Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Soooo I got banned.....

Logged on Friday night when I got home and found I was perma banned for selling gold, in game items for real world currency. This is the third or fourth time now it's happened for sending gold between both my accounts. Names on the accounts are identical and emails are very similar. When I spoke to someone about it back in Cata they said it wouldn't be an issue again.

Really Blizz? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    Logged on Friday night when I got home and found I was perma banned for selling gold, in game items for real world currency. This is the third or fourth time now it's happened for sending gold between both my accounts. Names on the accounts are identical and emails are very similar. When I spoke to someone about it back in Cata they said it wouldn't be an issue again.

Really Blizz? Lol

Exact same thing happend to me Thursday during raid. However I never switched gold between accounts, I just talked about Gold buying with people in my raid and how it affected people. Even a ticket said they found sufficient evidence of me talking about the effects it has on the in-game economy. Still trying to get it unbanned. If that doesn't work looks like I'm quitting wow :-/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that blizz should have looked further into the situation before perma banning you, though i fail to see the point of this post.

Really Blizz? Lol
    I transfer 10-20k daily between accounts of mine and my friend who also grabs resources for me and I have never gotten banned. Something seems odd that you're not telling us as the same IP should be registering and shouldn't pop up for them to be suspicious.

Nope. Nothing strange. I'll call tomorrow and see what's up. Even stranger the 3 tickets I put in we're answered within fifteen minutes and the said nothing would change.

Nope. Nothing strange. I'll call tomorrow and see what's up. Even stranger the 3 tickets I put in we're answered within fifteen minutes and the said nothing would change.
    Same, They don't care anymore man. What's sad is if you read their Terms, they can ban you for no reason at all if they want. Talk about A-holes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like all stories like this there is more going on then what the OP as said. You don't get banned 4 times just for mailing gold.
    Aye mate

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Like all stories like this there is more going on then what the OP as said. You don't get banned 4 times just for mailing gold.
    Switching gold between accounts seems suspicious and I wouldn't put it past blizz to ban people outright like this

I'm not sure but I think they have an automated tracker for things. And being it happened on Friday night. We have to wait till Monday to speak with someone.

Are both your WoW accounts under the same Bnet account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I was banned twice in past 2 months for exploiting economy currency. But that was running with my VPN service which uses shared-IP.
    Few days later, I upgraded my account with my VPN provider to give me dedicated-ip and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are both your WoW accounts under the same Bnet account?

No they are separate but like I said I've spoken with them before and they fixed it nothing I won't call tomorrow for.

Quote Originally Posted by Xizz View Post
    Same, They don't care anymore man. What's sad is if you read their Terms, they can ban you for no reason at all if they want. Talk about A-holes.
    Any gaming company has that now. They all have that in their ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Any gaming company has that now. They all have that in their ToS.
    I'm not one for reading ToS, I have never been banned before, thought it was a mistake to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a slightly similar situation shortly after MoP released. I transferred somewhere in the neighborhood of about 400k to my bank toon. I just stripped all the gold from all of my characters on all three of my accounts, and mailed it to the one character...and the next day, all three got banned lol. I called them up, turns out they thought my account got compromised and that someone was attempting to strip off all my gold. You know, last time I legitimately had that happen, they ALSO stripped my gear...which is not something I did. But whatever. I confirmed that I was the one who did it, just consolidating to one char, and they unlocked my account.

I mean, I guess it's nice to know they're watching out for stuff like that, but if I have to go through that every time I transfer large sums of gold, I'm going to get angry lol. I do this every couple of months or so, so I can see how much I have and have it readily available should one of my accounts get shut down, either bans of letting the sub run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

No they are separate but like I said I've spoken with them before and they fixed it nothing I won't call tomorrow for.
    I reckon if you ring them up and ask to merge both WoW accounts under the same BNet you won't have this problem again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

My account was perma banned for "Exploitative behavior"

I called them up asked what happened, they told me to appeal in a ticket.

3 days later they responded saying that there was a misconception.

I said i was pissed about it, and they gave me 5 days free account time.

If you're truly in the right, you'll be ok.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    I transfer 10-20k daily between accounts of mine and my friend who also grabs resources for me and I have never gotten banned. Something seems odd that you're not telling us as the same IP should be registering and shouldn't pop up for them to be suspicious.
    Guildy of mine runs 5 accounts and transfers assets around all the time, he has had problems in the past with this. Randomly getting banned on some of the accounts for gold selling. He travels and plays from the road a lot so that might have something to do with it. Nevertheless the auto ban is done by a bot program so people aren't even making a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    Those amounts are minute, now, if you send something like 100k or more across you'll probably get flagged.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Really Blizz? Lol
    The auction house goblins run into this stuff all the time, and Blizzard CS always reverses it with no permanent mark against the account. You want these kinds of automatic switches in place if you care about there being any semblance of a game economy.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81