Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That makes sense. But really it's not just this time someone said Invigoration. I was wondering if I missed something obvious.
    jep, ase you assumed correctly, that used to be tied to crit. (pet crits) and you had the talent Cobra Strikes which was tied to Arcane crits.
    so it was: Arcane crit => buff which makes pet crits => you gain focus (or something like that).
    anyway, it was all too much dependant on crit (overvalueing crit), so they changed a lot to be some % chance on hit, only Go to the Throat is still dependant on crits

Deleted
    I know Kenny posted his thoughts but does anyone else have similar opinions? I only started playing hunter in January but i really love BM, don't like how rigid MM is and am not a huge fan of SV, just prefer the way BM plays. However i will go for whatever is best on the fight and am wondering will that mean i am SV 80% of the time with how things stand currently?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    I know Kenny posted his thoughts but does anyone else have similar opinions? I only started playing hunter in January but i really love BM, don't like how rigid MM is and am not a huge fan of SV, just prefer the way BM plays. However i will go for whatever is best on the fight and am wondering will that mean i am SV 80% of the time with how things stand currently?
    My opinion is just that, my opinion. But my opinion is the following;

Nothing will really change as it stands, Survival will still dominate on multi-target fights and Beast Mastery will remain the best single target spec. Survival's AoE and multi-dotting is quite obvious so there is no question about that. Lots of the new trinkets have high agility procs and they will usually go off at the start of the fight, meaning that's one big edge for Beast Mastery's burst at the start of the fight. If you are also able to manage your trinket procs during the fight as well Beast Mastery will perform even better as you can time some good burst with the trinket procs. This isn't all based on hot air either, Beast Mastery is still simming higher on single target fights. Naturally the high agility proc trinkets will benefit Beast Mastery more as well.

With that said, a very large amount of fights are multi-target next tier. I didn't actually count them but it's over half. I don't see any reason to dust off your Marksmanship spec just yet. Unless of course Ra-Den has multiple 80%+ health phases or something.

Surv seems to be better in multi target fights and BM still reigns supreme in single target fights.

Wonder if anyone could compose a list like there was in a previous thread regarding MSV/HOF fight by fight and the best specs to use on each boss?

Also on Jin'rokh does your pet need to be placed inside the pools to gain the damage buff? I've only tried BM once on that fight and it was considerably lower than it was when I was in survival so thats the only reason I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Fez View Post
    Wonder if anyone could compose a list like there was in a previous thread regarding MSV/HOF fight by fight and the best specs to use on each boss?

Also on Jin'rokh does your pet need to be placed inside the pools to gain the damage buff? I've only tried BM once on that fight and it was considerably lower than it was when I was in survival so thats the only reason I can think of.

No the pet dont need to be in the pool.
    I only used SV for council and primordius (at Dark Animus now). Though its mostly because I feel more comfortable in BM and most fights just are mechanics no dps check :d
    For ex horridon, even if my dps was 20k higher in SV it worked out much better in BM bursting down targets.

I would use survival for all encounters once u get the 4 set t-15 which does benefit survival more than the other specs. Survival and BM are so close ST that it doesn't matter which spec u use anymore.