Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    If its not for you then its not for you. Marriage isn't for everybody.

However, it sure sounds as if you haven't made this very clear to her at least.

The one that's mentioning marriage & babies needs to be told plainly & clearly that you're not interested in those things. Stop wasting her time. If you don't tell her bluntly your feelings about this then you are using her.
    Yup.

Tell her you are not monogamous

I dont count '5' other woman acceptable- to most womans standards.

Oh btw please make sure you are being tested on the reg. If those woman know you are with so many I wouldnt be surprised if they also were having several men.

Sooooo you came to psuedo-brag and tell us about this woman you're leading on.

Nice.

Lower Taxes, property rights acquired with your loved one, security in many fashions, help raising a child, romantic jesture, etc. A few good reasons.

Never thought I would get married then I did. Get tired of strange, tired of crazy, etc. Also, my wife is awesome. Plays games, reads comics, good artist, enjoys working, hot, financially stable, share same interests and a decent amount of view points, likes to cook. This works well because I play games, read comics, like art, like working, would spend all my money, love to eat, etc. You'll find a match at some point...guy or girl....however that works for ya.

Do you have to get married...nope...but so far mine is nice. But yeah, expect chicks to want you to settle down. Girls don't go out chasing the dick forever. Girls will tend to want you to settle down at some point. Good luck, but leading some one on etc is a bad decision. Be up front. Tell her you just want to bang and hang out when its fun and convenient to you. Otherwise you are just leading her on. Don't give us that endless relationship doesn't need marriage nonsense to be with someone. Its a cover up for you don't want to marry her and want to chase ass. Being upfront won't loose you any sex, but it won't secure future sex either.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2013-02-18 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    *snip*
    You're not a very respectable person, are you?

The question is often asked by people too young to understand the answer. That said, it's surely not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    Higher Tax Brackets, more tax discounts, potential higher credit score, higher loan approvals, lower bills from having combined finances, Visitation rights in Jail/Hospitalization, Immigration and residency benefits, Eligibility for insurance under spouse even if you would not be covered by yourself, Discounts for insurance, "family" discounts for any number of services, Government benefits in the event of your spouses death like Social Security, Medicare, Veterans benefits, Property and Inheritance Rights, Federal and some Privet Employee Benefits, (such as pensions, retirement plans, Sick leave, Maternity Leave, ect) Child Custody Rights, Being able to get a crap ton of stuff for free at your wedding/shower, being able to start sentences with "my wife..." having a companion through lives hardships that is tied to you in a more meaningful way that just being "your girl"
    and biased on surveyed results,

More likely to live longer
    More likely to be physically healthier
    More likely to be mentally healthier
    More likely to be happier
    Recover from illness quicker and more successfully
    Generally, take better care of themselves and avoid risky behavior

and everything listed here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_..._United_States

from personal experience, i have had a kidney disease since i was 7, i was denied personal health insurance, now that i am married i am covered for major medical/dental and vision. this would not have been possible if i where still single.

And although all these can be valid reasons too, to me the most important thing about a healthy, happy marriage is this;

Marriage doesn't double the burdens, it halves the load. <3

This is not the kind of person who should get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    God invented marriage
    Which God do you refer to? Strangely enough, (almost) everyone's "imaginary friend" has this same idea. Equally strange no furthering of our species should apparently take place without this religious coupling. If you don't like the idea of god - NO BREEDING FOR YOU. GOD>Humankind. So god would rather have no followers and no chance at followers than have people daring to copulate without believing in him?
    MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

Anyway, on topic - personal choice. I consider it a reasonably sound move but then I'm not stupid enough to try and stick a ring on any random female who'll open their legs for me. Even GF material =/= wife material.

Infracted: Please refrain from being disrespectful towards certain religions by calling gods "imaginary friends".
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-18 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is not the kind of person who should get married.
    Probably college age and getting his first stab at multiple sex partners and thinks he's ballin. Even came to a gameing forum to brag about it. Got a stable of hoes don't he. Look at that epeen...6 girls must make that thing at least a foot long.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Which God do you refer to? Strangely enough, (almost) everyone's "imaginary friend" has this same idea. Equally strange no furthering of the species should apparently take place without this religious coupling. If you don't like the idea of god - NO BREEDING FOR YOU. GOD>Humankind. So god would rather have no followers and no chance at followers than have people daring to copulate without believing in him?
    MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!
    Faith won't see logic because it holds fear at bay. It's a debate you cannot win, so you're being disrespectful for no reason.
    __

Addressing your edit, It would seem you have a double standard. I don't doubt people think the same thing about you not being good materiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Probably college age and getting his first stab at multiple sex partners and thinks he's ballin. Even came to a gameing forum to brag about it. Got a stable of hoes don't he. Look at that epeen...6 girls must make that thing at least a foot long.
    The way he described women, and how he obviously treats them is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-02-18 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Faith won't see logic because it holds fear at bay. It's a debate you cannot win, so you're being disrespectful for no reason.
    __

Addressing your edit, It would seem you have a double standard. I don't doubt people think the same thing about you not being good materiel.

The way he described women, and how he obviously treats them is unacceptable.
    Never said it was acceptable. Hence the rolling eye smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    no good reason to get married these days! Can anyone think of a good point of getting married!

1. I get sex on a regular basis.
    2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day.
    3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve.

the reason I bring is up is because, I've been talking to this girl for a while (I also have 5 women on the side) and she's trying to judge me saying. every man should get married at some point in his life. this I feel is very judgmental and wrong, what do you all think? also she's bringing up the baby conversations, ridiculous.
    The more I think about it the more it makes me wonder why you care what this one woman thinks. This 1 out of 5 or so others, who are all sliding around your sexy bedroom, slipping on your manly spooge, falling all over themselves with want for you, but they never ever add the annoyance of calling your house all day, for they are at work at all times exactly as a man should, for they do fear starving.

But of course they'll never starve with your hot hot swingin' hot dog to munch on, eh?

So why, when you don't care about serious relationships & have these Slippin' 'n Slidin' Sluts to do your bidding, why are you even slightly concerned with the sweet, kind, loving thoughts of a girl who looks toward her future & tries to picture what feels like success in her heart? A girl who sees a happy Family, maybe a child or 2 & a husband are there when she closes her eyes & fantasizes about her future, in the life that she feels is worth a shot, worth aiming & hoping for that feels like happiness & success to her.

Why, Mr. Slippin' 'n Slidin' Slut Factory, why do you care or take the time to write to an online forum about her ideas of her ideal future when you find it so silly, so unworthy, so "ridiculous"? Maybe ask yourself instead.

There are plenty of good reasons to get married. Not personally seeing the benefit, or not believing in monogamy doesn't mean there aren't good reasons to get married.

People who don't want to get married are afraid of commitment, period. There are no reasons not to get married that don't stem from insecurity in the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    People who don't want to get married are afraid of commitment, period. There are no reasons not to get married that don't stem from insecurity in the relationship.
    thats an opinion NOT a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    thats an opinion NOT a fact.
    It's really not. It's fact.

It's really not. It's fact.
    no, it IS an opinion. I have friends who do not believe in marriage.

or maybe they dont want to chance it not working out and ending in divorce. btw yes there are other reasons not to. just because YOU dont consider them valid does not invalidate them. some people are gay and CANNOT get married in their chosen state and do not wish to or dont have the means to move.
    this would be one perfectly reasonable example.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-02-18 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    no, it IS an opinion. I have friends who do not believe in marriage.
    Yes, I'm sure they say that, but when you get down to the core, they aren't sure the person they are currently with is someone they see themselves wanting to be with for the remainder of their lives. That's insecurity in the relationship.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    or maybe they dont want to chance it not working out and ending in divorce. btw yes there are other reasons not to. just because YOU dont consider them valid does not invalidate them.
    Again, "chance of divorce" implies they aren't sure. I'm not calling the people themselves insecure, but I'm saying that as a unit, they aren't secure.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-02-18 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Was there a good reason before? News to me.
    Yeah it was op before, got a major nerf in the latest hotfix though : /