Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic: Sha of Fear - Class Specfications

Hello guys,

I am here to ask if you guys can help me out figuring what are the best specs for classes on this encounter before you enter for the first time on The Dread Expanse and gaining the Lei's Hope buff, since my Guild is starting this encounter and we want to have the entire fight well known to kill him in 1 or 2 weeks.

I am asking this because we're having problems nuking the adds on first phase and I think it is related with players not using optional specs / reforges.

If you can help out, please say something about these classes:

• Rogue
    • Warlock
    • Mage
    • Hunter
    • Warrior

I suppose that Mages should be Arcane, Hunters should be BM but I am concerned about the other classes, since I don't know them.

I also know that when we reach The Dread Expanse, hunters can go SV, Mages *probably* can go Fire to spread the damage on adds...

If you can, can you please in a brief answer tell what Reforges we should take as well? For example, from what I read, Elemental Shamans should be reforging everything for Mastery.... What about other classes?

Thank You sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismayal View Post
    Hello guys,

I am here to ask if you guys can help me out figuring what are the best specs for classes on this encounter before you enter for the first time on The Dread Expanse and gaining the Lei's Hope buff, since my Guild is starting this encounter and we want to have the entire fight well known to kill him in 1 or 2 weeks.

I am asking this because we're having problems nuking the adds on first phase and I think it is related with players not using optional specs / reforges.

If you can help out, please say something about these classes:

• Rogue
    • Warlock
    • Mage
    • Hunter
    • Warrior

I suppose that Mages should be Arcane, Hunters should be BM but I am concerned about the other classes, since I don't know them.

I also know that when we reach The Dread Expanse, hunters can go SV, Mages *probably* can go Fire to spread the damage on adds...

If you can, can you please in a brief answer tell what Reforges we should take as well? For example, from what I read, Elemental Shamans should be reforging everything for Mastery.... What about other classes?

Thank You sir.
    10 or 25? I can offer different advice dependant on raid size
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    My raid size is 25 m8.

Our main concern now is to rush The Dread Expanse to have the buff so we can work after the 2nd phase thingie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy. On the second cackle have a DPS warrior walk into the light with Die By the Sword. He gets ported with 3 other DPS and a healer.
    Those 5 stand still and DON'T pull the add until the boss is roughly 75%.
    They engage the add and kill it when the boss is around 68.5% (this may require you to stop on the add)

With this strat: you will never have a 'rush' on platforms. The only reason you rush is to get tanks back to tank Sha. Having a DPS warrior sent means you will ALWAYS have at least 1 tank on the main platform.

We used this strat for all of progression and it has landed us 8 kills.

There is no need to respec. We can 1shot the boss (without the buff) because the strat removes any DPS requirement from p1
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Use as many AoE specs as you can afford to.
    When we were progressing (and still now) on this, we had so many deaths in p1 it made progressing p2 very difficult. To combat this, we afk on all platforms, the remainder of the dps and healers gradually take the boss down, which ensures all CRs are up for P2 where you get a fresh enrage timer.
    It is an exceptionally boring strategy, but its very effective.
    For P2, just rotate more and more people on the adds as the phase progresses. Adds are priority, the boss will edge down with the AoE, save BL for around ~10% or whenever you are close to a kill and the adds are too much.

Deleted
    Without the debuff, we never went to last phase.

Anyway, I'll test out that thing Raxxed.

Thanks

PS: If people want to keep giving tips, please feel free to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without the debuff, we never went to last phase.

Anyway, I'll test out that thing Raxxed.

Thanks

PS: If people want to keep giving tips, please feel free to do it.
    Main thing to note with my strat is to make sure your tank is out of the light. I'm the tank that does it and it goes a little something like this:
    -80 energy
    -thrash buff
    -thrash
    -warrior moves in, I move out
    -Breath
    -Ports warrior
    -I move back in
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Alright Raxxed, I'll test that tomorrow and I'll tell you how it went.

People can still give tips about their progression time and how they managed to do it

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can just as well ignore the circle entirely, it will only port 4 people. 'Course, they won't be able to kill the mini-boss that way, but it doesn't really matter that much.

