Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    How is someone a pig that is hanging out with multiple girls? If you arent going out and are just going on occasional dates and fooling around, then you arent going out or married. Who wouldnt want to keep their options open if a beautiful sexy girl comes along in the gym and starts talking to me? Should i walk away because i might be seeing someone or are just taking it slow, not even going out. People take that so seriously now which is why dating younger women makes it so much easier than dealing with a older women who wants kids now and marriage and feels time creeping up.
    You don't have to care about other human beings but just be honest about it. If you are not honest about it then yes you are a pig.
    I wonder how many girls you would be hanging out with if you told them about the others.

    Or is there some statistic, experiment or study about how people don't care being lied to?

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Marriage itself isn't the problem, society around it and women are. At this point, why would I "risk" marriage as a man when I can love someone just fine outside it?
    Why do you think women are the problem?

    Or society, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

  3. #283
    Pandaren Monk Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    If you have five other women then you should not get married
    This. You obviously have the lifestyle of someone that does not want to get married. Who cares what she says. She obviously wants to get married, she should just move on and be with someone that wants to settle down. Case closed. Marriage is a personal decision. Not everyone wants to, and it isn't right for everyone.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    There are no assumptions. Not all husbands turn into lazy slobs (my father worked two jobs part time--including being a military reservist--as supplementary income for our family outside of his career as a commercial airline pilot), obviously not marrying someone does not mean they would not become a lazy slob.

    My fundamental belief is that most marriages do not work. There is a 50% divorce rate in the U.S., but I would argue that less than half of those couples who are married are in a mutually satisfying relationship; the rest stay in the relationship due to financial constraints/children/emotional constraints/habit. That is not a very good success rate for marriage.
    Well...honestly if you believe a marriage isn't going to work, then it won't. Both people have to put 100% into a relationship in order for it to work, obviously. Most people these days get married because it's the thing to do, they don't understand its original purpose and believe that any problems that occur during the relationship will fix themselves just because they're married. When problems do arise most people don't have the patience to resolve them (mostly in part to individuals never thinking that they themselves might be to blame) because they believed that marriage would magically make them love each other forever.

    You seem to be acting as if you have no control over the situation and that a marriage will definitely fail no matter what you do. You seem like a smart person, I think you'd be able to reason whether or not your partner is worth marrying or not.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why do you think women are the problem?

    Or society, for that matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlvMAS_20K4

    I hate to repeat myself, but ever since women started thinking like men ("sex with no strings is attached"), men have been losing the desire to push themselves.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-18 at 10:01 AM.

  6. #286
    I like how people are saying "If you chose not to get married you are a pig and people will look at you being disguested at the age of 35"
    Or "If you say you dont want to be married, then you are not old enough to know better"
    Or that "there must be something wrong with you, you are insecure (and other reasons), if you dont get married"

    So if people dont share your opinion, then there must be something wrong with them? Would it not sound more reasonable to say "You are insecure because you need to have it written down on paper to feel secure with your partner"?
    Why do i think marriage fail? Because of "Love", you think you "love someone", but in reality 2 years later you no longer "love this person", and you are boored of them. Sure maybe you look at them as if they are your best friend, but what about everything else that is suppose to be in a relationship? Should you stay together and dont be sexually attracted to your partner, and then "live like friends/roomates" do?
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

  7. #287
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,224
    In my country parents get some benefits when being married if they get a child. If they're separated, only the woman gets the benefits.

  8. #288
    Mechagnome Fitzgerald77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    no good reason to get married these days! Can anyone think of a good point of getting married!

    1. I get sex on a regular basis.
    2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day.
    3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve.
    Preach bro, PREACH!!!

    I never want to get married... And I probably never will be with me not wanting to have kids. To me, marriage it's just more unneeded headaches and problems in life.

    I really, REALLY like number 3 by the way. I have never really understood this whole obligation for a man to settle down with someone and support a woman and kids either, it irritates me to no end.

    But uhh, 5 women on the side? That's just plain uncool IMO. I would never cheat or fool around on the side while dating a woman simply because I would never do something to someone that I wouldn't want done to me.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    no good reason to get married these days! Can anyone think of a good point of getting married!

    1. I get sex on a regular basis.
    2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day.
    3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve.


    the reason I bring is up is because, I've been talking to this girl for a while (I also have 5 women on the side) and she's trying to judge me saying. every man should get married at some point in his life. this I feel is very judgmental and wrong, what do you all think? also she's bringing up the baby conversations, ridiculous.
    1. Being married you can have that sex on a regular basis mean something more, having a special connection with that person that you don't have with anyone else.

    2. It seems you only care about yourself.

    3. Men and woman are different and they complete each other, in a marriage, both sides take care of each other and should be selfless toward each other. Completely reciprocal.

    4. Sex makes children! Who would of thought? Children need their loving parents that love each other (True love, being selfless, not JUST lust).

    Stop using women as objects, even if they want to be treated as such. Treat them as a person.

    People using sex just to "have fun" and don't care about the baby it makes (gets murdered in a lot of cases), don't care about what it does to yourself, how having multiple partners just makes you more and more empty. Does not care about both sides families, that baby was someones grandson/daughter/, cousin, nephew etc.

    It makes me sad when people keep on having sex with so many people and don't want any commitment, or are only committed until something "better" comes along, or to "keep your options open." You are "single" but keep on "coupling."

  10. #290
    For many european countries there are actually plenty of reasons *not* to get married. Most importantly, taxes (married couples often pay more taxes because they are taxed together) and legal stuff. Then, the whole mess with the second name. Finally, divorce is extremely expensive in any case.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 01:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    1. Being married you can have that sex on a regular basis mean something more, having a special connection with that person that you don't have with anyone else.
    I don't need a piece of paper or a ridiculous ritual to have a special connection to other person.

  11. #291
    no good reason to get married these days
    Started by Dydric

    I admit I'm a very sexist man
    Started by Dydric

    Top 5 things that you hate about the other sex!
    Started by Dydric

    I'm surprised you conned any women into going near you... they must have a fairly low self esteem, judging from your recent opinions here.

    I personally wouldn't touch you with someone elses.

    A good reason to get married might be religious, as a show of commitment and love, or to legally cement your relationship. The fact that you can only see it as an institution for women to try and steal your stuff says it all really.

  12. #292
    The Lightbringer Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    no good reason to get married these days
    Started by Dydric

    I admit I'm a very sexist man
    Started by Dydric

    Top 5 things that you hate about the other sex!
    Started by Dydric

    I'm surprised you conned any women into going near you... they must have a fairly low self esteem, judging from your recent opinions here.

    I personally wouldn't touch you with someone elses.

    A good reason to get married might be religious, as a show of commitment and love, or to legally cement your relationship. The fact that you can only see it as an institution for women to try and steal your stuff says it all really.
    Isn't it ironic how your insult towards him, for being among other things a self-proclaimed sexist, is also extremely misogynistic?

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    For many european countries there are actually plenty of reasons *not* to get married. Most importantly, taxes (married couples often pay more taxes because they are taxed together) and legal stuff. Then, the whole mess with the second name. Finally, divorce is extremely expensive in any case.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 01:20 PM ----------



    I don't need a piece of paper or a ridiculous ritual to have a special connection to other person.
    Sure if you truly marry that person, then don't ever leave, and love that person more then yourself, and ALWAYS be there for that person, and for children you make together, that is half of yours and theirs DNA.
    Last edited by Belisarius565; 2013-02-18 at 01:26 PM.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    Sure if you truly marry that person, then don't ever leave, and love that person more then yourself, and ALWAYS be there for that person, and for children you make together, that is half of yours and theirs DNA.
    That is a bit overly idealistic, don't you think?

  15. #295
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Pfff there is no reason to get married.

    I will never be, and i will never have children either. (Dont like them)
    I used to say the exact same thing. I practically swore it on a Bible.

    Then I met my wife. Everything changes when you're really in love. Seriously...everything. We have 2 boys and things are amazing. It's a lot different living it than it is looking at it.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    no good reason to get married these days
    Started by Dydric

    I admit I'm a very sexist man
    Started by Dydric

    Top 5 things that you hate about the other sex!
    Started by Dydric

    I'm surprised you conned any women into going near you... they must have a fairly low self esteem, judging from your recent opinions here.

    I personally wouldn't touch you with someone elses.

    A good reason to get married might be religious, as a show of commitment and love, or to legally cement your relationship. The fact that you can only see it as an institution for women to try and steal your stuff says it all really.
    damn man that's not nice!

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 08:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Preach bro, PREACH!!!

    I never want to get married... And I probably never will be with me not wanting to have kids. To me, marriage it's just more unneeded headaches and problems in life.

    I really, REALLY like number 3 by the way. I have never really understood this whole obligation for a man to settle down with someone and support a woman and kids either, it irritates me to no end.

    But uhh, 5 women on the side? That's just plain uncool IMO. I would never cheat or fool around on the side while dating a woman simply because I would never do something to someone that I wouldn't want done to me.
    thanks bro I really appreciate the feedback

  17. #297
    like Ricardo said, when you meet that special one, your thoughts of why its bad to get married go out the window, most marriage's now a days don't last. but I still believe in the old ways,, like my granny and granda, together for 55 years

    this I hope I find also

  18. #298
    I don't see good reason either, you don't need to marry to love someone, you don't need to marry to be with the person you love, you don't need to marry to have kids, you don't need to marry to live together, if 2 people need to marry to prove they love each other i guess the love wasn't that strong afterall.

  19. #299
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,839
    I think another reason to get married actually gives the man at least one potential benefit. If a couple that isn't married has a kid and they eventually split, 99 times out of 100 I would say the mother gets the kid no questions asked. Women in marriage already have an edge at claiming custody of children, and I would say that edge in children born out of marriage is even greater.

  20. #300
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by mullermilch View Post
    like Ricardo said, when you meet that special one, your thoughts of why its bad to get married go out the window, most marriage's now a days don't last.
    Marriages today don't last because people think that life is supposed to be like the movies. Love isn't easy. It's a choice to constantly put somebody else before yourself. Just look at society today...it's no wonder so many marriages fail, people aren't willing to do that...but when you have the right person and you're willing to take that risk, the rewards are very much worth the effort.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •