Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stupid tab targeting not working on GARALON

I am a 478 affliction lock i pull good single target dps but when i tried garalon i couldn't tab betwen all the legs i had to run around to each 1 just to freeking target it my dps would go from a strait off burn 60k to 20k just becouse i couldnt freking tap betwen all legs.

So... don't dps legs? If you have any melee in your raid, you can just tunnel the boss.

Get a UI that includes boss target frames. I use LUI and it creates frames for Garalon and each active leg, makes it easy to click on a frame to change targets.

I use tidy plates for this, makes a big square for each health frame, Easily clickable for the most part unless the tank is turning it 180 constantly.

Why would you want to target a leg if you're not near to it, anyway? oÔ
    I'm not a ranged dps so I may be wrong, but I think the +100% damages works only for the leg who gives you the buff. Dealing damage to any raid for which you don't have this buff is a raid dps loss. Don't do it.

It's hilarious trying to heal Garalon as an atonement disc priest in LFR.

(1) Can't find the tank, which is the focus of many important macros (for me anyway).
    (2) Can't target legs (reliably).
    (3) Wind up targeting the body and then eating the frontal attack every so often because the tank snuck up next to me.

Still, it's LFR, so it's all good. But it's HI-LAR-IOUS.

At least I've not caused a crush ... yet. That's a job reserved for a pally or warrior who seems to think the bug has a soft underbelly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post

(1) Can't find the tank, which is the focus of many important macros (for me anyway).
    (3) Wind up targeting the body and then eating the frontal attack every so often because the tank snuck up next to me.

At least I've not caused a crush ... yet. That's a job reserved for a pally or warrior who seems to think the bug has a soft underbelly.
    Or you could, and this is just a shot in the dark here, pay the hell attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking News: Tab Target does not work correctly.

It never did, and it never will. Note, this is not meant to bash you, i'm totally agreeing with you that tab target is a bitch, it's just that it has allways been that way.

Deleted

Try raidframes I hear they work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Or you could, and this is just a shot in the dark here, pay the hell attention.
    LFR.

Tiny little square over some random dude's head going in some unknown direction.

You try it sometime.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Try raidframes I hear they work well.
    I have those. They don't tell you where to go when your tank is out of range.

Deleted
    LFR.

Tiny little square over some random dude's head going in some unknown direction.

You try it sometime.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:55 PM ----------

I have those. They don't tell you where to go when your tank is out of range.
    One thing I found quite helpful is putting tank on focus frame, I believe the default map setting puts a marker on your focus frame target so you always know where that sneeky tank is!

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Breaking News: Tab Target does not work correctly.

It never did, and it never will. Note, this is not meant to bash you, i'm totally agreeing with you that tab target is a bitch, it's just that it has allways been that way.
    I'm fairly sure it got worse at some point in late wrath, I remember me and my old raid lead bitching about it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    One thing I found quite helpful is putting tank on focus frame, I believe the default map setting puts a marker on your focus frame target so you always know where that sneeky tank is!
    That works somewhat but it's kind of hard keeping up with which way to go and avoiding the purple circle and pheremones and all that other nonsense on the way there. The problem is basically that it's LFR and you're not on vent with, like, a plan.

I'd prefer having some huge effect in my screen pointing me at the tank. There's probably some addon that does that. But oh well.

Tab targeting does work to an extent...though sometimes it will target things behind me which is annoying. The reason you probably have trouble targeting the legs is because you are out of range of them anyways. try this theory out on a training dummie for instance. I dont play a lock but i can assume you have the standard 40 yard range. just outside of range and try to tab target...probably wont work. get inside range and try again. I guess its blizzards UI saying, "Its outta range so why target it, wont be able to hit it". But anyways, I've always clicked target on galaron regardless if im ranged or melee. Such a large hit box enables me to back away a bit and get a broad scope of things

Deleted
    As an aff warlock, do this:
    - Get a raidframe addon that shows all the legs and garalon as extra clickable boxes
    - At start run up to a leg and stand in the circle of it while while you nuke it down.
    - Do not bother with single target other legs unless there are 3 or 4 up and one is pretty much in your face
    - Click the addon frames for each leg and keep Corruption up on them
    - Do your usual dps routine on the body and enjoy the massive amount of shards for Haunts and sb:ss dot refreshes

Yes you could go chasing after each leg and use Kil'jaden to get the damage buff from the circle, but honestly that's really meant for cleaving wars and rogues. Don't do it unless half your raid is dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sparxz View Post
    I guess its blizzards UI saying, "Its outta range so why target it, wont be able to hit it".
    Definitely not true...or it wouldn't auto-target mobs that attack you from 100 yards away.

Deleted
    That works somewhat but it's kind of hard keeping up with which way to go and avoiding the purple circle and pheremones and all that other nonsense on the way there. The problem is basically that it's LFR and you're not on vent with, like, a plan.

I'd prefer having some huge effect in my screen pointing me at the tank. There's probably some addon that does that. But oh well.
    hmm... maybe someone can write an addon like healers have to die, that shows a huge shield above everyone who is in tank spec in the raid, maybe with the texture scaling for max HP?

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Get a UI that includes boss target frames. I use LUI and it creates frames for Garalon and each active leg, makes it easy to click on a frame to change targets.
    This is included in the default UI as well. It may not be the most handy solution, but the frames for Garalon's legs are definitely there. Anyway, tab targeting never worked well in WoW. I find it much easier to either have mouseover macros or enable nameplates that you can easily click.

Target it from boss unit frames. Blizzard includes them in the default UI these days. The range is too great to tab, so use these.