Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    if i remember correctly a form of primitive cosmetics have been found in ancient caves so womans used them since stone age much like mans display their streght and power.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    Isn't it a bit ironic that I find my girl the most attractive when I wake up next to her in the morning?

No makeup on, hair is all messy, and pajamas. Hot.
    A lot of people say this. I do not feel this way! My girlfriend definitely looks best dressed up, with makeup on, hair brushed, etc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not wear make-up and never have. I do not feel a need for it personally, plus I do not like the way it feels on my skin. I am a happily married woman of 21 years, and still have men hitting on me, so it must not matter too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't wear make up. I just don't see the need for it and my husband agrees with me.
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    A lot of people say this. I do not feel this way! My girlfriend definitely looks best dressed up, with makeup on, hair brushed, etc.
    I guess there's a difference between looking best and finding someone most attractive. For the attractive part there are pretty obviously some feelings involved.

As a woman, I've never liked make-up. It's a pain to put on, it takes a bit to take off, it looks bad if you wear it for too long. So, no. I don't *usually* wear make-up. I will usually wear eyeliner/mascara if I'm going out to a club, but that's really rare, actually. Maybe 1 day out of every month or so I actually wear make-up.
    Exes have said they prefer me without make-up as well, so that's a nice confirmation. Either that or I really suck at putting on make-up. :P

I dont mind ladies wearing "reasonable level of" make up.However, I personally can't kiss a girl on the chick or lips with powder/lipstick on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Thats always nice. Not so fun when a paper bag is the only way to improve

10+ Year Old Account
    1)You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    I've been wearing make-up since I was maybe around thirteen years old. It started out as a habit and turned into something I love. I love make-up and it's not only because I love to look good, feel that extra self confidence boost, but because it's more than just slapping on eye shadow for me.
    2)Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup?
    Yes there are, which for me I see rarely now a days. Society does judge women and bash them all the time for being too curvy, not living up to the sexually appealing look, blah blah blah.
    3)Is this something that should have died out years ago?
    Why should it die out? I look at it as a form of art. I can understand why some people hate it, looking like a totally different person one way and another. It's the same visual concept as clothing almost. Who wants to be judge constantly for the way they look?
    4)What do you think about why they/you do it?
    It really depends who you are as a person. I love it for me, not for everyone else. I have a boyfriend of three years, whom I could care less if he saw me without make up. He's seen me on my worst days and to him, he sees me beautiful every single way possible. He's the one that matters most to me.
    5)Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)
    If it makes you happy then I don't care. Not everyone is shallow as you think. People enhance their-selves in many different ways.

I choose to wear make up and no, I don't choose to slab it on like a cake or anything, I just love the feeling of spending time on myself. I like taking the time to gussy myself up. It's not a crime to feel extra pretty for my boyfriend on a date night.

Deleted
    Beauty ideals have existed for centuries and it's part of the society. There was a time when black teeth were deemed beautiful in Asia. Or extremely pale skin in Europe. Or chubby women. Or curvy women. Or extremely natural women without any make-up at all. The goal might change from generation to generation, but the issue was always there.

Right now, it's considered as beautiful to look 'fresh'. No bags under the eyes, clean skin with a 'healthy' color, long eyelashes, etc. That will change, too, eventually. But it's gonna be replaced by a new standard. Same goes for men, but maybe just not as harsh as with women.

Why am I bringing this up? Because it won't chance. That's where your own mind comes in. I personally don't like women who wear make-up, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm attracted to women with clean skin. Or long eyelashes. It's not shallow, though it may be based on the public idea of beauty to some degree.

----

Based on your statement I could say that washing yourself with perfume-based shower gel, using deodorant and/or using after shave and perfume means lying to your partner, because it's not your 'own' body odor.

If you don't and you sweat heavily, people will say that you stink. That is a fact. You yourself might not think so, but it won't change that people will avoid coming close to you.

----

Accept it. You don't have to follow it, but you'll have to face social consequences.
    Last edited by mmoc0504b90a53; 2013-02-19 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't really look like that so why pretend? Because it makes them feel better about themselves and more confident.
    Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup? I know a few women who don't usually use make-up, except on special occasions
    Is this something that should have died out years ago? no
    What do you think about why they/you do it? See question A. Looks will always factor in when 2 people are attracted to each other, whether you like it or not.
    Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices) I would be OK with a girl trying to make herself look taller, or using the right bra to make her breasts look better. If she's bald against her will (say cancer treatment), sure, let her wear a wig if she wants. Putting a sock in your pants is just silly though

I think using make-up is not a bad thing. It's like wearing nice clothes to look better. Looks will always be more important than some people want.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    A lot of species exhibit mating rituals where they show off their feathers or make a nest or something. It's all "fake." It's part of the mating dance.

I agree though that a beautiful woman without makeup should flaunt that, and even those who aren't traditionally beautiful should keep it toned down.

Lotta clowns running around.
    Oh, I didn't know those feathers are fake, I thought they're real. Unless of course makeup is naturally produced by the body, in which case ...

If my girlfriend wants to go from looking beautiful to smoking hot for me, I have no issue with that.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Oh, I didn't know those feathers are fake, I thought they're real. Unless of course makeup is naturally produced by the body, in which case ...
    You know exactly what he meant. Fluffing up their feathers, strutting their stuff, it is all part of an act they play. Stop being a jerk ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    You know exactly what he meant. Fluffing up their feathers, strutting their stuff, it is all part of an act they play. Stop being a jerk ...
    Yes I do, but it doesn't change the fact that they're using what nature gave them. Just like when a woman throws her hair on a side when looking at a dude or something. Make-up however is not something nature gave people, it's something they made, so I don't think his point stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    The prettiest girl I've dated thus far never wore makeup, some people really don't benefit from it. I don't really have any right to an opinion on the matter seeing as how I don't wear cosmetics but I'll give one anyway: hate foundation/concealer type stuff, love tastefully done eye makeup.

I don't know why but I've always thought that woman that do their faces up like 'strippers' are very hot

I'm female and I don't wear make up, ever. I don't see the point, plus it costs a ton and takes a long time to put on and then take off. I don't even own any makeup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few women actually wear makeup ALL THE TIME.

Various cosmetics when applied correctly can enhance versus coverup.

Most individuals who use excessive cosmetics have personal self-esteem issues which has nothing to do with the cosmetics.

Heels aren't the same thing as wearing a hidden lift in a man's shoe because we're not pretending we're taller, it's pretty obvious we're just wearing shoes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injinjpow View Post
    There is a huge difference and I am shocked anyone can even compare cutting hair and make up. Make up covers your current appearance making you fake. Cutting your hair changes your appearance but its permanent, we don't go home at the end of the day and put our hair back on, but at the end of the day you can bet that make up is coming off.
    So cutting hair is the same as buying new boobs ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    To me, when a women is wearing make up it means they are lying to you before they even speak.
    Eyelashes, complexion, lip color, the darkening around the eyes thing, nails, hell even heels to make you look taller or to make your butt look bigger..all fake.

People think they look good with cosmetics but they only think this because that's what society tells them is "beautiful".
    I tried researching about this, I read one article where a women went a year without make up but admits that she puts lipstick on during that year so no, she didn't really go a year without makeup.

So I present these questions, male or female can answer.

1. You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    2. Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup?
    3. Is this something that should have died out years ago?
    4. What do you think about why they/you do it?
    5. Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)

Ok, first off, 'women' is plural meaning more than one and 'woman' means singular, only one. 'Woman' is the correct form of the word. Women, ladies, always look better when wearing makeup. Alot of men look better too.