Thread: Help me

Help me

So I'm not happy with my damage and I was wondering on any tips. My armory is sliiceoflife on US-dath'remar server. (Right now sim craft says I should do more dps with haste build)

My logs are under Hyperion on US-dath'remar server

Any tips would greatly appreciated cuz I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong
    Sorry I can't post links the website won't let me do it yet

Deleted
    Just looking at some logs, for example wind lord, you taking 15 seconds to get to max stacks, thats a lot.

Then, you cast missiles. At first I thought is was because you were keeping it for Recklessness, so why not. But then I check and you never used ONE barrage, and I didnt see any alter time.

Do you use alter time ? If so, how, and when ?

As usual NT uptime is too low, sometimes dropping down to less than 70%, it should be at 90%+.

RoP uptime is good, thats a very good thing for you

You gear is.. weird. I have 7 ilvl less than you, and I have more haste and mastery than you. You have too much crit on your gear. Hit/Crit items are really shitty. ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...has/Daa/simple )
    I don't know how you manage to have such low haste. :O

Here are the links if other people wanna look at it :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/240433/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eoflife/simple

Did you read the arcane mage guide Shan did on this forum ? Maybe you could begin there : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Mage-PvE-Guide
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-02-18 at 11:01 AM.

thanks for taking a look. my gear is the way it is b/c like all mages i was fire for before and even after the nerf. took the month of december and half of january off from raiding and now came back and the gear gods havent been good to me at all thanks for taking a look. i do use alter time and im trying to work it into my rotation when i have 6 stacks, arc power, 2 stored charges of missiles. i dont know why it is taking me so long to get to 6 stacks on wind lord i will have to take a look at that maybe i got hit with a bomb and had to move a few times not sure. is it smart to use barrage during that fight i usually never use it unless im gonna lose my stacks . thanks again

Deleted
    Armory-Related Issues

• Main thing I see is some weird upgrades. You've upgraded a Normal Head; 509 Wrists; 509 OH; 502 Neck.

You should upgrade the items that give you the biggest stat gain OR the biggest DPS gain, NOT just upgrading for iLvls or because an item is BiS.

• Your Boots enchant is wrong

If you are going Haste build; go Haste build. You don't need extra movement speed; you're a Worgen and a Mage, you're perfectly mobile already.

• You should be hit-capped. Armory is now fixed to account for Expertise; so you really should be hit-capped. It's a DPS loss to be below hit cap.

Logs-related (Performance) Issues

The logs show quite a few mistakes/errors in play; and this is where you will be losing the majority of your DPS. Considering your gear, your DPS should be much higher.
    For the sake of pointing out issues; I'm using your Feng HC kill; link is here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1134&e=1443. I'm not going to use other fights, Feng is *almost* patchwerk and is mostly single target. It's very easy to judge generic performance off.

• Your Rune of Power uptime is low. On a fight like Feng there isn't a massive amount of movement, and ideally your RoP uptime should reflect this. You're at 75% uptime; should be consistently aiming for 90%+ on fights similar to Feng, and always at least 85%+

Try to pre-cast Runes and use more than one. Often I see people just cast one at a time - this is a DPS loss! If you can predict where you're going to move, pre-cast Rune!

• You're using Mage Armor. If you're Haste build, use Frost Armor. It's that simple.

• Your Nether Tempest uptime is poor. You're at 75% uptime; should always be looking at 90%+, if not higher.

There's no excuse for bad NT uptime. Even on Feng, refresh the DoT before he starts Epicenter; it will always tick on him during so you lose less DPS. Higher NT uptime = higher DPS.

• I'm not seeing Arcane Power Glyph on Armory, yet only 2 Arcane Power uses.

Use it on Cooldown, it's a steroid buff not a conditional one (like Combustion). The only time you should delay AP is when you won't get *full* use out of it; but it's still a DPS gain to get as many uses as possible during the fight.

• Use a pre-pot/second pot. I only see one usage. You won't gain maximum DPS without 2 uses.

Conclusion

Overall there are quite big holes in your play; try and learn optimal use of RoP and pre-casting 2 and also improve your NT uptime. Those two will send you a decent way to better DPS. Use your cooldowns properly as well.

i had it glyphed last week jsut changed it on thursday to try it out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangesliice View Post
    i had it glyphed last week jsut changed it on thursday to try it out
    Fair enough; then another point. Glyphing AP tends to lead to a slight DPS loss rather than gain unless there is a specific fight with a burn phase; ie Wind Lord HC.

Thank you both for the help now I just have to put t all into action I saw alil dps increase already and I'm just gonna keep working on it. Thanks again for taking ur time to look through everything

Deleted
    you're welcome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    [*] Use a pre-pot/second pot. I only see one usage. You won't gain maximum DPS without 2 uses.
    I agree on everything you said, i just wanna nit pick . Wol does not record pre pots if your looking at one fight, so if you see 1 potion used its used in combat. only way to see if people are pre potting is to look at overall data witch can be quite mis leading unless every boss was killed on first attempt in witch case the overall data should show twice the amount of pots compared to kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    I agree on everything you said, i just wanna nit pick . Wol does not record pre pots if your looking at one fight, so if you see 1 potion used its used in combat. only way to see if people are pre potting is to look at overall data witch can be quite mis leading unless every boss was killed on first attempt in witch case the overall data should show twice the amount of pots compared to kills.
    Still records the buff duration. Buff duration in the log I was looking at was 25s, so not only was only 1 pot used but it wasn't used with Alter Time. I'm perfectly aware of how WoL works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Still records the buff duration. Buff duration in the log I was looking at was 25s, so not only was only 1 pot used but it wasn't used with Alter Time. I'm perfectly aware of how WoL works.
    its true. you should see 50+sec of potion

Deleted
    My bad then, i learn something new about WoL every day it seems