For 25m, just run 4 tanks and don't die in p1. DPS does not matter with 4 tanks because you'll always have people left for Cackle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    For 25m, just run 4 tanks and don't die in p1. DPS does not matter with 4 tanks because you'll always have people left for Cackle.
    OP wants to get progressing on p2, having 4 tanks will hinder DPS in p2. Having a DPS warrior doing what I've mentioned is effectively 4tanking it but not wasting DPS.
    Missing a DPS in p2 is noticeable
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Smellf View Post
    Use as many AoE specs as you can afford to.
    When we were progressing (and still now) on this, we had so many deaths in p1 it made progressing p2 very difficult. To combat this, we afk on all platforms, the remainder of the dps and healers gradually take the boss down, which ensures all CRs are up for P2 where you get a fresh enrage timer.
    It is an exceptionally boring strategy, but its very effective.
    For P2, just rotate more and more people on the adds as the phase progresses. Adds are priority, the boss will edge down with the AoE, save BL for around ~10% or whenever you are close to a kill and the adds are too much.
    I assume you do this in 25? If I was the healer stuck to solo heal for 3 crackle time the main platform I'd want to shoot myself with this strat.. lol, I already want to kill kittens when I know I'll be on main platform for 3rd crackle.

I wouldn't mind a way to get consistently in P2.. and one to get it faster to get the buff at the beginning of the night, but obviously, practice will do, but any tips can't hurt.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    So, thats for 25m - but what about 10m?

From what I've heard, you cant do that on 10m

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    OP wants to get progressing on p2, having 4 tanks will hinder DPS in p2. Having a DPS warrior doing what I've mentioned is effectively 4tanking it but not wasting DPS.
    Missing a DPS in p2 is noticeable
    Sure seems like OP wants to get through p1. Once you get the buff, just go back to 3 tanking.

Easy. On the second cackle have a DPS warrior walk into the light with Die By the Sword. He gets ported with 3 other DPS and a healer.
    They engage the add and kill it when the boss is around 68.5% (this may require you to stop on the add)

With this strat: you will never have a 'rush' on platforms. The only reason you rush is to get tanks back to tank Sha. Having a DPS warrior sent means you will ALWAYS have at least 1 tank on the main platform.

There is no need to respec. We can 1shot the boss (without the buff) because the strat removes any DPS requirement from p1
    Why not just have the warrior do it on the first cackle? That way you can always have the same warrior do it without the risk of him actually being sent with the cackled tank on the first one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I assume you do this in 25? If I was the healer stuck to solo heal for 3 crackle time the main platform I'd want to shoot myself with this strat.. lol, I already want to kill kittens when I know I'll be on main platform for 3rd crackle.

I wouldn't mind a way to get consistently in P2.. and one to get it faster to get the buff at the beginning of the night, but obviously, practice will do, but any tips can't hurt.
    Yeah this is 25 man

Here is the unedited version of our kill with one of our priests POV. He spams mind vision in P1 so you can see whats going on on the main platform. This also has our TS throughout the fight so if you're curious about our tactic then this would help explain it a bit more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBikf...AhuChA&index=1

And this is our edited footage with a lock POV as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRFOdR8sbjM

Just for reference if anyone is wondering about the AFK tactic.
    Last edited by mmoc1f58e7c58a; 2013-02-18 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    How we do it is basically pull with 4 tanks, get the buff and go with 3.

Deleted
    If people can handle not failing on the main platform, you can just go with 3 tanks to start with and AFK on the platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Why not just have the warrior do it on the first cackle? That way you can always have the same warrior do it without the risk of him actually being sent with the cackled tank on the first one.
    That's what we do, I didn't know the 2nd cackle was a thing.

This will extend p1 a bit, which makes the shadow crash avoiding very tricky around ~70% (not to mention DPS really starts to crawl at this point) but removes that extra tank from p2, which is what matters.

For p2, I think we came to the conclusion that Rogues were the weakest I believe, something with their AoE not being as good later on? /shrug. For Mages, Fire will crush add DPS for sure, but our Mages were 50/50 split between Arcane and Fire, since we kept trying to tune our DPS to make sure boss and add damage was where we wanted it. I can't speak to the other classes really, but Hunters are a good orb tosser class, with Deterrence to live through Emerge if it's on them.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you gain by having them "sit" at a platform?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing