Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Faith won't see logic because it holds fear at bay. It's a debate you cannot win, so you're being disrespectful for no reason.
    __

Addressing your edit, It would seem you have a double standard. I don't doubt people think the same thing about you not being good materiel.

The way he described women, and how he obviously treats them is unacceptable.
    Never said it was acceptable. Hence the rolling eye smiley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    no good reason to get married these days! Can anyone think of a good point of getting married!

1. I get sex on a regular basis.
    2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day.
    3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve.

the reason I bring is up is because, I've been talking to this girl for a while (I also have 5 women on the side) and she's trying to judge me saying. every man should get married at some point in his life. this I feel is very judgmental and wrong, what do you all think? also she's bringing up the baby conversations, ridiculous.
    The more I think about it the more it makes me wonder why you care what this one woman thinks. This 1 out of 5 or so others, who are all sliding around your sexy bedroom, slipping on your manly spooge, falling all over themselves with want for you, but they never ever add the annoyance of calling your house all day, for they are at work at all times exactly as a man should, for they do fear starving.

But of course they'll never starve with your hot hot swingin' hot dog to munch on, eh?

So why, when you don't care about serious relationships & have these Slippin' 'n Slidin' Sluts to do your bidding, why are you even slightly concerned with the sweet, kind, loving thoughts of a girl who looks toward her future & tries to picture what feels like success in her heart? A girl who sees a happy Family, maybe a child or 2 & a husband are there when she closes her eyes & fantasizes about her future, in the life that she feels is worth a shot, worth aiming & hoping for that feels like happiness & success to her.

Why, Mr. Slippin' 'n Slidin' Slut Factory, why do you care or take the time to write to an online forum about her ideas of her ideal future when you find it so silly, so unworthy, so "ridiculous"? Maybe ask yourself instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of good reasons to get married. Not personally seeing the benefit, or not believing in monogamy doesn't mean there aren't good reasons to get married.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    People who don't want to get married are afraid of commitment, period. There are no reasons not to get married that don't stem from insecurity in the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    People who don't want to get married are afraid of commitment, period. There are no reasons not to get married that don't stem from insecurity in the relationship.
    thats an opinion NOT a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    thats an opinion NOT a fact.
    It's really not. It's fact.

It's really not. It's fact.
    no, it IS an opinion. I have friends who do not believe in marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    or maybe they dont want to chance it not working out and ending in divorce. btw yes there are other reasons not to. just because YOU dont consider them valid does not invalidate them. some people are gay and CANNOT get married in their chosen state and do not wish to or dont have the means to move.
    this would be one perfectly reasonable example.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-02-18 at 06:36 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, it IS an opinion. I have friends who do not believe in marriage.
    Yes, I'm sure they say that, but when you get down to the core, they aren't sure the person they are currently with is someone they see themselves wanting to be with for the remainder of their lives. That's insecurity in the relationship.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    or maybe they dont want to chance it not working out and ending in divorce. btw yes there are other reasons not to. just because YOU dont consider them valid does not invalidate them.
    Again, "chance of divorce" implies they aren't sure. I'm not calling the people themselves insecure, but I'm saying that as a unit, they aren't secure.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-02-18 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Was there a good reason before? News to me.
    Yeah it was op before, got a major nerf in the latest hotfix though : /

10+ Year Old Account
    "2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day."

Why would a wife be calling your house all day? She lives there too.

"3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve."

Ok its 2013...most women do work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'm sure they say that, but when you get down to the core, they aren't sure the person they are currently with is someone they see themselves wanting to be with for the remainder of their lives. That's insecurity in the relationship.

Again, "chance of divorce" implies they aren't sure. I'm not calling the people themselves insecure, but I'm saying that as a unit, they aren't secure.
    and what about the scenario i added in there?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and what about the scenario i added in there?
    I didn't see that you added
    some people are gay and CANNOT get married in their chosen state and do not wish to or dont have the means to move.
    this would be one perfectly reasonable example.
    I support gay marriage. Being unable to is different than not wanting to or saying there's no reason to.

Again, "chance of divorce" implies they aren't sure.
    ok ill clear this up for you my friends are a sect of pagans that do not believe in marriage. they do take mates but they do not marry. the patriarch of the community has been with his mate for 45 years. they have 5 kids 3 boys 2 girls all of them are grown and believe as there parents do. in there religion a mate is a person you agree to live with kind of like a roommate if kids are made that is there decision but they are not bound to that mate they may leave at anytime. this is because there religion teaches that the idea of marriage is not natural and so is not a practice of there beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Being married helps me not only be with the love of my wife, but i get benefits from the government.
    i do not need to worry about paying my tuition now when i go to school for my computer engineering degree.

sounds like you don't fully understand the concept of marriage, since we are going here.

1.) The intent of being married is to be with the one you love for the rest of your life, having sex on a regular basis is a part of marriage, but not the whole enchilada
    2.) your second statement has no relevance to being married as i don't have that issue, sounds like a big misconception you have there
    3.) you have another misconception of marriage where you automatically assume that the man is the breadwinner and the woman stays at home, again that is false. every marriage is different so i don't know how you formulated these things.

you either are too young and are boasting off to sound cool or you really never understood the definition of marriage. lol. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Not trying to be harsh to you man but the way you put it off makes me sound like you are trying to rile things up.

Could not have said it better myself.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My parents have been together for over 30 years and they arent married :P I just think of marriage as something that some people like to do, but not as a neccesity.

I dont really plan on getting married as I dont really care about it. If I truly love someone I can be with them untill I'm dead and buried, marriage or not. It makes no difference to me. And in case there's a breakup it's a lot easier to manage if you are not married. And unless I'm mistaken here in Finland you dont really get any tax-based benefits from being married :P

But hey, if the woman I love insists on it... then sure, I'll get married with her if it's that important!

I just dont think of it as a neccesity for being able to be and live with someone.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-02-18 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok ill clear this up for you my friends are a sect of pagans that do not believe in marriage. they do take mates but they do not marry. the patriarch of the community has been with his mate for 45 years. they have 5 kids 3 boys 2 girls all of them are grown and believe as there parents do. in there religion a mate is a person you agree to live with kind of like a roommate if kids are made that is there decision but they are not bound to that mate they may leave at anytime. this is because there religion teaches that the idea of marriage is not natural and so is not a practice of there beliefs.
    I suppose once religion is brought into the picture most rational things go out the window. There's really no way for me to respond to this because lots of people try to justify things by saying "it's part of my religion". Religion can't really be argued with. You can debate whether or not there's a reason to believe, but when someone's view of life is faith based, evidence isn't really that important to them.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-02-18 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Trying to be more respectful.

I suppose if someone is part of a cult than most rational things go out the window. There's really no way for me to respond to this because lots of people try to justify things by saying "it's part of my religion". Religion can't really be argued with. You can debate whether or not there's a reason to believe, but when someone's view of life is faith based, evidence isn't really that important to them.
    your welcom to your opinion but don't call a religion a cult. Im not religious at all but even I have the respect to call religions just that a religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    your welcom to your opinion but don't call a religion a cult. Im not religious at all but even I have the respect to call religions just that a religion.
    I agree that "cult' is not a very respectful word. I apologize.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-02-18 at 06:56 AM.

I agree that "cult' is not a very respectful word. My apologies.
    ty and to expand on the point at hand marriage as we know it is a very new idea it frist came around between 2000 and 4000 year ago befor that there was a nomadic community family type system.