Chat Censored - MMO Champion = "reserved word"?

Well, I stumbles about this in a thread on the official german forums (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=3&pageNo=1):
    Some messages seem to be blocked by the server.
    I tried saying something containing www.mmo-champion.com during yesterday's raid to test this and the message, despite being sent, didn't show up in anyone's chat.
    A few minutes ago I tried it on 2 chars on 2 different servers and when using it in a whisper I get a red warning in my chatbox saying:
    "Unable to send chat to <name> because your message contained reserved words."

This applies to any message containing "www.mmo-champion.com", simple "mmo-champion" or other combinations seem to be treated normally.
    I guess this is some new method to block unwanted sites?

But for some strange reason the message
    "wow macht mich fertig" (means: "wow wears me down")
    is also blocked.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Chat Censored - MMO Champion = "reserved word"?

Seems Germany got infested with partymembers from China and their thoughts on whats healthy for the poeple to know/not know *g*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Keep the words coming

Also, we aren't talking about the ingame-filter for language that might be offending anyone (can be deactivated in the interface options) or some addon:
    Those messages seem to be blocked by the server.

So noone cares that you can't write the adress of this site into game chat?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rofltehcat
    So noone cares that you can't write the adress of this site into game chat?
    No? Why should we?
    Any website containing www and .com is not displayed, as far as I know.

That said, I support every attempt to prevent the spam of goldselling websites, so if that means you can't type normal URL's as well; so be it.

Deleted

Messages containing "mmo-" or "mmo" get censored because a lot of gold selling websites have that term in their URL. Sadly, MMO-Champion is included in that censoring-rule.

I don't think mmo-champion.com is specifically on Blizzard's black list.

Deleted
    Sorry for the bump/necromancy, but I have also come across this issue and there is a fix:

Disable your spam filter.

Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's great to know. Closing this thread so that it doesn't get bumped again.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."