Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Personally I happy with a passive damage increase as I enjoy our rotation and playstyle right now. The one thing I want to see and believe should be done is elemental blast made baseline and replaced by a new talent at 90. Blast imo fits the ele rotation, it feels right.

The only other suggestion I would have (and mentioned in another thread) would be for earthquake to work in someway with our fulmination, maybe something like as we gain stacks it lowers the cast time of earthquake (not sure on this one), or increases its damage. That imo would be a new way of bringing EQ into our aoe rotation, especially with the new chain lightening changes.

I dont think an 'execute' talent would work, I don't feel we need it and I also dont think it would feel right.
    Last edited by Kesandri; 2013-02-18 at 10:10 PM.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

The best thing Blizz could do is just move elemental blast to baseline elemental and remove it from talent tree. Does resto or enhance ever take it?

It's huge problem with being interrupted could easily be fixed by making it uninterruptable, which they don't seem to have any of really... should be a couple casts for hardcasters that you waste your interrupt on.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could increase the damage component of Clear Casting, although I would prefer it if they separated the damage buff from the healing buff all together.

Being a player that currently plays enhance and is switching to Ele, no I do not see any Enh shaman in their right mind taking EB over PF. They should make EB a core Ele spell and then make something new that would appeal to all 3 specs instead of just 1.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really needed? I've never noticed a problem myself, maybe it's because I'm not a HC raider or something, but I've always found Ele DPS to be above those around me, with lower gear I normally out DPS others, there is a huge difference between Burst DPS and sustained DPS sure, but it always seemed fine to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    It would be more than passive because it could be maintained on multiple targets by properly managing Lava Burst. I think that's much more interesting than Lightning Bolt getting a slightly different SP coefficient.
    We have no problem with multiple targets, in fact, our cleave with 2-3 targets is already pretty great, and its going to be even better in 5.2 now that CL bounces don't reduce in damage. The buff you were suggesting is still entirely passive on single target, so again, I just don't see how that suggestion is any more interesting than buffing our abilities overall, which would fix us just fine. However, we're still assuming how things are going to change, and making suggestions based off of that. I understand GC implied a possible Shamanism buff, but he didn't actually say that was happening. The fact is, we don't actually know what they're doing yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Is it really needed? I've never noticed a problem myself, maybe it's because I'm not a HC raider or something, but I've always found Ele DPS to be above those around me, with lower gear I normally out DPS others, there is a huge difference between Burst DPS and sustained DPS sure, but it always seemed fine to me?
    Yeah it is needed. At equal gear levels on single target elemental has some of the best burst in the game inside of your Ascendance window. The drop off from that though is so severe that if for any reason your time in Ascendance gets messed up (lets say Vizier Exhale stun for example) your extremely low sustained single target dps number will leave you well and at the bottom of any competent pack of DPS. We have a niche role where we excel at fights with damage increases (Wind Lord Heroic comes to mind) but those fights are few and far between enough to leave us as one of the worst overall USED raid dps specs in the game.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/

We are low middle of the pack there but when you factor in how often some of the specs below us are actually used by raiders we are definitely bottom tier dps atm and the cause of that is directly linked to our single target sustained dps.

Rolling Thunder
    When you deal damage with Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning while your Lightning Shield ability is active, you have a 60% chance to recover 2% of your mana and to generate an additional Lightning Shield charge, up to a maximum of 9 charges.
    In addition, upon reaching the 9th stack, you gain the Charged effect for 3 seconds causing your spells to deal additional damage equal to a charge of Lightning Shield. Spell criticals extend the duration of Charged by 0.5 seconds.
    Only triggered by the initial hit of Chain Lightning. Mastery procs also trigger this. This will improve the value of all secondary stats which seems to be the problem with Elemental scaling. It is not controllable as well to balance it for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    Rolling Thunder
    When you deal damage with Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning while your Lightning Shield ability is active, you have a 60% chance to recover 2% of your mana and to generate an additional Lightning Shield charge, up to a maximum of 9 charges.
    In addition, upon reaching the 9th stack, you gain the Charged effect for 3 seconds causing your spells to deal additional damage equal to a charge of Lightning Shield. Spell criticals extend the duration of Charged by 0.5 seconds.
    Only triggered by the initial hit of Chain Lightning. Mastery procs also trigger this. This will improve the value of all secondary stats which seems to be the problem with Elemental scaling. It is not controllable as well to balance it for pvp.
    There would be no point in using earth shock for fulmination anymore

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    Rolling Thunder
    with 30K spell power:
    Lightning Bolt hits for around 34K
    Lightning Bolt crits for around 85K

One lightning shield hits for around 11.6K

Assuming Fulmination hits for extra 6 charges only that would mean 6*11.6K=69.6K
    and a crit for around 174K
    and that isnt counting Earth Shock.

If my math is correct this means that the buff is worthless.. and confusing because it works against fulmination.
    Either wait until you get 7 stacks and discharge or remove fulmination and give us something that would really benefit us from keeping the stacks that high.

imo.. Fulmination is nice to have.. But it is wasted during Lava Beam in Ascendance.. maybe give us Lava Shock during Ascendance but the damage would be too high to buff Fulmination more.

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    There would be no point in using earth shock for fulmination anymore
    Charged is triggered once. You have to use Earthshock and get 9 stacks again to trigger Charged. Not using Earthshock will delay your next Charged proc.