Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaxum View Post
    Back in Wrath, I ran a couple of popular GDKPs on my server. I would regularly move amounts of 100-200k around between different characters, and eventually I got banned. I appealed the ban, got the ban raised almost instantly, and talking to the CS rep and explaining why my account moved so much gold around, he said that this was a known issue (GDKPs were new then), and that he could put a flag on my account to prevent the automated system from flagging me again. For the rest of Wrath, and also into Cata when we ran GDKPs up through Firelands, I never got any more bans or emails.
    I moved like 60k between toons on my accounts before i got banned. I was trying to buy a Teebu's Blazing Longsword. For a while I thought I bought a duped sword, but I managed to get a CS rep to tell me that was not why I was banned. They didn't say what the reason was, only that the wep wasn't it. So frustrating. I should have just stayed away from these threads. I am getting worked up thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xizz View Post
    Same, They don't care anymore man. What's sad is if you read their Terms, they can ban you for no reason at all if they want. Talk about A-holes.
    This is standard through most businesses, who can deny you service or ban you from their premesis without any sufficient warning/reasoning.
    You sign up to it when you create your account, if you don't like it, don't join.

Mind you the fact they've not picked up the same IP, on accounts YOU OWN in YOUR NAME and YOUR EMAILs (assumed to be linked to one battlenet) is beyond me. I would suggest you dispute it. I had to dispute a suspension a few years ago, took about 2-3 weeks but they were happy to unlock it and allow to play again.

I think they have fair customer service (albeit a waiting game)

Yeah I disputed my ban until they told me they would ignore further tickets on the subject. Talk about feeling crushed.

IDK they seem to be a bit hasteful with this at times. Right before MOP came out I did recruit a friend with a guildie so that we could grant him levels to 80 on a new monk. I had the recruited account, still on my main battle.net, and mailed 50k to it for costs and stuff and I was fine. Then before the account expired, I mailed everything off back to my main, again, same battle.net account, and got banned for selling gold on the one account and buying gold on my main account... I facepalmed irl for the first time for that one. They fixed it, I called them up and rather then rage on them I just laughed at their stupidity and it was fixed within a couple hours but it is by far the stupidest thing I have experienced on this game in about 6 years playing. All I can think of is its some automated system they have set up that triggers on specified events, I just really find it hard to believe that an actual person looked into it and banned it when it was on the same battle.net account, in the same guild, and all the money in the first place came from the main account a little over a month prior before getting sent back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakapopolus View Post
    IDK they seem to be a bit hasteful with this at times. Right before MOP came out I did recruit a friend with a guildie so that we could grant him levels to 80 on a new monk. I had the recruited account, still on my main battle.net, and mailed 50k to it for costs and stuff and I was fine. Then before the account expired, I mailed everything off back to my main, again, same battle.net account, and got banned for selling gold on the one account and buying gold on my main account... I facepalmed irl for the first time for that one. They fixed it, I called them up and rather then rage on them I just laughed at their stupidity and it was fixed within a couple hours but it is by far the stupidest thing I have experienced on this game in about 6 years playing. All I can think of is its some automated system they have set up that triggers on specified events, I just really find it hard to believe that an actual person looked into it and banned it when it was on the same battle.net account, in the same guild, and all the money in the first place came from the main account a little over a month prior before getting sent back.
    Yeah, that's why I'm so baffled about my banning. This could however, not be why I was banned I suppose. There is just literally no other circumstance that I can think of that would have triggered a review of my account. I've never botted or anything like that. I only had 60k and change so it wasn't like I was hording gold. Unfortunately, I will likely never find out what happened or get my account back.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Yeah, that's why I'm so baffled about my banning. This could however, not be why I was banned I suppose. There is just literally no other circumstance that I can think of that would have triggered a review of my account. I've never botted or anything like that. I only had 60k and change so it wasn't like I was hording gold. Unfortunately, I will likely never find out what happened or get my account back.
    Thats why I pretty much never put in a ticket for anything anymore, and rather call to resolve any issues. Blizzards ticket GMs are NEVER on the same page, and some days you get some that love their job and will go above and beyond to assist, and other days you get people who hate life and just say no with a smile. Good example of this happend yesterday. 3 of my guildies killed Galleon on a different relm, our old relm, and we didnt get loot but could use an extra roll. All 3 of us put in a ticket, and mine got answered first, they said they had no clue what to give me, so they gave me a "consolation bag" with the 28g or w.e in it you get instead of loot. Friend number 1 got answered a few hours later, and was told the correct information, which is that when you kill Galleon on a different relm, he will give opportunity for extra roll but yeild no loot, this was a hotfix in October. Friend number 2 got his answered almost immediately after, and was told this is a huge issue, and that he needs to write this up on the tech support forum and put in a bug report from wow.... I MEAN COMMON how can we all 3 get different answers. But back to my main point sorry for the sidetrack, but just call them. I have always had all account issues fixed much faster and reliably through phone rather then the shitshow of GM tickets.

Yeah, I tried calling. they said they couldn't help me. they only confirmed that it didn't look like I was hacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I love the amount of people who say "Well if you got banned there's more to the story that you aren't telling", as if Blizzard perfectly bans people with no mistakes.

I've been "permanently" banned -6- times. Each time, it was a mistake on Blizzard's end, and each of the 6 times, it wasn't a person applying the ban, it was an automated system. Each time the onus was on me to call them up, point out their mistake, get an apology and unbanned, they never reviewed it on their own accord. After being fed up for the 6th time (was over many years), I finally went through a million hoops and hurdles to get in contact with their account administrator, who was able to inform me that since I was using a tunneler (for a faster ping) since I was in Australia, that spending any sort of large money (via trade OR AH) set off a series of flags. The game noticed my account was Australian, with a US IP, spending mass amounts of gold (On TCG items). My account has been flagged manually by the account admin to require a human review of any automated ban flags in future.

I'd go ahead and say that a large portion of bans issued are automated and require no human action, so when you see "I've been banned" threads, you shouldn't automatically assume there's more to the story that the poster isn't telling you.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats very odd.

I multibox and so do a few of my friends.

I have 7 accounts active, one is my daughters but in my name, all are on the same bnet.

i have over 2.5 million gold now. Our gbank was gold capped, as was one of my toons and rest gold scattered between various other toons.

I really cant say what triggers to be flagged etc, I have mailed at one stage close to 1 million gold to an alt which was in a dfferent guild, to hang onto it, for BMAH purposes. Nothing happened, and I send gold between accounts often, and ALOT of it.

I just play the AH gems, chants, flasks, scroll chants. And make a hell of alot per day.

I aslo play on 3 different oceania realms, high pop, medium-high and low.

I every x amount of time, transfer a guild from high pop to another realm , loaded with raw mats, worth sometimes 500-1 million gold, sell it elsewhere and make a bucket load with no effort. I gave my daughters account recently 500k, and various raiding guildies 30k each, in same night...

So I dont know in your case other then, something must seem wrong to them, Ive never been suspended, or banned in nearly 8 yrs of play.
    Never botted, never abused in public channels, or swore other then in guild chat or vent.

If your legit, I cannot see how it would not be resolved.

Though on other hand there is weird stuff going on, some boxers were suspended in BGS for no reason, and these guys only pvp in arena and rated and norm bgs for YEARS and a few got suspended a few times and no reason was given why :/
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.