Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    No one likes Arena either.
    I wish I didn't need to do arena just to get gear so I don't get 4 shot in random BGs by arena players that are slumming it. I hope my tears were delicious. You arena players should have at least thanked me for making you feel awesome

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I wish I didn't need to do arena just to get gear so I don't get 4 shot in random BGs by arena players that are slumming it. I hope my tears were delicious. You arena players should have at least thanked me for making you feel awesome
    The Conquest cap for Arena and Random Battlegrounds is the same.
    The cap for RBG is higher.
    So you need to do RBGs, not Arena.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

  3. #23
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post
    More teams - yes, perhaps..

    Reborn? - no...

    What I see as a major flaw is that it is so extremely punishing to join a random RBG-team if your rating is more than 200 higher than the average player in your RBG pug. For instance, I have around 1880 rating atm, but on my server there are -no- rbg teams above 1600 rating. If I want to do a few RBGs I need to join a cross-server RBG group to find someone at the same mediocre rating as I have.
    If I join one of the 1600 rated teams on my server (which is a lot easier since I can see them asking in trade and I know a few of them), then as soon as we loose 1 match, I loose ~100 rating. So if we have a good night and win 4 fights and loose 1, I will end up with -80 rating. If we have a bad night and loose 4 and win 1, then I will end up with -350 rating or so.. It's a loss no matter what.
    You could state that it isnt really important to loose that rating since it's not like Im going to get any titles and stuff like that, but it still feels like a punishment for me to join such a group. And that feeling of getting punished will still mean that I wont join a lower rated group..

    Imo the amount of rating you can loose should be capped around 20 rating. Im perfectly fine with winning only awarding 1-5 rating if your rating is far above the other team.
    THis is just a bald faced lie. THere is a capon how much rating you can lose. I have went into a rbg on my 2450 fdk to help out a buddy...the MMR was about 1700, and I only lost 35 points. THere is a cap on how much you can get in each rbg (i believe it is 192) and ther eis a cap on how much you can lose (I havent seen more than 38 , and that was with about an 800 mmr difference between my CR and the groups MMR).

    And allowing losing teams to get conquest even for losing will be the death of rated pvp. Awards for losing means even shitty players can get gear, which completely removes any incentive for good players to play anymore. You pepople can try to say titles or the competition is a reward in itself, but you'd be full of shit. I would be willign to bet money that its the pve heroes who say shit like that, and I can guarantee if you dropped the rewards form raiding progression and made everyone capable of getting the same pve gear, there would be QQ like you have never seen before. As far as I am concerned, they should do to pve gear what they are doing to pvp gear. Its only fair

  4. #24
    High Overlord TheBGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    And allowing losing teams to get conquest even for losing will be the death of rated pvp. Awards for losing means even shitty players can get gear, which completely removes any incentive for good players to play anymore.
    I have to respectively disagree with you on this. I love to rbg and I do not have very great ratings. I got a late start and have got up to mid 1800's so far, so I cannot speak to high rated rbgs.

    However, you will be able to get a max of 200 conq point for a CLOSE game. That is probably something like a 1520-1600 EoTS or AB. You will not just be given 200 conquest for getting blown out by a good team even at low mmr's. I do not see how it will ruin rbgs. They already screwed it up by getting rid of rating based gear (i.e. elite gear) and making it require 27,000 conquest in the season. This has been gone over multiple times but I will touch on it as well. It is still going to take the casual/non hardcore pvp'er a lot of weeks to get to 27,000. Even if they are able to get to say 1650 quickly, they will be able to earn 2,471 conquest points per week. 27,000/2,471 = 10.92 weeks...over 2 and a half months to break the 27,000 point threshold.

    Head 2250
    Neck 1250
    Shoulders 1750
    Back 1250
    Chest 2250
    Bracers 1250
    Gloves 1750
    Belt 1750
    Legs 2250
    Boots 1750
    Ring 1 1250
    Ring 2 1250
    Trinket 1 1750
    Trinket 2 1750
    Weapon/OH 3500
    27,000.

    They will not touch Elite level gear until week 12, 3 months into the season.

    Good players that push that 2000+ rating will obtain Elite level gear much more quickly and still have the jump on the lesser rated players.

    Rated PvP will not die. It might even get better because people will be able to get some extra conquest for a close game.

  5. #25
    Rbgs worst idea ever and blizzard pushes them on us like we want to do them. I really dont see what was so bad about arena that they had to mess the entire game up with these horrible RBGS.

    Another thing that does not make sense is the fact that a 2k rbg rating gives you like a 2700 cap but a 2k arena rating gives you like a 2200... Its really annoying to have to do rbgs to get the best gear fast so that you can be competitive.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 10:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    I have to respectively disagree with you on this. I love to rbg and I do not have very great ratings. I got a late start and have got up to mid 1800's so far, so I cannot speak to high rated rbgs.

    However, you will be able to get a max of 200 conq point for a CLOSE game. That is probably something like a 1520-1600 EoTS or AB. You will not just be given 200 conquest for getting blown out by a good team even at low mmr's. I do not see how it will ruin rbgs. They already screwed it up by getting rid of rating based gear (i.e. elite gear) and making it require 27,000 conquest in the season. This has been gone over multiple times but I will touch on it as well. It is still going to take the casual/non hardcore pvp'er a lot of weeks to get to 27,000. Even if they are able to get to say 1650 quickly, they will be able to earn 2,471 conquest points per week. 27,000/2,471 = 10.92 weeks...over 2 and a half months to break the 27,000 point threshold.

    Head 2250
    Neck 1250
    Shoulders 1750
    Back 1250
    Chest 2250
    Bracers 1250
    Gloves 1750
    Belt 1750
    Legs 2250
    Boots 1750
    Ring 1 1250
    Ring 2 1250
    Trinket 1 1750
    Trinket 2 1750
    Weapon/OH 3500
    27,000.

    They will not touch Elite level gear until week 12, 3 months into the season.

    Good players that push that 2000+ rating will obtain Elite level gear much more quickly and still have the jump on the lesser rated players.

    Rated PvP will not die. It might even get better because people will be able to get some extra conquest for a close game.

    Now they just need to do this for arena players also!! ^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •