cool to have :P

They're already buffing it for 5.2 which will make it very desirable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    They're already buffing it for 5.2 which will make it very desirable.
    This indeed.. Talent is the same as before, except you dont loose the 25% hp you gain when it procs, which basicly means it could potentially heal you for 25% of your HP every time that mage does his deepfreeze shatter combo on you..

Should also be handy in PVE - it's free healing. You just pick the talent and forgot everything about it.. It'll do it's thing when it can.

Deleted
    I don't understand how this is going to work, can someone explain? If we don't lose the 25 % maximum hp then it is possible to stack it to infinity? Right now it works similarly to Last Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    I don't understand how this is going to work, can someone explain? If we don't lose the 25 % maximum hp then it is possible to stack it to infinity? Right now it works similarly to Last Stand.
    no, currently say you have 400k hp..for easy numbers.

if you hit 99k hp, you will be healed to 199k/500k hp +25% max hp and 25% heal. when the effect ends, say you took damage and currently are 101k/500k hp, you will be returned to 1k/400k hp, effectively giving you 0 healing done.

in 5.2 if you are 99k/400k you will go 199k/500k hp, but at the end if you took damage and currently are 101k/500k, you will go to 101k/400k hp, meaning you healed 100k hp, if you are 500k/500k as it ends of course you will be returned to 400k/400k meaning you didn't really heal anything.

i will be more likely to use NG in 5.2 currently in pve i never use it because of the shocking 25% hp loss when the effect wears off, if the raid isn't stable i can often take damage and lose my NG hp buff and die instantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    in 5.2 if you are 99k/400k you will go 199k/500k hp, but at the end if you took damage and currently are 101k/500k, you will go to 101k/400k hp,
    No. You would go from 101k/500k to 80.8k/400k when the effect ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

its simple once the effect ends u dont lose the ur current hp no really questions to be asked here

Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    that would conflict with the "your current hp remains unchanged" idea of NG fix for 5.2 since thats losing 20k hp.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. From the patch notes, under Shaman:
    The talent Nature's Guardian now preserves the player's health percentage when its maximum health boosting effect expires.
    (Source.)
    Last edited by kaikoraimi; 2013-02-20 at 04:14 AM. Reason: misread a thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    The talent Nature's Guardian now preserves the player's health percentage when its maximum health boosting effect expires.
    QFT.

Is it really that hard to understand?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I think puupi is right. Else they wouldn't have used that wording. However it is still much better than before where the chance was high you die anyway after the effects ends and you didn't got some healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will probably be using Nature's Guardian in 5.2. I used it in the beginning of MoP, too. It's especially good for progression when you aren't yet so familiar with the encounters. Once you know the encounters in and out, Astral Shift wins because you know when to use it and for what; but that usually takes many wipes, trials and errors.

I will probably be using Nature's Guardian in 5.2. I used it in the beginning of MoP, too. It's especially good for progression when you aren't yet so familiar with the encounters. Once you know the encounters in and out, Astral Shift wins because you know when to use it and for what; but that usually takes many wipes, trials and errors.
    with shamanistic range you are much for flexible now for tier1 so you could keep natures guardian as a backup talent and still have a strong cd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    with shamanistic range you are much for flexible now for tier1 so you could keep natures guardian as a backup talent and still have a strong cd
    Well resto shamans won't get shamanistic rage. But that is true for ele, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think of it as healing you for 25% of your health, as the buff. The effect where your health is increased by 25% for 10 seconds is still there, you just get that buffed, healing portion as well now.

Except for fights where there's a devastate-effect to counter, I'm sticking with this for Resto, for sure.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Preserving the percentage means it's impossible to die because of the hp loss. With that in mind, is it possible to die right now? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    Preserving the percentage means it's impossible to die because of the hp loss. With that in mind, is it possible to die right now? ;D
    I din't test this, but if I recall right, all effects that provide bonus health don't kill when the effect ends, it just let you with 1hp, with would result in death anyway if you are taking any sort of damage.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman