Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221

  2. #222
    I don't wear make up, because I cba standing in front of the mirror for hours putting some stuff on my face. I look like I do, and I'm fine with it.
    I think make up can be really beautiful if you don't overdo it. So no, it shouldn't die out. Some women should just quit showering in foundation, it's not so nice...
    Mostly people wear it because they're not happy with their appearance. That's a shame of course, because you should never be judged by your looks, but as a matter of fact most people judge a person by how they look.
    Another reason why I don't wear make up is probably that I have no idea how to put it on, and I'd rather buy video games for the money spent on make up.
    Hmm Maybe Moon posted something?

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    i understand it perfectly, what i dont get is why? why do they feel the need to delve into this artificial idea of what society thinks is attractive. They don't need the make up at all. if the makeup makes or breaks the decision of the male like i said earlier than they are better off. And yea you say the specific type of male that they want, ok so they are trying to attract the shallow male who also goes by what society deems attractive. So in a sense it's artificial selection and is a good thing as it's constantly coupling together the insecure and the shallow leaving those who disagree to stand out more so
    you sound arrogant like you are somehow "more genuine" because you like women with no make up, you seem rather insistent on it to the extent of calling males like me shallow because we appreciate make up on a female.

    I hope you don't ever ask a girl to shave her armpits or legs or crotch either because than is unnatural

  4. #224
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    1. You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    2. Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup?
    3. Is this something that should have died out years ago?
    4. What do you think about why they/you do it?
    5. Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)
    1. Self esteem issues
    2. Almost certainly, though I'd imagine they'd be a very small percentage
    3. Too much of a complex question, really. I don't think absolute answers solve anything, either.
    4. As long as it's not too much, I don't mind, it's not great to wake up in the morning with but I have to admit, some girls do look astonishing with it.
    5. Heh, gender equality, eh?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  5. #225
    1.You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    I can answer that easily. Attention craving. Just like people who lie on the internet.

  6. #226
    Women are born without faces, so every morning they have to paint themselves one.

    And if you got lucky you meet one out of thousand which is actually born with a face and looks pretty with and without makeup

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    what kind of makeup are we talking here? some people just like having different colors on their eyes or lips...
    It's more of an amount issue, not type. I get physically sick when I see someone's hair full of gel. Or someone looking like a wax statue due to the amount of makeup and fake tan applied to the skin.

  8. #228
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    17,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    I can answer that easily. Attention craving. Just like people who lie on the internet.
    Or maybe -gasp- people just like looking good?
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or maybe -gasp- people just like looking good?
    Just like in those shooped L'oreal ads? They don't look like that you know.

  10. #230
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    17,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Just like in those shooped L'oreal ads? They don't look like that you know.
    I'm aware. Your point being what?
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm aware. Your point being what?
    Not only do they make you ugly, unnatural, and show up how insecure you are, do you have any idea how many pointless abominations and sick experimenting are done in the name of petty meaningless vanity? It makes you self-reflect a bit about how fucked up people are in their heads. Or at least ignorant, which isn't that much better.
    Last edited by Qiqtz; 2013-02-20 at 11:46 AM.

  12. #232
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    17,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Not only do they make you ugly,
    Subjective.

    unnatural
    Clothing is 'unnatural'.

    and show up how insecure you are
    Also subjective.

    do you have any idea how many pointless abominations and sick experimenting are done in the name of petty meaningless vanity?
    Hence why many people go out of their way to use cosmetics that have not been tested on animals.

    It makes you self-reflect a bit about how fucked up people are in their heads. Or at least ignorant, which isn't that much better.
    People are 'fucked up' for choosing to use cosmetics. Right.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Subjective.



    Clothing is 'unnatural'.



    Also subjective.



    Hence why many people go out of their way to use cosmetics that have not been tested on animals.



    People are 'fucked up' for choosing to use cosmetics. Right.

    But clothes are a necessity, for privacy and protection. People are fucked up for supporting this type of experimenting by buying cosmetic products which have no real use. It makes sense doesn't it?

    If at least most of these cosmetics products were harmless, then everyone would be just fine with you choosing to destroy your own face.

  14. #234
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    17,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    But clothes are a necessity, for privacy and protection. People are fucked up for supporting this type of experimenting by buying cosmetic products which have no real use. It makes sense doesn't it?

    If at least most of these cosmetics products were harmless, then everyone would be just fine with you choosing to destroy your own face.
    Clothes are only necessary insofar as the social constructs that exist to prohibit public nudity, similar to the social constructs that promote the existence and use of cosmetics.

    The vast majority of cosmetic products are in fact harmless, I have no idea where you are getting this from.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  15. #235
    I would imagine it's for the same reasons people get tattoos, wear fancy clothes and jewellery. Having not really indulged in any of this myself I can't really say why but I don't really see the problem, each to their own I suppose.

    The only thing I can remember is when I was about 15 (long time ago now)I got my ear pierced which was a bit of a weird thing for me to do. I think the main reason I did it was just to shock people and separate my self from the others and maybe make myself look a bit edgy, I couldn't quite nail it down to one thing. I do remember there was a particular girl at the time I was trying to get to notice me so maybe subconsciously this was the real reason. I guess if that is the case it all comes down to "pea-cocking"

  16. #236
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    But clothes are a necessity, for privacy and protection. People are fucked up for supporting this type of experimenting by buying cosmetic products which have no real use. It makes sense doesn't it?

    If at least most of these cosmetics products were harmless, then everyone would be just fine with you choosing to destroy your own face.
    You're saying things that are silly. Sometimes makeup is just nice to wear no matter what gender you are. You don't have to pile it on. A little bit of lipgloss or eyeshadow never hurt anyone. Passing a heck of a lot of judgment and forming a lot of stereotypes for all those men and women that do wear makeup ... Guess you know them all personally.

    Also, LOTS of reputable cosmetics vendors don't test on animals (in fact it's one thing MAC is known for). Lancome is developing synthetic human skin so that they can completely stop that mess. I generally don't like linking PETA but this is a great example.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 02:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    There seems to be this nasty undercurrent running through this thread, though I can't quite put my finger on it. Stuff like calling women whores for wearing makeup and whatnot.
    Wanted to quote this because yeah, it's really disturbing. It's just makeup, it's not a miniskirt the size of a belt with a see-through top. I wear makeup every now and then and some people actually call me a prude. Aren't they in for a surprise when I let them know that the lipstick I wear is code for megaslut.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-20 at 02:30 PM.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    You should go read up on lipstick. It is heavily theorized to be used for a very special subconscious reason.

    To make it look like something... else...
    Time to invent special nose make-up for men.
    Grammer nazi's aren't a per-requisite for you're enjoyment of these signature. Although for all intensive purposes its really a mute point, per say.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    So I present these questions, male or female can answer.

    1. You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    2. Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup?
    3. Is this something that should have died out years ago?
    4. What do you think about why they/you do it?
    5. Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)
    I don't use A LOT of make up. Mainly just a concealer, lip gloss and mascara, but:

    1. I don't pretend to look any different if I hide bags under my eyes or make my eyes more showing.
    2. I tend to not wear any make up sometimes. I think it's just personal choice. I started wearing make up 1 year ago (18 now) so... welp
    3. noo... :c
    4. I like to feel pretty and I sorta feel selfconfident while having make up on. Besides, eye make up makes your eyes more prominent!
    5. uh, no? Because that's like too much of pretending to look different? I also wouldn't date a woman who would be bald, wig wearing, having tissues stuffed in her bra and hell knows what else. That's faking.

    wearing make up is not faking. It's emphasizing someone's look. By wearing make up, you don't (usually!) shape your eyes/lips/eyebrows/face completely different, but make their form more visible.

    EDIT:

    for people thinking about chemicals on one's face... that's what organic/natural make up is for

  19. #239
    Pit Lord aztr0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    [*]Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)[/LIST]
    Sure a woman will date a man with all of the above, matter of fact, make that women will date a man with more flaws than you listed. That man just needs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

    As for cosmetics. Why do you even care? Unless it is your body, you shouldn't be judging.

  20. #240
    You don't really look like that so why pretend? I don't, I wear no make up (male), all I do is style my hair and take care of my unwanted hair growth.
    Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup? Sorry, male here.
    Is this something that should have died out years ago? It will never "die out". People will always strive to be better looking to attract a partner.
    What do you think about why they/you do it? They feel insecure and don't think the world will accept them as they are and their natural "beauty" (depending on your natural looks ofc).
    Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices) A wig yes, since that is quite a recognizable feature, if I saw a bald girl in a pub I would definitely notice it quite fast. Stuffed crap (either woman or man)/or shoe-lifts (man) i would get annoyed and disappointed with. Heels on a woman I wouldn't care about, you can see her shoes and know it isn't her real height. But heels are damn nice and if it were the right pair I could almost get turned on by the shoes only. God I love shoes. Darn it, I think I might have a strong homosexual side.. :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •